Badr Hari could be a good addition to MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Badr Hari could be a good addition to MMA
placente
9/6/11 4:39:14PM
I've seen this dude Badr Hari on HDnet fights, DEMOLISH k1 fighters like they were his bitches, i also saw my first spinning heel kick ko watching him, he has beat Alistair Overeem and Semmy Schilt who are really good caliber k1 strikers. But i ask myself could this dude Badr hari do the same in MMA? Given that he trains the grappling aspect of MMA 24/7 until he develops a solid mma game, could he beat the likes of Bones Jones, Quinton Jackson, or even Junior Dos Santos?

i think with a solid takedown defense, he could beat all those guys easily. Thoughts?

im sorry if this topic was already discussed.
Budgellism
9/6/11 5:00:16PM
He had an mma fight and lost in 22 seconds to a guy 5-6 now.
placente
9/6/11 5:11:15PM

Posted by Budgellism

that was 9 years ago
warglory
9/6/11 5:57:12PM

Posted by placente

Posted by Budgellism

that was 9 years ago

Traditional kickboxers, especially successful ones, usually have a terrible time transitioning to MMA. One of the few exceptions is CroCop, but that was because once upon a time the man had damn good tdd.
Budgellism
9/6/11 6:17:45PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by placente

Posted by Budgellism

that was 9 years ago

Traditional kickboxers, especially successful ones, usually have a terrible time transitioning to MMA. One of the few exceptions is CroCop, but that was because once upon a time the man had damn good tdd.

What he said.

9 years ago or in 2 years from now, it'll most likely be the same results. He's cocky and would probably not train properly in the areas of mma that he needs to be successful. Not to mention he's been in so many wars already and switching over to mma now is just not going to work unless you're fighting in gimmicky or lower organizations.
ghandikush
9/6/11 6:25:53PM

Posted by placente

I've seen this dude Badr Hari on HDnet fights, DEMOLISH k1 fighters like they were his bitches, i also saw my first spinning heel kick ko watching him, he has beat Alistair Overeem and Semmy Schilt who are really good caliber k1 strikers. But i ask myself could this dude Badr hari do the same in MMA? Given that he trains the grappling aspect of MMA 24/7 until he develops a solid mma game, could he beat the likes of Bones Jones, Quinton Jackson, or even Junior Dos Santos?

i think with a solid takedown defense, he could beat all those guys easily. Thoughts?

im sorry if this topic was already discussed.

No disciprine for the ground. And to be honest a very reachy game like semmy.
Pookie
9/6/11 7:36:34PM
I think cro-cop did so well because he has a compact build and short arms, which help takedown defense.

Hari possessing the opposite traits would be forced to learn a BJJ game, which takes longer to assimilate into your game from a pure striking base, and he'll lose rounds that way until he can tap out the best of the best.

He's built for K-1, he should stick there.
placente
9/6/11 8:29:04PM
i just wanted to see a spinning heel kick ko in mma
Budgellism
9/6/11 9:27:58PM

Posted by placente

Chael_Sonnen
9/6/11 9:29:00PM
Any decent wrestler would wreck Hari inside of 2 minutes
placente
9/6/11 11:36:33PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by placente

IN MMA!!!!!!!!!!
warglory
9/7/11 7:38:04AM

Posted by placente

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by placente

IN MMA!!!!!!!!!!

Just enjoy it...
prophecy033
9/7/11 11:38:45AM
If he WERE to come to the ufc, Joel Silva would match him up with a former D-1 wrestler to see if he has what it takes because that's what they do. No easy fights in the BIG SHOW
Pookie
9/11/11 10:42:11PM
Hell, he could probably beat Hague and Turschererererer
Geoffo
10/24/11 9:31:52PM
Only if he had a good solid defense.
Which would take years.
He could training wrestling everyday for few hours, any all american wrestler can take him down and pound him out faster than you can say... Badr Hari.
Aether
10/25/11 4:22:28AM

Posted by placente

Posted by Budgellism

that was 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure that he hasn't spent a single day of those 9 years practicing takedown defense or Jiu Jitsu, so absolutely nothing has changed other than that the people he would be fighting have progressed 9 years while he's been kickboxing.