Bader Injury Update: MCL & PCL Tears, No Surgery

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bader Injury Update: MCL & PCL Tears, No Surgery
DCRage
4/9/09 6:40:22AM
TUF 8 Light Heavyweight winner Ryan Bader, coming off a decision win at UFC Fight Night 18, revealed yesterday that he has both a torn MCL & PCL but not a torn ACL coming out of the fight. He'll be out for at least 6 weeks but will not have PCL surgery, which could've meant 6-12 months on the sidelines.

Article
team_demon_fighter
4/9/09 7:31:51AM
thats real good news for bader.. he jus needs to make sure he takes it slow so he dont risk a worse injury..
babytater03
4/9/09 7:47:08AM
this is just an assumption, but i'm guessing Ryan is going to come back at 102 (probably) and have a can to fight on the main card. He should be taking a step up in competition but with this injury i'm sure Silva will pass him a lateral movement and just let him take one in easy. i doubt you'll see Bader in a fight of importance before the end of the year now with this injury.

just imao.
CiaoBaby
4/9/09 11:33:06AM
Bader is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Is he tough? Yes. Is he a great wrestler? Yes. But I would rather see Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes II, then watch Bader lay on top of someone for 15 minutes...Boooo!!!
KaibaThedon
4/9/09 12:53:05PM
Thats good news... don't like to see serious injuries
gartface
4/9/09 12:57:30PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

Bader is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Is he tough? Yes. Is he a great wrestler? Yes. But I would rather see Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes II, then watch Bader lay on top of someone for 15 minutes...Boooo!!!

I'm sorry, but I must have been watching a different fight. I'm pretty sure I saw him attempting armbars in the first round against Marerro, almost pull off an arm triangle from GUARD in the second or third with, apparently a torn MCL and PCL. The dude has tons of power too. I'm looking for big things from this guy.

WAR BADER! I hope he's back soon and continues to dominate.
CiaoBaby
4/9/09 1:38:22PM
You are correct sir. He did roll for ONE arm bar in the first minute of the first round. I guess I couldn’t call it lay and pray because he is busy, he just doesn’t do any damage. If you spend two and half rounds in side control or mount over Carmello Marrero, and can't finish him. YOU STINK. Don't blame the injury either, because he did the same thing on the show.
DevonFoxy
4/9/09 3:31:21PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

You are correct sir. He did roll for ONE arm bar in the first minute of the first round. I guess I couldn’t call it lay and pray because he is busy, he just doesn’t do any damage. If you spend two and half rounds in side control or mount over Carmello Marrero, and can't finish him. YOU STINK. Don't blame the injury either, because he did the same thing on the show.

Yea darn him for not trying and stand and trade with a torn MCL. Whats his problem?? This guy clearly can't fight. The fact that hes only been in the sport for two years is just no excuse. Why is he even in the UFC? He clearly has nothing to offer anyone
cmill21
4/9/09 3:47:30PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

He KTFO two of his opponents lol.
LakieMan
4/9/09 6:05:31PM
Good news right there.
Jackelope
4/9/09 7:56:57PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

First of all- you're getting a warning for fighter bashing.

If you spend two and half rounds in side control or mount over Carmello Marrero, and can't finish him. YOU STINK. Don't blame the injury either, because he did the same thing on the show.

That's not cool. Rule #2 on the forums.

Second of all- Bader has been training MMA for a very short amount of time. For him to have accomplished what he has in such a short period of time is absolutely amazing. Especially with wins over opponents with a TON more experience, and with him having fought so many times in one year. 6 pro fights in 9 months? That is insane.

There was not one single point in which Marrero was in that fight despite having competed in MMA for 5 years against an opponent who has only been competing for 2, and despite the fact that his vastly under-experienced opponent had suffered a serious injury in the 1st round of the bout.
ThePlague
4/9/09 8:57:15PM
I'm really glad it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I was nervous about how much time he might have to take off after he talked about feeling his knee pop, since I've been psyched about such a talented wrestler who also has knockout power winning TUF. BTW, he said his knee gave out in the first round, so I'd say his performance was pretty amazing.