Bader and Efrain

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bader and Efrain
nickcuc547
12/14/08 1:31:03PM
Who do they get next, my guess is a complete tomato can, possible even a guy making his ufc debut. i think they slowly build up nover and vinny as well, these guys are young and all have gotten more hype than the last two tuf winners.
higdon10
12/14/08 3:29:26PM
They are going to have some cupcakes early. Thats for sure.
imanidiot777
12/14/08 3:31:07PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Who do they get next, my guess is a complete tomato can, possible even a guy making his ufc debut. i think they slowly build up nover and vinny as well, these guys are young and all have gotten more hype than the last two tuf winners.

I agree they need to build them up slowly because Vinny and Nover still have a HUGE upside.

First, the losers:

-I think if they decide to keep Roli Delgado they should let Nover fight him to get a win under his belt. Nover should win that.

-Vinny should also fight one of the TUF 8 guys that he could beat, Primm, Kingsbury, or Lawlor.

Now the winners:

-Let Bader fight Krzysztof Soszynski or Tim Boetsch.

-Efrain....hard to decide here. He should fight Rafael Dos Anjos or possibly Terry Etim.

I do like all four of these guys for the future though. Joe Rogan kept emphasizing what a good background wrestling is because of the mentality you have when wrestling and because you learn how to do good, grueling work out sessions and learn to cut weight very well. Bader and Efrain were both wrestlers and if they are given time and the right opponents in the beginning to build the rest of their game they could both be very good. Bader is ridiculously strong.

Nover seems very well rounded and if he just gets a little better at wrestling (defending the takedowns or taking people down as he wishes) he should be a great fighter. Obviously Vinny has the ground game but his striking seems poor, if he can add that I don't see why he can't be a champion.

Wolfenstein
12/14/08 3:49:48PM
I don't think they're going to feed Efrain any cans as he already has a 11-0 record with only 2 bouts going to desicion. I agree with the above post, as Terry Etim or Dos Anjos are likely. Both guys would test his mettle, and give an idea just where Efrain stands in the LW mix.
Hendo67
12/14/08 8:31:19PM
Bader vs Hammil?
upgrade
12/14/08 9:06:25PM
i say that they give badar either cantwell or alex schonauer and give efrain either dennis siver,mark boeck, or terry etim. i also say that they give junie or dave kaplan to phillipe so he has a good chance of getting a win. i also say that vinny should not fight a cupcake fighter right off the bat i say they give him boetsch or just have him fight krzysztof again.
Jackelope
12/14/08 11:25:09PM

Posted by Hendo67

Bader vs Hammil?

That's a great matchup, IMO. Both have orthodox boxing styles that aren't exactly top notch, and both have fantastic wrestling.

I actually think Bader would outwrestle Hamill, and that's something we don't see too often at all.
Mayhem13
12/15/08 12:30:49AM
Efrain - Emerson
Bader - James Lee
Krsytyoff - Boetsch
Vinny - Lawlor
Phillipe - Nelson
Junie - Gamburyan
MMAcca
12/15/08 2:27:13AM
I think Bader should fight somebody who's a test, but beatable.

A striker like Houston Alexander, or maybe Gusmao or Drwal
TheCatFather
12/15/08 3:41:59PM
Efrain - COLE MILLER
Bader - Krsytyoff
Vinny - Stephan Bonnar
Phillipe - Junie

MFOTHER
12/16/08 6:06:07PM
i like the kryzstov bader fight.......i dont want to see any of the other lhw's from the show again....maybe vinniejust cause his jitz is so nice, but his record is now either 2-3 or 3-3, and he looked like crap to me at the finale.....

efrain claimed he wanted to fight huerta but they will give him a somewhate easy fight.
I'd rather see a junie rematch.

bls1919
12/16/08 7:32:32PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Hendo67

Bader vs Hammil?

That's a great matchup, IMO. Both have orthodox boxing styles that aren't exactly top notch, and both have fantastic wrestling.

I actually think Bader would outwrestle Hamill, and that's something we don't see too often at all.

you really think Bader could outwrestle Hamill? i dont think by a long shot. I see hamill taking that fight. Bader could get lucky and land a huge shot.
Jackelope
12/16/08 10:10:59PM

Posted by bls1919

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Hendo67

Bader vs Hammil?

you really think Bader could outwrestle Hamill? i dont think by a long shot. I see hamill taking that fight. Bader could get lucky and land a huge shot.

I think there is a good chance of it. The only advantage Hamill might have on Bader is a tiny bit of size. (thickness wise)

People will soon learn how good of a wrestler Ryan Bader is. I'll add a caveat, to that, though... I definitely acknowledge that there is a chance I could be wrong. Hamill is a good wrestler, but IMO he is the one that has to prove he's a better wrestler in this matchup.
inyaface69
12/17/08 10:30:11AM
Personally, I can't stand Efrain, but I do acknowledge him as a good lightweight with a lot of potential. I think a likely opponent for him would be somebody like Jim Miller. You may think it's a little over the edge for a first match-up but it will see where Efrain stands, as well as thoroughly test his wrestling, cardio, and heart.

Now for Bader I feel the same way. I don't think he should be given a no-name cupcake match. He should fight somebody like either Antonio Mendes, or James Irvin. Again, you may feel that they are a little tough for their first contract fight in the octogon but I feel that both opponents would put Bader's skill to the test.
upgrade
12/17/08 10:35:08PM
but what do you think of him fighting cantwell thats a pretty good starter fight that i think bader would probably win
ncordless
12/17/08 11:19:13PM

Posted by upgrade

but what do you think of him fighting cantwell thats a pretty good starter fight that i think bader would probably win

Ooooh... I like that fight! Allow me to be the first to prop ya.
Jackelope
12/18/08 8:29:54AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by upgrade

Ooooh... I like that fight! Allow me to be the first to prop ya.

I dunno, Cantwell has really impressed me in his last two bouts. I'm thinking he might be a bit too much for Bader right now. Who knows, though... it'd be interesting to see him matched up against a good wrestler. Usually the UFC doesn't want to hand their champs legitimate contenders like Cantwell, though
upgrade
12/19/08 5:10:45PM
that is a pretty good point. but i actually do think that bader would beat cantwell or just like i said in a earlier post what about the posibility of alex schoneuar* fight it would be a good fight. if not fight of the night oppertunitie.