Bad Recommendations

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Bad Recommendations
Kpro
7/27/11 3:44:31AM
All I wanted to do was look up the controversial call at the plate in the 19 inning Braves/Pirates game and based on that article, these are the articles it was assumed I'd also be interested in:

***Picture removed due to possible copyright***

I know we've all received bad recommendations in our lives; "Of course Battlefield Earth is worth watching once but read the book first", "Definitely Four Loko's is still worth drinking even though they took out all the caffeine", "You should check out this new band, Creed, their music is awesome, "Just bring over a Gamecube, a Dane Cook CD and some Natty Ice and we can just bro out" etc

Doesn't have to be anything big, maybe someone told you to check out a certain band, and they were horrible or a movie to watch that you hated. What are some of the worst recommendations you've ever heard?
ChrisSabal
7/27/11 4:41:50AM
I'm more interested in why you were searching midgets on trampolines in Google.
kopower
7/27/11 7:49:27AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I wouldn't have even noticed that until you pointed it out

Busted!!
SmileR
7/27/11 8:58:04AM
I ruined my friends accumulator bet the other month by telling him to add Bader to it. He would have won $400+ without him. He doesn't listn to me anymore on bets.
emfleek
7/27/11 9:00:57AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Wait...I'm being lead to believe that you think there's something wrong with it?

The question is...why *wouldn't* you Google it? I'm just disappointed that it wasn't a search for midgets+covered+in+mayonaisse+on+trampolines.
Kpro
7/27/11 9:41:59AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

Wait...I'm being lead to believe that you think there's something wrong with it?

The question is...why *wouldn't* you Google it? I'm just disappointed that it wasn't a search for midgets+covered+in+mayonaisse+on+trampolines.

Lol, during that search I ended up eventually coming across THIS and more . I couldn't stop laughing last night. I have no idea why I've never seen that YouTube channel before.
grappler0000
7/27/11 11:48:41AM
Back in the day, a buddy of mine recommended upgrading to DOS 6.0 for the awesome new compression feature called Dblspace.
cowcatcher
7/27/11 12:38:41PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

Lol, during that search I ended up eventually coming across THIS and more . I couldn't stop laughing last night. I have no idea why I've never seen that YouTube channel before.

That kid is somewhere near adulthood if I remember what I read correctly, like 17 or so. He's a bizarre looking little creature; whenever I see one of his videos I have to watch until the end like Cartman with "Come Sail Away".
cowcatcher
7/27/11 12:44:15PM
I love the blatantly bad recommendations that seem to happen all the time like "this smells like ****, smell it!" and "those nipple clamps really hurt, see!"

Poor_Franklin
7/27/11 7:49:29PM
worst recommendations i've ever gotten: get married, join facebook, eat spinach, let's take a shot of tequila.
pmoney
7/27/11 7:56:26PM
I've had some bad recommendations in my life, in all aspects of life. I had a friend recommend the movie "Without a Paddle" to me. He said Seth Green was hilarious in that movie...... As it turns out, no one was hilarious in that movie.

Also, I don't know if they can be considered recommendations, but I changed a few picks on the playground based on write ups on Bloody Elbow.... never again.