Baroni's First Fight Back

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Baroni's First Fight Back
chickmagnet
8/14/09 2:15:14PM
Apparently, Phil Baroni has left strikeforce, and returned to the UFC. I am actually a Baroni fan so this news is cool with me. Recently he made the move down to welterweight, I see a couple exciting options for opponents for the NYBA. I think Chris Lytle would be an awesome match-up for Baroni, both throw very hard punches and like to brawl, im sure there are some other fighters who would be a good match for Phil.

Thoughts?
emfleek
8/14/09 2:19:20PM
Anthony Johnson
Matt Brown
Dan Hardy
Martin Kampmann
emfleek
8/14/09 2:19:49PM

Posted by chickmagnet

I think Chris Lytle would be an awesome match-up for Baroni, both throw very hard punches and like to brawl, im sure there are some other fighters who would be a good match for Phil.

Lytle just blew his ACL so he's going to be out for quite a while.
cowcatcher
8/14/09 2:20:19PM
if he wasnt hurt id say brad blackburn in a battle of decent fighters with records that arent that great.
hotrodttt
8/14/09 3:32:07PM

Posted by cowcatcher

if he wasnt hurt id say brad blackburn in a battle of decent fighters with records that arent that great.

Yeah that would be an appealing fight just because of the inevitable slugfest that would come with it.
Violence108
8/14/09 3:35:41PM
give him Johny Hendricks, see if he can beat him 1st
copcopps
8/14/09 3:48:45PM
Matt Brown, TJ Grant, Anthony Johnson
Irish_Pride
8/14/09 3:55:48PM
I would like to see Baroni fight Matt Brown or Marcus Davis as his first fight back. Anyone that is willing to stand and brawl with him would make a great fight.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/14/09 4:03:35PM

Posted by Violence108

give him Johny Hendricks, see if he can beat him 1st

he couldnt, i dont see how he can win a fight in the UFC nowadays
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/09 4:07:14PM
Paul Taylor
Jesse Sanders
rory markham
Kevin Burns

Maybe down the road, daley vs baroni
mkiv9secsupra
8/14/09 4:16:19PM
There isnt a single UFC WW i think Baroni can beat... So it might as well be someone they need to build up, ie. Anthony Johnson, Marcus Davis or Dan Hardy

Can someone tell me how in the hell Baroni got a deal? It is mind boggling to me....
whardin19
8/14/09 5:41:41PM
I would like to see him against any of these guys:

Matt Brown
Paul Taylor
Rory Markham
Kevin Burns
Chris Lytle
joshryanshepherd
8/14/09 6:12:29PM
let John Hendricks fight em!
Wallass
8/14/09 6:43:30PM
Davis, Hardy and Burns are the three best fights that are likely to happen. You know Joe Silva is gonna make sure he gets someone he stands a better chance with. Someone like Hendricks or Grant would own him on the gound, Johnson would destroy him on the feet and make for a boring uneventful retun for Baroni. Im interested to see what they do with his first fight.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/14/09 7:40:07PM
I would like to see him fight Paul Daley first. This would be a great stand up war and a good guage of both fighters. If Baroni can overcome Daley I think he has a good starting point in th WW division. I believe this is the same case for Daley, if he can beat Baroni it is a good platform to start from. I think this fight would definately end with a brutal KO.
prozacnation1978
8/14/09 7:46:19PM
i think in nov card maybe matt brown or a rory markham
ravanunen
8/14/09 9:09:25PM
i want to see him fight Matt Sera haha
Khaos
8/14/09 10:55:51PM
I'd like to see him against Matt Riddle, 'cause I think that'd be an interesting fightr, and if he'd one help him becasue Riddle is undefeated. I'd also like to see him against Paul Taylor or Matt brown, 'cause those fights could be slugfests.
Mayhem13
8/17/09 11:24:35AM
I want to see him fight Matt Brown most. Sometime this fall I bet.

Would be a war, I think Brown should win....but it would be exciting, and you can never completely count out Baronis power...but I would take Brown rnd 2 tko
teamquestnorth
8/18/09 7:24:07PM
I think dan hardy or marcus davis would be not only great fights(at least for 1 round maybe 2) but the pre fight hype would be crazy especially with hardy. Id also like to see him fight kos but if kos got hurt he would just take baroni down and the fight would be over pretty quick.
ch3nch3cker
8/19/09 10:28:30PM
I LOVE Phil Baroni despite his poor record. Dude is a GREAT entertainer!

Anyways, I think Lytle would be a great fight.Also think Paul Taylor would be a great fight.

What do you guys think about Paul Taylor/Baroni???