What will you base your vote on ??? Presidential election 08

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What will you base your vote on ??? Presidential election 08
Next Page »
Kracker_Jap
9/3/08 2:52:23AM
The election is comming up fast and I have read a wide arrangment of opinions on the site, it got me wondering....

What is the most important issue to you??

How big of a deal is it to you on who wins?

Which Candidate are you planing to vote for??

Feel free to post any news about the candidates or recent news on the race that you feel fit...
(You could change someones mind )
hippysmacker
9/3/08 3:18:06AM
Character and protection of the innocent
Pookie
9/3/08 3:39:25AM
Obama. because of -
The Make-up of the supreme court over the next 8 years.
Two Liberal Judges could retire/pass on in that period of time and if a republican goes into office there will be a major Conservative bias inside the supreme court. It needs to stay balanced, i would even vote for mccain(I am a liberal) if the situations were reversed.

mikevolz
9/3/08 3:42:00AM
im not rich enough to be a republican, so....
tdietel01
9/3/08 6:30:46AM
i look at the downward spiral of america's economy in the last 8 years and have no choice but to vote for obama. we also need to leave Iraq NOW! i agree we should have been there in the begining but we cant stay just cause bush wants to prove a point or whatever it is he s thinking.

- on the other hand....... I am more of a conservative and i am afraid to see some more liberal things come to life.
- I love the death penalty and dont think it is used enough

-I dont agree with abortion

-i dont think criminals (murders rapist and pedophiles) should have any rights

- Here comes the trouble, no im not being a troll.......... i am afraid of unneeded civil rights type movements.
DCRage
9/3/08 6:46:35AM
I've already decided on Obama. Main factors to me are Iraq and the economy.
breakdown5
9/3/08 8:07:41AM
I will never vote for a republican...ever.
McCain would make the worst choices for the Supreme Court, is clearly making a pro life stance based on his VP pick, would continue the war in Iraq and probably move into another war before this one is even remotely finished. The US military industrial complex will be in charge for another four years while the lower economic half of the country continues to be left behind. So if you want the economic divide in America to increase vote McCain.

I don't necessarily like Obama, but I can't vote for McCain.
cowcatcher
9/3/08 9:43:29AM

Posted by DCRage

I've already decided on Obama. Main factors to me are Iraq and the economy.

this about sums it up for me, but i want to add that the washington insiders that bush surrounded himself with havent exactly put this country in a good place, and im hoping obama will choose to surround himself with a diverse group of people, some on the ins in washington(biden), and some fresher faces. picking daddys friends that seemingly know little else but cold war politics, really hurt this country, and i think that outside of his vp choice, mccain will choose many of the old guard types to help run the country. war doesnt always equal good economy, maybe 60-70 years ago when we were struggling to fully recoup from the depression, or in the 80s when we were competing to build as much of a military surplus as russia knowing full well an actual war would not and could not break out for the sake of the world. unfortunately, the republican braintrust cannot/has not figured out another way to spark the economy outside of building militarily/being at war, and change is necessary asap. it always seems to get said, but this is truely the most important election in years and will go a long way to determining where we end up as a nation, i only hope its for the better.
emfleek
9/3/08 9:55:08AM
EDITED: Nevermind. I'm staying out of this discussion.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 11:14:49AM

Posted by emfleek

EDITED: Nevermind. I'm staying out of this discussion.

smart move

im basing mine on race & voting for obama....i think white people (including me) have had their chances & its time to give someone else a try

but seriously......i never discuss my vote, not bc its private, but bc what starts as a good open minded conversation usually ends in a closed minded argument

emfleek
9/3/08 11:21:18AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

but seriously......i never discuss my vote, not bc its private, but bc what starts as a good open minded conversation usually ends in a closed minded argument

That pretty much sums it up.
Kracker_Jap
9/3/08 11:27:32AM
I'm a Conservative Christian....

I plan to vote this year for to things this year, Who has the greatest depth of Character and who will steer the country in the direction I want my kids to grow up in....

Prolife-
McCain is has 100% voting record pro life

Pro Energy independance-
McCain wants us to drill and also develop new technologies, like wind ,solar, clean coal and solar

Experience-
McCain all the way

Will Change Washington-
McCain has proven this many times but as late he is the one who looked outside the box for his runninig mate and found Sarah Palin, Obama is the on how overlooked the most qualified person in his party and went the way of the old in Biden
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 11:27:54AM

Posted by emfleek

That pretty much sums it up.

sorry bout Zambrano fleek.... hope its not too serious
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 11:30:42AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Pro Energy independance-
McCain wants us to drill and also develop new technologies, like wind ,solar, clean coal and solar

i cant resist

MccCain voted against EVERY law that he had a chance to vote on that had to do w/ creating wind & solar power for the U.S......

i find political parties to be utterly ignorant to vote based on party & not ideals

also dont understand how people can say one person is horrible while the other candidate is the best possible

we will never get the best candidate bc these guys dont live in the same world we do, they are part of the upper 1% of America that ***** the other 99% of America every damn day

southpark said it best......you will always be voting between a douche & a terd sandwich
cowcatcher
9/3/08 11:34:29AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Pro Energy independance-

i cant resist

MccCain voted against EVERY law that he had a chance to vote on that had to do w/ creating wind & solar power for the U.S......

ding ding ding, sure he says he wants to explore these things when hes stumping for votes, but take a look at his track record and not what he says on the campaign trail and youll see the typical hypocritical nature of most politicians is strong in mccain.
emfleek
9/3/08 11:37:05AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Will Change Washington-
McCain has proven this many times but as late he is the one who looked outside the box for his runninig mate and found Sarah Palin

McCain picked Palin in order to try to secure some of Hillary's female voters. Smart move on his part but thinking outside the box? I disagree. It's strategy.
Kracker_Jap
9/3/08 11:57:55AM
Its more about secuing the base than geting Hillaries pro choice woman
postman
9/3/08 11:58:55AM
As far as Im conserned there is no Repulican party anymore. I keep hearing how could you want big gov. can our gov. get any bigger. I still have no clue who to vote for I was going to base it on the VP but they both suck too so I think Im going to write in Ron Paul.
ohiostate1016
9/3/08 2:08:38PM
I will choose based on who I think is the right man for the job.

Let me just say that I don't think a man that lost to George Bush - twice - is the right man for the job.

And neither is a woman whose entire political career consists of 6 years as the mayor of a town with 1/5 of the people in my university and 2 years as another in the long line of corrupt Alaska governors (she is already being investigated for the firing of her public safety administrator who decided not to dismiss a cop who had divorced her sister).

loller90278
9/3/08 3:29:10PM
i say nader-gonzales.

nader has been running for president longer than i've been alive, thats gotta be saying something
ncordless
9/3/08 3:40:56PM
Good vs. Evil
juanez13
9/3/08 3:42:22PM
Obama. Need to get the republicans out already.
jiujitsufreak74
9/3/08 3:42:59PM
you know, after a having a couple of days in my AP gov class this year i am going to have to say i am not sure who i would vote for. at first i was an Obama supporter, but then i did research on him and felt he was too radical and that he would not get much accomplished. so i decided i would vote for McCain. but then i took a closer look at his foreign policy and i don't agree with his overly aggressive policies and although i do believe some of shore drilling should occur, i do not think it should at the extent of which he plans to. so now i'm just confused. on one hand i am pro-choice and believe in more freedoms...but on the other hand public health care will be just horrific imo...at least to someone in my social class.

the most important issue to me is Domestic economy plans. now that is a broad topic, as it encompasses many other categories, but whichever candidate i feel can help bolster our economy the best i would chose (as long as he isn't totally opposed to me on the other issues). right now i am not quite sure who i feel can help the economy the most and i plan to research the topic a lot more to find out who i think would be the best man for that job.

to me, i am not really opposed to either candidate and i think both are competent leaders so i don't mind if the candidate i chose does not win. i think Obama could be potentially harmful to the country with his overly radical ideals...but i think Congress would keep that in check. i also think McCain could do some damage with his aggressive foreign policy and affinity for war.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 3:55:43PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

you know, after a having a couple of days in my AP gov class this year i am going to have to say i am not sure who i would vote for. at first i was an Obama supporter, but then i did research on him and felt he was too radical and that he would not get much accomplished. so i decided i would vote for McCain. but then i took a closer look at his foreign policy and i don't agree with his overly aggressive policies and although i do believe some of shore drilling should occur, i do not think it should at the extent of which he plans to. so now i'm just confused. on one hand i am pro-choice and believe in more freedoms...but on the other hand public health care will be just horrific imo...at least to someone in my social class.

the most important issue to me is Domestic economy plans. now that is a broad topic, as it encompasses many other categories, but whichever candidate i feel can help bolster our economy the best i would chose (as long as he isn't totally opposed to me on the other issues). right now i am not quite sure who i feel can help the economy the most and i plan to research the topic a lot more to find out who i think would be the best man for that job.

to me, i am not really opposed to either candidate and i think both are competent leaders so i don't mind if the candidate i chose does not win. i think Obama could be potentially harmful to the country with his overly radical ideals...but i think Congress would keep that in check. i also think McCain could do some damage with his aggressive foreign policy and affinity for war.

dont research & hurt ur head too much jjfreak

no way u can pick a candidate thatll make u completely satisfied, just try to pick the one u think will **** shit up the least
mkiv9secsupra
9/3/08 4:01:30PM
Screw the US government. Vote Bob Barr. Not the ideal candidate for me but close. The answer to US problems is not more government, coincidentally its LESS.
dannyfrank
9/3/08 4:33:00PM
i hate political parties. i think the country would work better if everyone didnt feel the need to stand under a banner and would just think for themselves for once. honestly, satan could be on the republican ballot and my parents would still vote republican. political parties just tear the country apart and makes it so a lot people dont look at the issues.

as for the two candidates, im actually glad that i cant vote yet because i dont like the idea of having to choose between the better of two evils
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 5:17:18PM

Posted by dannyfrank

i hate political parties. i think the country would work better if everyone didnt feel the need to stand under a banner and would just think for themselves for once. honestly, satan could be on the republican ballot and my parents would still vote republican. political parties just tear the country apart and makes it so a lot people dont look at the issues.

as for the two candidates, im actually glad that i cant vote yet because i dont like the idea of having to choose between the better of two evils

how do u think i felt w/ bush vs kerry?
were these 2 the best we could find in 04?
God i hope not
WrestlersAssassin
9/3/08 5:22:30PM
Simple, Bush has our economy in the crapper and McCain agrees with him 90% of the time. Why not take a chance on the new guy ready to change things for the better, most red state peopele wont admit it but if Obama was white he would pretty much be a shoe in like Clinton was in the 90's we still live in a racist time and its sick. People are so fixated on little things that dont matter like abortion and a pointless war that drains us of resource and income in the states and everywhere else, that its to the point where people are going to destroy themselves if change is not issued soon. We are in the start of an extinction according to botonists, geologists and astronomers, harmful rays from our reckless lifestyles are causing a cancer epidemic round the world, health care and overall morale of the world is low, plants and wildlife is thining out and even our magnetosphere is changing which is essential to be protected from sun storms and radiation.

Its b/s that theres only 2 realistic choices when it comes to picking a president, whens the last time a independent or green party won.....thats right long ago. I dont consider myself any political party and havnt ever voted since I turned 18 back when King George Jr. was running. But If I was to vote I'm voting for the guy who bases his decisions on a non bias basis rather than religious fundamentalism like Bush or Sadam.
The_Metal_Maniac
9/3/08 10:35:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Will Change Washington-
McCain has proven this many times but as late he is the one who looked outside the box for his runninig mate and found Sarah Palin

McCain picked Palin in order to try to secure some of Hillary's female voters. Smart move on his part but thinking outside the box? I disagree. It's strategy.

While getting some of Clinton' votes were probably the idea. McCain and his staff must be completely clueless if they think women will vote for Palin based on her being a woman alone. Her politics are the complete polar opposite of Hillery's. I personally think McCains choice in Palin ultimately will have cost him this election. It eliminates the largest difference between the two candidates experience. I'm sure Palin has positives, but how I look at it is like this. McCain is 72, and has battled cancer. If he were to die in office the leader of the free world would be a former mayor of a town with 7,000 people, and the governor of Alaska for one year. Being able to field dress a moose doesn't qualify you to lead. Obama has the mindset and the diplomatic ability to lead this country in the right direction.
Kracker_Jap
9/3/08 11:15:27PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Pro Energy independance-

i cant resist

i find political parties to be utterly ignorant to vote based on party & not ideals

also dont understand how people can say one person is horrible while the other candidate is the best possible

we will never get the best candidate bc these guys dont live in the same world we do, they are part of the upper 1% of America that ***** the other 99% of America every damn day

southpark said it best......you will always be voting between a douche & a terd sandwich

You couldn't resist because I'm the one who set the BAIT

so you think Solar and wind power should be a law mandated by the government???? (Please tell me that you kidding) The market should decide these things Congress should not pass laws making the decisions for the amican public

Nobody really says that do they??? But clearly one is better than the other

Have you heard the Palin story???

SouthPark??? Really ????
Pages: [1] 2