Bas Rutten Vs. Fedor in UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bas Rutten Vs. Fedor in UFC
POLL: Who would be the Victor?
Bas Rutten 35% (16)
Fedor Emelienko 65% (30)
NinjaCyborg
5/28/08 3:01:10PM
Under UFC rules, in the UFC octogon, Who do you guys think would win between these two?

Describe Bas Ruttens and Fedors Strengths and Weaknesses against each other.

Discuss!
iwannabesedated
5/28/08 4:25:00PM
Bas By Liver Pucnh..Its really a no brainer.
Violence108
5/28/08 4:32:42PM
Bas by a liver kick!
JimiMak
5/28/08 4:52:29PM
Bas is too old and hurt to fight, stupidhead

and Fedor wasn't even pro when Bas fought, pee pee brain
MMAcca
5/28/08 4:53:50PM
Bas, if they were both around at the same time.
EON
5/28/08 5:11:22PM
the question should be if they were in there primes and fought in the cage
Copenhagen
5/28/08 7:32:57PM
Does it matter if they were both in their primes or not? Fedor would win regardless.
MFOTHER
5/28/08 7:39:41PM
Do cyborgs have livers? If yes bas.
DiabloFreak56
5/28/08 11:32:27PM
i like bas round 2 via ko
NinjaCyborg
5/29/08 12:26:54AM

Posted by JimiMak

Bas is too old and hurt to fight, stupidhead

and Fedor wasn't even pro when Bas fought, pee pee brain

I was seeriously laughing for a while on this response.... priceless
NinjaCyborg
5/29/08 12:28:12AM

Posted by EON

the question should be if they were in there primes and fought in the cage

Yeah, I meant in their primes, I just forgot to mention that part.
Boo_Radley21
5/29/08 12:43:03AM
Bas
GrandMaster313
5/29/08 1:05:08AM
I think i'd have to flip a coin on this one..................... opp Heads it is FEDOR !
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/29/08 5:31:26AM
A guy with a short and overrated run vs the greatest of all time. How is the vote 18-12 for Fedor? I guess the Fedor hate knows no bounds or logic. I don't see a prime Bas getting in the ring with HMC or even Hunt, let alone actually winning.
mrsmiley
5/29/08 7:09:34AM
I say Fedor would win,though Bas is my favirote of all time.
You never know when Bas will get that liver shot in though.
ICSlegend
5/29/08 7:52:05AM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

A guy with a short and overrated run vs the greatest of all time. How is the vote 18-12 for Fedor? I guess the Fedor hate knows no bounds or logic. I don't see a prime Bas getting in the ring with HMC or even Hunt, let alone actually winning.

Styles make fights. I seriously can't pick a winner here. Bas would definitely give Fedor a lot of problems.

I got Bas by liver punch against HMC, and sub on Hunt. I don't see him beating CC or Nog though.

And Fedor isn't the greatest of all time, Saku is
theguido
5/29/08 10:43:32AM
Bas by bitch slap to the liver.
mrsmiley
5/29/08 11:47:39AM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Styles make fights. I seriously can't pick a winner here. Bas would definitely give Fedor a lot of problems.

I got Bas by liver punch against HMC, and sub on Hunt. I don't see him beating CC or Nog though.

I agree that Bas would beat Hunt by Sub.The thing is with Bas,his skills have kept growing even though he has retired.The guy keeps learning.

I never thought of him fighting Nog or CC.

I would say Nog would take him,and CC would be a toss up.That would be a tough call.
tepid55
5/29/08 12:02:35PM
Fedor would win this fight.
NinjaCyborg
5/29/08 4:39:39PM
I think it's funny that so many people pick Bas by Liver punch!
JimiMak
5/29/08 4:46:22PM

Hell yeah, Sak is the man. Had to spread the love tho.

btw, I picked Fedor in this, easy for me. I love Bas, but....
EON
5/29/08 7:51:14PM
in there primes or not, Fedor by armbar
NatedawgThaM
5/29/08 9:50:53PM
I will never pick Fedor in a UFC fight against anybody who is good on the ground. In PRIDE rules in a ring I think he'd destroy absolutely anybody. But his weakness is his easily cut skin and elbows would play a huge roll in the UFC against him.

I think Bas would take a beating until he finally connects with an elbow that cuts Fedor and ends this fight in the 2nd.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/29/08 9:59:42PM
fedor would murder bas. fedor would clinch , take him down , gnp(with elbows!) and finish with a kimura. I can only dream of the fedor gnp with elbows. one day hopefully.
Copenhagen
5/29/08 10:52:44PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I will never pick Fedor in a UFC fight against anybody who is good on the ground. In PRIDE rules in a ring I think he'd destroy absolutely anybody. But his weakness is his easily cut skin and elbows would play a huge roll in the UFC against him.

I think Bas would take a beating until he finally connects with an elbow that cuts Fedor and ends this fight in the 2nd.

Fedor IS the style that has done so well in the cage: good GNP, good Sambo/Wrestling, Good Subs.
I always laugh when someone says Fedor is the king of the ring, but would suck in a cage. His style completely compliments the cage in every way. Now if you want to throw the subject of elbows = cut for Fedor, I agree with that (though I don't like how people overrate it as "the reason Fedor would suck in the UFC".)