Barnett out of next pride.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Barnett out of next pride.
roman
3/15/07 8:20:52PM
Although he one of the ones listed to fight on the next Pride event it may not happen. So we will miss out on at least one of the top five heavyweights. Kinda shitty but I thought I would share.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=43407027&blogID=241442491&MyToken=27cccb77-ecb9-4239-a28d-84bd8a5f9165
loller90278
3/15/07 8:43:05PM
goddamn you pride, stop disappointing me constantly.
kerazzle
3/16/07 4:54:01AM

Posted by loller90278

The guys neds to take a break badly, he has had 7 fights and u could see in Barnett-Nog 2 that he was burnt out. IMO he should re st up and train properly for a bout w/ Fedor.
hippysmacker
3/16/07 5:14:32AM

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by loller90278

The guys neds to take a break badly, he has had 7 fights and u could see in Barnett-Nog 2 that he was burnt out. IMO he should re st up and train properly for a bout w/ Fedor.

I agree with Werdum gone, it's their only first time, high profile match against him left. I hope they agree to fight eachother. Last I read Fedor/barnett were buddies and were not sure if they would actually go through with it.
roman
3/16/07 8:06:27PM

I agree with Werdum gone, it's their only first time, high profile match against him left. I hope they agree to fight eachother. Last I read Fedor/barnett were buddies and were not sure if they would actually go through with it.

Well they might be buddies but I am sure they would throw down with eachother....... espeically Barnett if he ever wants that belt.
angel-of-death
3/17/07 2:44:52PM
If Barnett doesn't want to fight Fedor then there really is no point in him being across at Pride. Pride should give him a tune-up fight first though if he does want to fight Fedor, just to get Barnett back to winning ways after his loss against Big Nog.

The question is, without Barnett, who's going to be the main event at the next Pride!
TVDog
3/17/07 11:09:15PM
Barnett needs to get out of his PRIDE contract immediately and head to the UFC. He's got the talent and personality to really add depth to the now-expanding Heavyweight division.

Maybe DSE and Zuffa could work out some kind of trade: Barnett for Frank Mir and Jake O'Brien. That way PRIDE gets two more shitty fighters to promote and the UFC gets a guy who will be a legitimate star from the get-go.

I don't know if Barnett would feel at home in America, though...not as much anime on TV. Homeboy might go into withdrawals if he can't watch Fist of the North Star on a regular basis.