babalu question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » babalu question
disorderlyvision
4/22/08 12:25:19PM
i asked this in another thread, but it was at the tail end of the thread and didnt get replied to.
the ufc said the door is open to babalu considering he string together some wins. my question is why does babalu need to string together some wins? he didn't go out on a loss, he killed heath, and to my knowledge hasnt lost since he got cut from the ufc. so, why not treat his abscence as a suspension for holding the choke to long and just go ahaead and resign him now. it has been awhile since the heath fight, has to be close to a year. i think that is a long enough suspension.
scoozna
4/22/08 12:48:43PM
I think it was partly due to the Heath choke, and partly due to his two prior losses to Lambert and Liddel. That doesn't sound like much of a reason to me, I've always felt it's better to be in the top 10 in the UFC then #1 somewhere else.
grappler0000
4/22/08 12:53:37PM
He's most likely already signed for a couple of fights in other orgs...maybe they just don't want to put the cart in front of the horse.
babalu2720
4/22/08 1:48:58PM
The only problem I see know, is he is already signed to many orginizations. He has contracts with Strikeforce, HCF in Canada, and supposedly the new Adrenalin MMA, but after that who knows. Unfortunately for Sobral, the UFC LHW has many contenders, so Dana isn't in dire need for him.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/22/08 3:52:17PM

Posted by grappler0000

He's most likely already signed for a couple of fights in other orgs...maybe they just don't want to put the cart in front of the horse.

my grandma says that a lot lol

but i think ur right

he should be back
Kpro
4/23/08 1:10:42AM
Because every fighter cut has to "earn" their way back in, regardless of the terms in which they were cut.
SSPink
4/23/08 3:02:22AM
Babalu was the first person who went through my mind when Liddell went down and Evans needed an opponent, I wonder if anyone over at the UFC had the same thought.