What did you think of Barack Obama's Speech?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What did you think of Barack Obama's Speech?
Pookie
3/22/08 3:17:20PM
Please no political flaming in either direction...

Personally i thought it was a great speech and was moved by it. He handled the situation very thoughtfully and you could tell that it wasnt a speech that someone else wrote for him.
tberg420
3/22/08 5:02:33PM
I agree and I'm glad to see that there are MMA fans who care about things like this!
casey64
3/22/08 6:27:42PM
Yeah leavin all the bs behind i liked the speech
DieSlow
3/22/08 6:51:21PM
Leaving all politics and bs aside, his speech was one of the best made by a president or presidential-hopeful in the last 40-50 years, IMO.

It will be referenced and remembered for a very long time.

And the most impressive thing: He wrote the entire speech himself, unlike 99.99% of most politicians, especially presidents and candidates.

Lockfrow
3/22/08 7:16:43PM
The guy is definitely a better orator than the other two.
roadking95th
3/22/08 11:50:12PM
His speech confirmed everything suspected of him the last couple of weeks. He answered nothing and justified his pastor's racism.

check this out
A brief for Whitey
Pitbull09
3/23/08 12:30:23AM

Posted by roadking95th

His speech confirmed everything suspected of him the last couple of weeks. He answered nothing and justified his pastor's racism.

check this out
A brief for Whitey

The speech did avoid addressing the issues he was suppose to confront. Whether people consider it emotionally moving or not, I think it really didnt help the issue but only divided the nation more with black and white votes.
Nightmare27
3/23/08 3:00:03AM
Are you talking about the one in Medford, Oregon today? That shit was like a block from my house and it was a ****** zoo. I had to go get stuff for my kids birthday and couldnt leave without getting hasseled by the man. I didnt watch it on tv either, I was pissed off!!
Vietnamese_Guy
3/23/08 3:18:02AM
HOPE CHANGE etc
Pookie
3/23/08 4:27:16AM

Posted by roadking95th

check this out
A brief for Whitey

He didnt justify it... wtf? did you listen to him. He called his pastors views radical and inappropriate, later going on to say that he completely disagreed with it.

iwannabesedated
3/23/08 2:58:32PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by roadking95th

check this out
A brief for Whitey

He didnt justify it... wtf? did you listen to him. He called his pastors views radical and inappropriate, later going on to say that he completely disagreed with it.

Yeah,thats pretty much what any person would do and say If they want to have a chance of being the president.
bls1919
3/23/08 7:56:39PM
If he really thought that the pastor views were out of line why would he even associate himself with the man over a long period of time. I think it was a bunch of BS, just him trying meekly to cover his ass. WAR HILLARY
Kracker_Jap
3/24/08 10:04:21AM
It was another Obama speech......

"I HOPE TO CHANGE WHAT YOU THINK WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE ISSUES"

key words being "HOPE" and "CHANGE"

The choice is now clear vote Republican