BARNETT RESPONDS TO STEROID ALLEGATIONS

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BARNETT RESPONDS TO STEROID ALLEGATIONS
emfleek
7/30/09 8:30:29AM
A representative of embattled heavyweight Josh Barnett on Wednesday broke her silence after a California State Athletic Commission drug test allegedly flagged him as a steroid user, effectively canceling his bout with Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy.”

Released to the media was a statement from Barnett's manager, Shannon Hooper of Excel Sports Management, which addressed the situation with Affliction and the CSAC.

STORY
cowcatcher
7/30/09 8:31:43AM
suddenly i dont really care about this so much anymore, i have a new goat in vadim.
emfleek
7/30/09 8:36:45AM

Posted by cowcatcher

suddenly i dont really care about this so much anymore, i have a new goat in vadim.

Agreed. Can't say I'm really surprised, though.
hippysmacker
7/30/09 9:51:53AM
Wow, shocking. A fighter who tested positive for a banned substance denies it. Wow- his lawyer has a speech blaming someone else , and calling into doubt anything that shows just how guilty he is. javascript:Emote(''); Wow- even though this is the 3rd one he failed, we should suddenly beleive him, becuase we are all stupid
Seriously though, if this were his first time. i could see him trying this , but this is the 3rd. Barnett is just a non-entity in my book now . If you can't win with honor, it's not really winning to me. I'm just removing him from any rankings I have, for the integrity of the sport. If he can't face up to the facts and follow the rules, i just don't want to see him fight anymore.
StorminYourman
7/30/09 12:21:16PM
I too have removed Barnett from my rankings.
If the guy really denies takeing roids then let him take an independent test again and show the results there.
telnights
7/30/09 12:43:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Wow, shocking. A fighter who tested positive for a banned substance denies it. Wow- his lawyer has a speech blaming someone else , and calling into doubt anything that shows just how guilty he is. javascript:Emote(''); Wow- even though this is the 3rd one he failed, we should suddenly beleive him, becuase we are all stupid
Seriously though, if this were his first time. i could see him trying this , but this is the 3rd. Barnett is just a non-entity in my book now . If you can't win with honor, it's not really winning to me. I'm just removing him from any rankings I have, for the integrity of the sport. If he can't face up to the facts and follow the rules, i just don't want to see him fight anymore.

I also removed him from my rankings. Its because after 3 positives I have to think he was using in almost every fight so he earned those rankings by cheating. I also see having him ranked as top 10 HW gives the sport of MMA a bad name. I don't want it to be seen like Pro Wrestling in Japan.