Bantamweight Michael McDonald auctions off UFC 145-worn fight shorts for charity

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bantamweight Michael McDonald auctions off UFC 145-worn fight shorts for charity
BuffaloDave
5/17/12 10:10:51AM
"Mayday" recently placed up for auction the actual shorts he wore during his UFC 145 knockout of former WEC champ Miguel Torres.

Interested buyers can bid on the shorts at ebay.com, and McDonald has committed to giving 100 percent of the proceeds to Crossover International, Inc., a 501.3c organization "that promotes using sports to spread God’s word."

McDonald is also willing to autograph or personalize the shorts if the winning bidder so desires.

"The reason I'm choosing to support Crossover International is because
we share a common cause, which is something I find incredibly valuable
and close to my heart," McDonald told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Going out into the world, spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and shining a light in a place that very few lights are shone, Crossover uses the sport of basketball to reach kids and show them that being a Christian doesn't mean that you can't
have fun by bringing the community together and putting the word of God
into kid's lives.

"If just one kid's life could be changed for the better, then it would all be worth it to me. That is why we are going to do our best to help Crossover International in their cause."

LINK