Barnett vs. Cormier

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Barnett vs. Cormier
POLL: Who wins? Barnett or Cormier:
Josh Barnett 60% (18)
Daniel Cormier 20% (6)
It will be a wrestling snoozefest 3% (1)
Draw 3% (1)
Don King 13% (4)
scoozna
5/14/12 2:14:15PM
Barnett by Kimura.
sparky
5/14/12 2:27:29PM
Im going DC by UD or TKO
scoozna
5/14/12 2:58:28PM
It should be good, i'm genuinely psyched for this.
Budgellism
5/14/12 4:33:29PM

Posted by sparky

Im going DC by UD or TKO

MMAcca
5/14/12 5:53:18PM
This will be Cormier's coming out party imo.
jae_1833
5/14/12 6:10:32PM
I can't help but think that DC is going to create a snoozer.....unintentionally of course. I don't thank he will have the gnp skills to take out Barnett. I don't see Barnett on top during any time and certainly don't see him subbing DC from the bottom. DC by snoozer....
shaneTpain
5/14/12 7:45:11PM
Super pumpd for the one!!! The last interesting fight left in Strikeforce
I say transfer both these dudes into the UFC after the bout, who ever won it gets a title shot & pull the plug on Strikeforce all together!! Absorb the best fighters (ala WEC) & lets start seeing a UFC event every weekend!

Just had to get that off my chest (aka fairly sizable man breasts)

oh! & I think DC will get subbed late in the fight by The Babyfaced one
Budgellism
5/14/12 11:00:37PM

Posted by jae_1833

I can't help but think that DC is going to create a snoozer.....unintentionally of course. I don't thank he will have the gnp skills to take out Barnett. I don't see Barnett on top during any time and certainly don't see him subbing DC from the bottom. DC by snoozer....

I actually think this fight will play out mostly on the feet. Cormier has fallen in love with his striking and has really put the effort in to improve it. And of course, he has the tools to keep it there and take it to the ground if he's in any trouble.

Something in my head is just screaming Barnett will gas horribly in the championship rounds and Cormier will finish him with some ground and pound. It's a Heavyweight fight as well so that increases the chances of a finish, especially with this being a 25 minute fight. It feels weird to say it at this point but Cormier is a 33 year old prospect that could make waves in the UFC's Heavyweight division.

With all of that said though, Josh Barnett is a veteran of this sport and has beaten some of the best the Heavyweight division has had to offer. He's well rounded and if he gets on top of you you're basically screwed. I just personally think this is a bad style match up for him. I'd love to see both guys in the UFC when this tournament is all said and done.
Budgellism
5/14/12 11:36:13PM

Posted by shaneTpain

I counter this with Lawler/Jardine, Gracie/Souza, Marquardt/Misaki and Rousey vs. anyone
Pookie
5/15/12 2:30:34PM
I doubt Barnett scores a single takedown on Cormier
shaneTpain
5/15/12 9:05:52PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by shaneTpain

I counter this with Lawler/Jardine, Gracie/Souza, Marquardt/Misaki and Rousey vs. anyone

forgot about Rousey!

scratch that first part
Boo_Radley21
5/17/12 11:11:43AM
Cormier all day. He'll work Barnett on the feet and the mat
george112
5/18/12 2:22:57AM
Going with Barnett on this one.

Experience is going to be huge for him IMO.

Hopefully he mixes it up fairly evenly between the feet and ground
scoozna
5/18/12 10:50:07AM
I re-watched DC smash Bigfoot in the Strikeforce rebroadcast last night. I'm having second thoughts about my Barnett pick.
KungFuMaster
5/19/12 2:17:56AM
I have Barnett by submission.