Babalu

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Babalu
Next Page »
poll77
3/5/07 12:34:06AM
What is going to happen to Babalu? There may already be a thread for this but I have not seen one so if there is sorry. Anyways, I have always been a big fan but his future may not be looking so hot after his loss to Lambert.
Svartorm
3/5/07 12:38:36AM
Hopefully they give him another fight. I think he just needs to tighten up his stand-up a bit and not lose his shit in the fight. If he kept calm and didn't rush his game, he would have taken Lambert easily. All those uppercuts didn't help him too much either.
mrsumo
3/5/07 5:50:11AM
He should probably just go back to brazil and spend the rest of his days teaching and playing on the beach.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/5/07 6:29:48AM
this could of been an easy win for Sobral....he probably wanted to prove something after being KTFO by Liddell,and see what happened?

i dont know what the hell he was thinking of rushing in on Lambert with his hands down all the time...didnt he learn from the Liddell fight?...shit,didnt he learn from the 1st round of that same fight?!?!
MartyMorgy
3/5/07 7:29:22AM
Ughh... he looked so bad, like he hadn't trained a lot for the fight and had a bad plan. He is not a striker and is far from being a "good" one. I guess you have to feed him some big cans to try and build him up and become marketable again, marketable being a big issue in the UFC. He should be fed Rex Holman next, sounds about right. Maybe he should get Hamill because he could definitely outstrike him, lol..
waylon_o
3/5/07 9:52:47AM
He took some vicious uppercuts...absolutely nasty. I'm a Babalu fan, so I hope the UFC lets him stick around for a few more.
Conebone69
3/5/07 9:54:56AM
He looked gassed after the first round.
PITBULL2
3/5/07 11:27:40AM
Washed-up-has-been?
waylon_o
3/5/07 11:44:10AM

Posted by PITBULL2

Washed-up-has-been?

Oh come on, he's not a has-been. He's not that old. He earned a title shot last year. He's won 10 of his last 12. He's in a slump...he'll come out of it if they give him a chance. But after 2 ko's in a row, it's gonna be a rough road.
cowcatcher
3/5/07 12:00:05PM
he has 1 fight left on his contract, i really don't know who you throw in there with him next, tito is a possibility because he needs a opponent but with 2 straight KOs for babalu that may not make sense. maybe griffin if he loses to machida, could be bisping once he's done with sinosic, jardine and rashad seem unlikely to me because one of them is going to be in line for a title shot soon and the ufc might not want to risk a loss to a guy whose contract is going to be up. machida might end up being the guy win or lose against forrest just to showcase him before a possible title shot.
waylon_o
3/5/07 12:05:14PM
I'm gonna go with Machida or Forrest Griffin. Maybe Bonnar when he gets back...that would be a good one.
cowcatcher
3/5/07 12:06:42PM
bonnar crossed my mind but i don't know when he's getting back, damn the drugs
waylon_o
3/5/07 12:12:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

bonnar crossed my mind but i don't know when he's getting back, damn the drugs

He'll be back in May I believe...there was an article with him in this months Ultimate Grappling Magazine. I think I believe him...he said he bought them legally off the internet and that it did say that they would cause a positive drug screen. He put them on the shelf for a few months...he hurt his shoulder right before dana told him he had to fight Forrest. He didn't want the fight but Dana said he had to take it...they needed another big fight on the card because liddell would probably spank Babalu rather quickly. So he took the stuff because it was supposed to aid in recovery...thus we have a positive drug screen.
cowcatcher
3/5/07 12:17:28PM
nice, thanks for the info
BloodandTears
3/5/07 5:32:40PM
Babalu still has a good future if he can get out of this slump. He contained Lambert in the first, and just got caught! IMO he needs to slow down and do what he does best. He'll be back!
waylon_o
3/5/07 5:34:37PM
I definitely noticed that he still had the killer look in his eyes when he walked to the Octagon...he's a seriously scary dude.
teamquestnorth
3/5/07 5:45:47PM
i think tito and babulu would be a great fight. if they do fight hopefully they dont try to stand and strike or it would resemble the dan severn kimo fight from pride 1
waylon_o
3/5/07 5:47:08PM
I think Babalu will have to win a few more to fight someone in Tito's class...it most definitely shouldn't be his next fight not only because he's on a losing streak, but that wouldn't be fair to people like Rashad, Jardine, and Machida who deserve to be fighting the top 1 or 2 fighters in the division.
poll77
3/5/07 5:49:53PM

Posted by waylon_o

I think Babalu will have to win a few more to fight someone in Tito's class...it most definitely shouldn't be his next fight not only because he's on a losing streak, but that wouldn't be fair to people like Rashad, Jardine, and Machida who deserve to be fighting the top 1 or 2 fighters in the division.

Yeah I agree with that. I wouldn't mind him fighting as earlier mentioned either Bonnar or the loser of Griffin/Machida.
jdubs
3/5/07 5:52:20PM
babalu is done.. id like to see him fight joe riggs, i think that would make for an interesting fight
hippysmacker
3/5/07 6:13:31PM

Posted by jdubs

babalu is done.. id like to see him fight joe riggs, i think that would make for an interesting fight

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your being sarcatic and not trolling. Babalu just got caught IMO. He was hurt badly at the end of the first and got nailed again. Will he come back mentally from back-to-back KO losses? I hope so. I think his mental state is all that he needs to repair and he will be fine. Watching Wandy break Rampage mentallly, and then Cro-cop/Hendo take out Wandy are still questions that have to be answered. I haven't seen anthing from Rampage yet that has made me think he has recovered, but I hope he does. I think Wandy will, if he comes back with a tune-up fight or two. I think Babalu will regroup also and be fine. Still, we won't know for sure till it happens. I'm pulling for them all, and after watching Randy comeback AGAIN we all know it's possible
jdubs
3/5/07 6:15:40PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jdubs

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your being sarcatic and not trolling. Babalu just got caught IMO. He was hurt badly at the end of the first and got nailed again. Will he come back mentally from back-to-back KO losses? I hope so. I think his mental state is all that he needs to repair and he will be fine. Watching Wandy break Rampage mentallly, and then Cro-cop/Hendo take out Wandy are still questions that have to be answered. I haven't seen anthing from Rampage yet that has made me think he has recovered, but I hope he does. I think Wandy will, if he comes back with a tune-up fight or two. I think Babalu will regroup also and be fine. Still, we won't know for sure till it happens. I'm pulling for them all, and after watching Randy comeback AGAIN we all know it's possible

no bro im dead serious
poll77
3/5/07 6:24:47PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jdubs

no bro im dead serious

its pretty hard to say that he is done, yeah he lost two straight but before that i think he won like 9 or 10 in a row. saying he is done you might as well say that other guys like wandy are done too.
gimmper
3/5/07 7:57:51PM
Babalu will go back to his country in Brazil and take over his fathers shoe making business...His father can stich a sole like no man within 100 miles...Babalu has a bright future in the shoe business...and many good war stories to tell.
jdubs
3/5/07 8:54:15PM

Posted by poll77

Posted by jdubs

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jdubs

no bro im dead serious

its pretty hard to say that he is done, yeah he lost two straight but before that i think he won like 9 or 10 in a row. saying he is done you might as well say that other guys like wandy are done too.

wandy is done
waylon_o
3/5/07 10:49:06PM

Posted by gimmper

Babalu will go back to his country in Brazil and take over his fathers shoe making business...His father can stich a sole like no man within 100 miles...Babalu has a bright future in the shoe business...and many good war stories to tell.

Come on guys...this is ridiculous. He's won 10 of his last 12...1 of his last 2 losses was from the #1 LHW in the world. You have to be kidding me.
gimmper
3/5/07 10:57:26PM
Yes but he has a bright future fixing shoes also...they say his father is the best...That's some big shoes to fill...no pun intended
poll77
3/5/07 11:06:08PM

Posted by gimmper

Yes but he has a bright future fixing shoes also...they say his father is the best...That's some big shoes to fill...no pun intended

this is ridiculous
gimmper
3/5/07 11:12:24PM
Yeah...sometimes you have to look deeper into the facts Poll77...It takes great motivation to keep fighting when you have other ventures waiting for you...Trust me I know...
poll77
3/5/07 11:18:30PM

Posted by gimmper

Yeah...sometimes you have to look deeper into the facts Poll77...It takes great motivation to keep fighting when you have other ventures waiting for you...Trust me I know...

what do you mean deeper than the facts? Almost everyone loses at some point. Are you saying that every fighter that has a loss should go fix shoes?
Pages: [1] 2