UFC Bans Condom Depot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Bans Condom Depot
Gogoplatapus
12/22/09 3:32:47PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/22/1212843/another-long-time-sponsor-has-been

From an e-mail advertisement signed as from Jennifer Amato

Dana White Took Food From The Mouths of Our Sponsored Fighters Just In Time For Christmas! Sorry Spencer, Josh, Gabe, Jake and everyone else...
We have been notified that we have been Banned From the UFC and WEC!
We have provided fighters 100's of thousands of dollars DIRECTLY over the last 2 years but can no longer do so! Not to mention word came down during AIDS awareness month!!
UFC a Classy Organization runned by an even Classier Guy.

emfleek
12/22/09 3:35:28PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

C'mon...really?
hate4thestate
12/22/09 3:35:29PM
this is why strikeforce will reign supreme in a year or two.
Gogoplatapus
12/22/09 3:39:34PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

C'mon...really?

haha, I wonder if that went out to everyone or just B.E. rewrite.
SmileR
12/22/09 3:45:07PM
Dam, condom depo sponsered everyone! I wonder why they got banned?
emfleek
12/22/09 3:47:01PM

Posted by SmileR

Maybe as a preventive measure?

jae_1833
12/22/09 4:20:34PM
You have to admit, thier's was the absolutely worst advertisement to have on a male fighter's butt!
DCRage
12/22/09 4:40:23PM
This is BS! Where are these guys going to go now for protection? Joking aside, they were one of my favorite sponsors just because of who they are.

(I know...)

Edit: Well, now they could switch to Trojan...then they could say they're a "TROJAN MAN!" OK, I'll stop now...*hums Trojan jingle*
EvenFlow
12/22/09 5:22:33PM
Pulling Out Ftw
karn501
12/22/09 5:54:34PM
i think they just get bored and decide to do random crap for no reason it doesnt really make too much sense to me
BeeR
12/22/09 6:47:48PM
I always laugh when I see "condom depot" plastered across a mans bum.

what a bad placement, id be putting that sponsor right on my thigh lol.
king_katool
12/22/09 7:26:27PM

Posted by hate4thestate

this is why strikeforce will reign supreme in a year or two.

SF will die like the rest of them do
sbulldavid
12/22/09 7:51:21PM
I don't think Strikeforce is going anywhere, they keep doing things right, and they allow their fighters to be themselves, and they put on good fights.
SpiderSilva
12/22/09 8:07:34PM
it wasnt as bad as ben rothwell having enzite on his shorts when he fought cain

edit it was extenze

the best sponser ever
postman
12/22/09 10:34:46PM
I kid you not I guy came to the gym lastnight and as we are leaving he says I don't even know why I brought my bag all I have is my cup and a pack of Condoms after heavy laughter I say well at least we know your protecting your D***. Now that I typed it maybe you had to be there?
IriShame
12/22/09 10:48:10PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

C'mon...really?

I know right? Wouldn't you at least have a friend proof read this if it was going to be sent out nationally? Anyway, I'm glad they didn't, now I get free chuckles.

By the way, condoms suck anyway.
scoozna
12/22/09 11:20:26PM

Posted by SmileR

It sure would have been nice if they included the reason why. Or maybe Zuffa didn't bother to tell them?
cmill21
12/23/09 1:02:00AM
I wonder when Dana will realize without the fighters there is no UFC, but without the UFC there will always be fights. He's going to screw himself, which he deserves since he keeps screwing the fighters.
Fish_Hook
12/23/09 1:55:24PM
Thats messed up. I'd be a dad if not for them. My girl always gets stuff of their site.
prozacnation1978
12/23/09 10:07:45PM
i saw this coming
sad to see so many sponsers being banned when they are helping the fighter with more pay
NeaRMisS
12/23/09 10:47:26PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i saw this coming
sad to see so many sponsers being banned when they are helping the fighter with more pay

Enlighten me and the others I am sure on how you saw this comming. Yes, UFC does ban sponsors, but they ussually have a reason. Whats the reason this time?
BeeR
12/24/09 8:00:09AM
Because the UFC wants the sponsors to pay THEM a large chunk of cash just to sponsor their fighters. In most cases Im sure its a very large chunk.. which is why everyone is saying no, and getting banned in return.

I think is is completely rediculous, especially when the UFC is paying guys $2k for a fight, while their sponsors are putting food in their mouthes
zephead
12/24/09 10:06:15AM
Why does the UFC hate birth control?
JimiMak
12/26/09 1:08:09PM
I'm really glad. That sponsor is in bad taste and I think many many casual or less than casual fans were turned off by watching guys grapple w/ condom ads on their a**es. I was surpriseed they were ever allowed to ad that way in the first place. It's not like there aren't more appropriate sponsors that will pay these guys.