3 awsome questions (please look)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » 3 awsome questions (please look)
Kracker_Jap
1/4/08 6:53:02PM
1st off MMA playground rocks I can't believe its taken me so long to find it but, how long has MMA Plaground been around???

2nd Why is the realted threads at the bottom of the page so dated?? They're all about betting and about a year old???

3rd Now that I am addicted what are some veterans words of advice??
DoTheMMAth
1/4/08 7:10:17PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

1st off MMA playground rocks I can't believe its taken me so long to find it but, how long has MMA Plaground been around???

2nd Why is the realted threads at the bottom of the page so dated?? They're all about betting and about a year old???

1 - Thanks for the compliments This site is 8 days away from it's 1 year birthday.

2 - The related threads uses an algorithm within MS-SQL server to try to find topic titles that match the closest. Yes, as with all things computers, it doesn't always work as well as expected ;-)

3 - Points game: research, research, research. Wagers game: research, luck, and not bankrupting yourself too early in the season (maybe only wager half your money at once or something).
Kracker_Jap
1/4/08 7:47:43PM
Awsome I'm glad to become a member early then.....

If any more vets or mods have advice, please keep it comming

And remember MMA PLAYGROUND > than any other mma website-.
JimiMak
1/4/08 10:11:00PM
Hey man, yeah you're still pretty early. I found this in someones sig on another site like a week after it got running and now this and JT's forum are the only places I go to post. Research is really the key, learn to know more than you know, no matter how much you already know. We've got a great bunch of knowledgable guys both on this site and especially on OUR forum. I've tried several other games and this is THE one. We're just starting our 3rd season, so money wise we're all in the same boat, you're not behind anyone. Cant' wait to see you on both forums.
tepid55
1/5/08 10:53:53PM
This site has the best fantasy pick'em game. The wager game is very hard.
DCRage
1/6/08 8:36:24AM
It's not so hard if you're willing to do some pre-fight research. And from my experience, it's not a lot of time, I mostly look over fighters' career records and past performances when making my picks, and sometimes I'll go big on an underdog and get very lucky, which based on my Secondary League wager performances seems to happen quite often there.
THE_DRiZzLE
1/15/08 6:36:40PM
Welcome to the playground man.. I felt the same way when I joined about 6 months ago I think.. why didn't I find this site earlier?!
as for advice.. I agree knowledge of the fighters is very key in picking fights.. research is always a good thing, but I must admit some things are hard for me to find.. such as what level of conditioning some of the fighters are @ going into the fight.. and in my opinion.. conditioning is everything.. so some times I have no idea which way to lean.. not to mention I tend to pick fighters I like even though I pretty much know they will loose.. I'm trying to be less loyal in these regards but for some reason have a hard time of it.. for example.. Joe "Daddy" Stevonson vs. BJ Penn.. I really like Joe and don't care for BJ .. I wanna see BJ lose and I think Joe can beat him.. but this is one of those fights that in the back of my head I know BJ probably wont lose this fight.. even though I will still go with Joe.. Idk if i'm the only one who has this problem or not.. but do your research and try not to go with who you like, but who you think will win..
CornishMMA
1/16/08 7:58:59AM

Posted by JimiMak

Hey man, yeah you're still pretty early. I found this in someones sig on another site like a week after it got running and now this and JT's forum are the only places I go to post. Research is really the key, learn to know more than you know, no matter how much you already know. We've got a great bunch of knowledgable guys both on this site and especially on OUR forum. I've tried several other games and this is THE one. We're just starting our 3rd season, so money wise we're all in the same boat, you're not behind anyone. Cant' wait to see you on both forums.

Hey Jimi dont give THE DESERTER any advice! or the only advice we should give you is not to ditch a winning team like the JTWW to make your own crappy little camp

But this site kicks ass, the 1st event we had to pick on was UFC 67 which i sadly just missed (would of gone 9-1 as well!)
madmarck
1/16/08 9:21:05AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Watch a Crapload of MMA.
Secondary League events are generally easier to pic and scores tend to be higher. So check that out. It has prizes for top earners and points to.
mkiv9secsupra
1/16/08 10:35:52AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

in regards to posting in the forums....

STEP 1: Go to Sherdog and read their threads......
STEP 2: Dont post like them.

ha, we like to keep it clean and respectable here.

Join a good fight camp. A collective and unbiased oppinion on a fight works much better than trying to figure it out yourself
CornishMMA
1/16/08 12:07:11PM
He was part of a good camp but he chose to leave us like some suspiciously stained tissues! The fool! The JTWW is well rid i reckon

But as far as making picks you can anaylise the fighters styles and last fights as much as you like, and i do, but alot of it will come down to pure luck in the end, especially when you pick the right fighter to win a decision but the other fighter gets it in a bullsheet decision like i had with Hamill and Guida
DCRage
1/16/08 1:50:29PM

Posted by tepid55

This site has the best fantasy pick'em game. The wager game is very hard.

It's not too hard if you do research and get lucky. Just check out the underdogs' records (Sherdog's Fight Finder is your best friend!), find one that seems to have a chance, and go for it. They don't win that often but when they do, they pay off big. I've been lucky enough to hit a few already, mostly in Secondary.
Kracker_Jap
1/23/08 10:27:42AM

Posted by CornishMMA

He was part of a good camp but he chose to leave us like some suspiciously stained tissues! The fool! The JTWW is well rid i reckon

But as far as making picks you can anaylise the fighters styles and last fights as much as you like, and i do, but alot of it will come down to pure luck in the end, especially when you pick the right fighter to win a decision but the other fighter gets it in a bullsheet decision like i had with Hamill and Guida

hey don't be so butt hurt..... my decision to leave was started in the JTWW, your private forum was exciting to me, I talked about it with my local friends and to make the decision fast because of the new season starting......

Thank you for all the advice guys in this thread, you never know what secrets might be out there till you ask

JTWW I love your music but I prefer to dance to a different drum

War 360 Mafia