Background Checks at Center of Multi-Million Dollar Pride Lawsuit

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Background Checks at Center of Multi-Million Dollar Pride Lawsuit
madmarck
2/8/08 1:48:57PM
The UFC's purchase of Pride Fighting Championships was met by great expectations when it was announced in March 2007. Executives, fans and fighters alike hailed the acquisition as the start of a new golden age for the sport, the beginning of an era of undisputed champions and global ascendance of mixed martial arts under the direction of Zuffa.

Link
TNunley
2/8/08 2:13:09PM
Well that would work out wonderful for Zuffa & friends if they won. They already have signed those who they will sign... then they don't have to pay any money, they get money back, and they only have to run 1 organization.

It's a monopolistic dream... Bill Gates, eat your heart out.
tuvok500
2/8/08 2:36:18PM

Posted by TNunley

Well that would work out wonderful for Zuffa & friends if they won. They already have signed those who they will sign... then they don't have to pay any money, they get money back, and they only have to run 1 organization.

Well, i don't think Bill Gates is feeling anykind of threat coming from Zuffa !!

RMFG_187
2/8/08 4:18:28PM
Zuffa is HUGE! UFC, WEC, Xyience(although it lost money) and there sponsers. like Harley Davidson. UFC was bought for (im pretty sure) 2 Million. and now look.
They give away around half that every night to there fighters. The F Brothers (i dont kno how to spell the last name Fertitta or summin) have good business minds.
TNunley
2/8/08 4:31:39PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by TNunley

Well, i don't think Bill Gates is feeling anykind of threat coming from Zuffa !!

It's an expression meaning they are better at being a monopoly than Bill Gates.
tuvok500
2/8/08 4:32:54PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by TNunley

It's an expression meaning they are better at being a monopoly than Bill Gates.

, i am sad for Bill now !! lol

cowcatcher
2/8/08 4:36:27PM
no one should be sad for bill gates, have you seen that nerds wife? nice pull bill!
TNunley
2/8/08 4:49:45PM

Posted by cowcatcher

no one should be sad for bill gates, have you seen that nerds wife? nice pull bill!

Bill Gates and Tiger Woods.... two guys who made it bigger than anyone else doing something not typically known for getting you hot womensssss.

When is the last time you heard a woman say:

"Oh my goodness... that is such a sexy golf stroke you have!"
or
"Your pocket protector really brings out your eyes!"