Barboza's camp says no Gomi discussions for "UFC: Rio," but lightweight open to bout

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Barboza's camp says no Gomi discussions for "UFC: Rio," but lightweight open to bout
FastKnockout
4/13/11 10:27:37PM
UFC lightweight prospect Edson Barboza has been linked to a potential matchup with Japanese superstar Takanori Gomi, but the Brazilian's camp says those reports are premature.

Brazilian-based outlet Tatame suggested Barboza and Gomi would meet at August's "UFC: Rio," event, but Barboza's manager, Alex Davis, told MMAjunkie.com there has been no such discussion thus far.

That said, Davis said his client would be thrilled to fight in his native country, and they welcome any opponent the UFC puts on the table

LINK
DeadHead988
4/13/11 10:44:31PM
It would be cool, Barboza should win it easily. Gomi's just not at the same level as the other lightweights.
Jride
4/13/11 11:09:34PM
Gomi is going to ICE this dude.
RhythmAndStyle
4/14/11 1:52:11AM
i'm a hugh Gomi fan..i always pick the dude to win..but if he fought Barboza..Barboza prolly got send him packin..Barboza a ****** beast..is his hand heald yet?, cuz i know it was injury before n durnin his match against Anthony..