Babalu Signs With Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Babalu Signs With Strikeforce
komodo20
10/2/07 9:48:36AM
Do you think he can be better in strikeforce then he was in the ufc and do you also think he can get a shot at the title.
Rush
10/2/07 11:38:17AM

Posted by komodo20

Do you think he can be better in strikeforce then he was in the ufc and do you also think he can get a shot at the title.

I don't think he was ever bad (in the UFC or elsewhere).

He had two consecutive losses in the UFC, one by the former LHW champ and Jason Lambert who is by no means a can.

Sorbral dominated his last opponent and I expect him to dominate in strikeforce (for the most part).

It doesn't shock me that he was re-signed after being let go by the UFC. He is a talented fighter, despite the controversy in his last fight.
BigEvil
10/2/07 12:03:15PM
Yeah I think Sobral will thrive in Strikeforce... to my limited knowledge it doesn't seem that they have anyone who can hope to hang with him on the ground. Especially in their LHW division.
SpiderSilva
10/2/07 10:40:38PM
before he lost to lambert he was beating his a$$
loller90278
10/2/07 11:41:15PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

before he lost to lambert he was beating his a$$

i disagree, sobral looked like a can with no defense when he was fighting lambert..

i also think lambert is a can.
jae_1833
10/7/07 1:33:49PM
Babalu had his a$$ whooped on for 4 mins of the first round.....it was the come back that got him. That messes with your mind a bit. Question for you all, Tito Ortiz vs Renalto Sobral.....why hasn't this happened and who do you think would win?
mrsmiley
10/7/07 8:04:21PM

Posted by jae_1833

Babalu had his a$$ whooped on for 4 mins of the first round.....it was the come back that got him. That messes with your mind a bit. Question for you all, Tito Ortiz vs Renalto Sobral.....why hasn't this happened and who do you think would win?

I would say Tito would take it,but not by any means would his victory be impressive.

And to answer the question at hand,I think Babalu sighning with Strikeforce is a very smart move on his part and I believe he will do well.