BARNETT VS. FEDOR NOT HAPPENING IN JANUARY

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BARNETT VS. FEDOR NOT HAPPENING IN JANUARY
StorminYourman
10/2/08 7:57:18PM
Wolfenstein
10/2/08 8:18:23PM
"He maintains his decision is based on personal and business reasons" Sounds like that salary cut came along. Barnett has always been a primadonna and this further confirms that. He's just not worth that kind of money. At one time he sat out for a year because no one would pay him what he felt he ws worth. Be prepared to sit on the sidelines again for a while, as father time slowly passes by.
gartface
10/3/08 12:53:41AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

"He maintains his decision is based on personal and business reasons" Sounds like that salary cut came along. Barnett has always been a primadonna and this further confirms that. He's just not worth that kind of money. At one time he sat out for a year because no one would pay him what he felt he ws worth. Be prepared to sit on the sidelines again for a while, as father time slowly passes by.

To be fair though, when he fights, he fights a lot in a year compared to most top level competitors. I think the guy is worth the money, I still think he's a top 5 heavyweight and is one of the few people I think can even take Fedor to a decision still.
finnish_line
10/3/08 9:10:14AM

Is that Arlovski fight with Nelson still happening on CBS?

If so, hopefully Arlovski doesn't take any real damage and can fight Fedor in a few months.
Darnok
10/3/08 10:46:52AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Wolfenstein

To be fair though, when he fights, he fights a lot in a year compared to most top level competitors. I think the guy is worth the money, I still think he's a top 5 heavyweight and is one of the few people I think can even take Fedor to a decision still.

I think you are exactly right, He is worth the money.

The problem is that Affliction can't afford to pay him anymore.
4u2nv
10/3/08 11:31:44AM
Wow someone please give Fedor a fight! This man can never just be on easy street. Unless he joins the UFC that is! lol