Babalu vs Gegard

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Babalu vs Gegard
jae_1833
8/3/09 11:47:44PM
I've noticed it's Gegard who is heavily favored to win this fight (28-72). I really don't understand. I know people are thinking that Babalu's chin is suspect but I beg to differ! He has only been TKOed by the following: Liddell and Lambert
I know they were all legit but it still baffles me that people think Gegard will do the same. I know it's not Babalu's grappling that is in question here. Babalu has gone toe to toe with the following and not been TKOed: Fedor and Shogun both of which are much more decorated strikers. Who has Gegard TKOed that makes people so certain? Souza? Cyborg? Where's the love for my favorite?
seanfu
8/4/09 1:28:14AM
Babalu will have nothing new to throw at Gregard, we know where Babalu will be technically and physically.

Gregard seems to have the talent to take it.
lohmann
8/4/09 3:45:22AM

Posted by seanfu

Babalu will have nothing new to throw at Gregard, we know where Babalu will be technically and physically.

Gregard seems to have the talent to take it.

Sobral may be the best mixed martial artist Mousasi has ever faced. He's experienced and crafty enough to know better than falling into triangles or getting upkicked. If there's any weakness for Babalu to exploit, he will not hesitate in doing so.

I still think Mousasi will win though. I don't think the weakness to be exploited will be there.
sclasclemski
8/4/09 6:37:41AM
It's going to be Gegard's american coming out party...should be a great fight
Khaos
8/4/09 8:26:44AM
Personally, I think Babalu is going to win, he has way to good to get subbed by him, and probably won't get Ko'ed, I suspect that the fight will go to at least the third, but that Babalu will submit Gegard.
emfleek
8/4/09 8:50:53AM
I read somewhere this morning that the UFC sent a cease and desist to Strikeforce in regards to this fight. Whether or not it's true remains to be sign. Apparently the UFC believes they own Mousasi's rights?

Hopefully something more surfaces today if this is, in fact, true.
1daveufc
8/4/09 12:32:57PM
Well i think that lambert got lucky anyways Babalu battered him in the first round he was so tired he ended up getting ko'd.I think Babalu will sub Gegard in 2nd rd.
Irish_Pride
8/4/09 2:02:51PM
This is going to be a very tough fight for Gegard. Babalu is one hell of a fighter and is probably the toughest opponent Gegard has faced. I don't think Gegard will knock him out but I think Gegard will fight smart, make sure he doesn't get caught in any submissions and pull out a decision victory.
hippysmacker
8/4/09 3:25:56PM
Its easy to make a case for either guy winning, but I am pulling for Mousasi.