Bad Entrance Songs

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Bad Entrance Songs
u_f_c
4/9/07 11:09:09PM
what's up with some fighter's awful awful entrance songs! some make me want to put a bullet in my head, like matt hughes's wow. shut the hell up!
jdubs
4/9/07 11:14:08PM
i liked that guys intro in 69. gin and juice, i think the version by hayseed dixie.

the worst i can think of to date was diegos last intro
BadSanta
4/10/07 12:37:17AM
Imagine by John Lennon is a great song but was completely inappropriate as Jeff Monson's entrance song in his fight against Tim Sylvia.
Nacho
4/10/07 1:00:28AM
Melvin's "This is why I'm hot- I'm hot cause I'm fly, you're not cause your not. This is why, this is why this is why i'm hot."

Possibly the worst song ever. If you play that crap, at least win.
Pinkalicous
4/10/07 1:51:22AM
First of all Matt Hughes has one of the best. i mean come on it's probably one of the greatest songs of all time!

Second i have to agree that the "this is why im hot" (remix) is horrible.

While talking about enterance music, i thought it was funny how Melvin came out to the crappy this is why im hot remix on thursday's fight night. Then on Saturday Koscheck came out to the same song.
We_Todd_Did
4/10/07 5:14:11AM

Posted by Pinkalicous

First of all Matt Hughes has one of the best. i mean come on it's probably one of the greatest songs of all time!

Second i have to agree that the "this is why im hot" (remix) is horrible.

While talking about enterance music, i thought it was funny how Melvin came out to the crappy this is why im hot remix on thursday's fight night. Then on Saturday Koscheck came out to the same song.

Apparently, it's the new official theme song for arrogant, unlikeable jackasses.How fitting.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 6:46:37AM
Cro Cop used to come out to Duran Duran back in Pride

Hughe's entrance is cool though, "A Country boy can survive!"
warglory
4/10/07 9:49:26AM
Most hip hop bothers me. Not because I dislike all hip hop, but its so overused. You hear a hip hop song boot up and you immediately think "oh...a random fighter is making his way to the ring" We need to have some identifiable music for each fighter.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 10:04:14AM
Matt Serra's entrance music was awful, a shameless butchery of the Rocky Theme "Gonna fly now"
u_f_c
4/10/07 10:23:48AM
yes, this is why im hot was a bad song from Melvin, but hughes's is rediculous i think. like usually entrance songs are supposed to pump u up before a fight, not only the fighters but the fans. They should at least play some hardcore rock or something (nothing that'll scare the shit out of viewers). And yes, Diegos was bad aswell.
Brownsfan222
4/10/07 10:37:28AM
what did diego play?
Mastodon2
4/10/07 10:46:44AM
Diego had a full Mariachi band, 6 violins, 3 trumpets, 2 guitarists and a guy with a Mexican bass. More than a little pompous. They seemed to play for ever as well.
Zvonimir
4/11/07 8:01:20PM
For those who saw the Japanese broadcast of Pride 34, Kiss Nakao's entrance music was terrible. It was like some sort of jazz-piano-lounge-music.
pv3Hpv3p
4/13/07 3:29:54PM

Posted by BadSanta

Imagine by John Lennon is a great song but was completely inappropriate as Jeff Monson's entrance song in his fight against Tim Sylvia.

I thought the same thing for a long time, it just didn't make sense...

Then I got to thinking, and this is only a theory, but isn't Imagine actually about anarchy? Or at least communism? And Monson being an anarchist... Maybe it's a stretch, I dunno
pv3Hpv3p
4/13/07 3:32:33PM

Posted by jdubs

i liked that guys intro in 69. gin and juice, i think the version by hayseed dixie.

Ithat bluegrass version of Gin and Juice was actaully done by "The Gourds"... It's listed on the internet under a ton of different names... But meh...
cowcatcher
4/13/07 3:35:54PM

Posted by jdubs

i thought it was the soggy bottom boys from the movie o brother where art thou, imagine was ridiculous for monson to coe out to, that wouldnt make me want to fight at all. the worst entrance music not used yet would be either shes a maniac for tim sylvia, or fly lesbian seagull by englebert humperdink for any self respecting fighter
Ultimate_fighter
5/7/07 1:20:05PM
The worst song i think that any fighter every came out, is Jeff Monson, in UFC 65. Forget the song tho.
chentay2112
5/7/07 6:02:03PM
i think crocop walking out to wild boys by duran duran at ufc 70 was really embarrasing