BAS RUTTEN & IFL CREW JOIN AFFLICTION

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BAS RUTTEN & IFL CREW JOIN AFFLICTION
Mchubb316
9/9/08 9:59:27PM
As Affliction picks up steam heading into its Oct. 11 Las Vegas debut, the promotion continues to tweak things its roster, television deals and most recently their broadcast team as well.

Out is the initial pay-per-view broadcast group of Jay Glazer, Frank Trigg and “Big” John McCarthy; in is the familiar former International Fight League team of Kenny Rice, Ron Kruck and MMA living legend Bas “El Guapo” Rutten.

Source
bojangalz
9/9/08 10:07:06PM
Shame they couldn't make room for Big John in there somewhere. I'm a huge Bas fan...but his play-by-play is terrible. The last Dream event was kind of hard to listen to at times. Frankly I wasn't sure if Bas was crowning around, or pissed drunk.

It's kind of a fine line sometimes with him.
Bloodhound
9/9/08 10:15:51PM
so Bas Rutten is doing the color comentary?
Wolfenstein
9/9/08 11:04:48PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I alway's enjoy Bas's commentary. Last Dream Event I must have shot a good 3oz's of vitamin water out my nose during Bas's commentary of the Kawajiri vs Alvarez fight. Yeah sometimes he's a little slow on the action but it's a nice change of pace from Joe Rogan.

I thought Big John and Frank Trigg were awful as commentators. At times a sub attempt would be happening and there would be dead silence.

Way to go Affliction!
jgtribbett
9/9/08 11:19:52PM

Posted by bojangalz

Shame they couldn't make room for Big John in there somewhere. I'm a huge Bas fan...but his play-by-play is terrible. The last Dream event was kind of hard to listen to at times. Frankly I wasn't sure if Bas was crowning around, or pissed drunk.

It's kind of a fine line sometimes with him.

well it isnt bad if you wanna hear about the liver shot a million times
prozacnation1978
9/10/08 12:01:05AM
i still think they will sink
RampageOwnedYou
9/10/08 12:57:42AM
Bas and Kenny i'd take anyday! Good move on Afflictions part, a step in the right direction!.