Awkward Public Situations

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Awkward Public Situations
Next Page »
gartface
12/2/08 12:07:16AM
I was thinking about this today. There are a few things that either make me feel awkward in public or that confuse me.

Here are two off the top of my head.

1. PDA - I get grossed out and feel awkward when someone next to me is hugging all up on their significant other. A lot of the time it seems as if they're dry humping in public.

2. This one was the main one I was thinking of today. I was going to my work and someone was ahead of me. They opened the first door for me, and I said thank you as I always do. Then we go to another door. What do I do? Do I say thanks again, despite already saying it 20 seconds earlier, or do I ignore it at the cost of making someone feel bad. It's a very awkward situation for me.

List some stuff that you find to make you feel awkward/uncomfortable in public.
jiujitsufreak74
12/2/08 12:11:22AM
the good old fashion walking in the hallway straight at someone and you both move to the same direction. then you wind up looking like two mimes doing a street performance. to avoid this i just walk through people. if you're in my way, i'll move you out

mentalcase
12/2/08 12:27:07AM
i was foreman on a large building site and i needed some shit work fixed up so a called a few carpenters from 1 side of the job site to the other side, so they could fix up some shit work some other guys had done.

i said to them look at what these f**ken idiots have done could u guys fix this up for me. on hourly rate

they said: yeah we did that

i just stood there for a second not knowing what to do

then one of them started laughing and just said no worries we'll fix it up

i just walked away smiling

-that was a little awkward
SeanSalmonisGod
12/2/08 12:36:42AM

Posted by gartface

2. This one was the main one I was thinking of today. I was going to my work and someone was ahead of me. They opened the first door for me, and I said thank you as I always do. Then we go to another door. What do I do? Do I say thanks again, despite already saying it 20 seconds earlier, or do I ignore it at the cost of making someone feel bad. It's a very awkward situation for me.

List some stuff that you find to make you feel awkward/uncomfortable in public.

cmill21
12/2/08 12:47:40AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

the good old fashion walking in the hallway straight at someone and you both move to the same direction. then you wind up looking like two mimes doing a street performance. to avoid this i just walk through people. if you're in my way, i'll move you out

Lol in high school we would do the madden spin move to avoid this awkward situation...a buddy of mine created a new one when he spun directly into the hot new teacher, said he grabbed a boob but I don't believe him.
Jimbo
12/2/08 1:13:39AM
didn't happen to me but one of my friends said some kind of momma joke to another kid in our class, and he replied with "my mum's dead"

AWKWARD !!
Shawn91111
12/2/08 1:27:39AM
When someone smacks me in the head with a Giant Black Dildo, I feel a bit uncomfy.

Or when Im back in my hometown and someone from the high school days sees you and they say the normal " Hey whats up man?" "How you been, what are you up to?". Then after those first few questions it becomes uncomfortable and awkward.
cowcatcher
12/2/08 1:28:06AM
three words: boner in class

i witnessed this in high school speech class and i think all parties involved felt awkward.
jiujitsufreak74
12/2/08 1:37:29AM

Posted by cowcatcher

three words: boner in class

i witnessed this in high school speech class and i think all parties involved felt awkward.

that's why i tuck it under the underwear strap

Posted by Shawn91111

When someone smacks me in the head with a Giant Black Dildo, I feel a bit uncomfy.

Or when Im back in my hometown and someone from the high school days sees you and they say the normal " Hey whats up man?" "How you been, what are you up to?". Then after those first few questions it becomes uncomfortable and awkward.

i could imagine
Svartorm
12/2/08 3:03:38AM
I hate when you're in line somewhere and people stand half an inch away from you, like you're in an elevator or something, even though theres plenty of room all around.

I also hate it when people say "Bless you" when you sneeze. Mostly because I tend to sneeze three or four times in a row and everyone in the room says "Bless you" every single time, it gets really old. Modern science has shown that the hand of God does not intervene every time I sneeze to save my life, so kindly let me sneeze in peace.

As for the door things, I don't say thank you for that, and don't expect a thank you in return, as its common sense to hold the door open. If someone DIDNT do that when they knew full well you were a couple feet behind them, I'd call them a dick.
Shawn91111
12/2/08 5:07:50AM

Posted by Svartorm

As for the door things, I don't say thank you for that, and don't expect a thank you in return, as its common sense to hold the door open. If someone DIDNT do that when they knew full well you were a couple feet behind them, I'd call them a dick.

If you have a handful of boxes or whatever and are say 5ft away and I hold open the door for you and I dont get a Thanks or Thank You, rest a sure I'd call you a dick. I'd say its almost on par with getting the thank you wave when you let someone pull out infront of you with their car.
Svartorm
12/2/08 6:39:16AM
Obviously there are exceptions, like that, or if someone holds the door from the outside for you, but the standard holding the door back while you go through set-up doesn't require a thank you in my book.

I don't use the driving thank you almost ever because I hate when people stop to let other people through and break the flow of traffic. Thats how people cause accidents. If someone is already at a stop and lets me out in front of them, I'd give them a thank you, but if someone actually stops everyone else to do it, I usually yell at them.
ncordless
12/2/08 7:21:34AM
True Story: I was giving a speech at a conference. I felt pretty good about the whole thing and had even taken questions from the audience after my prepared bit was done. I was feeling good about it as I walked out the back door into the street to have a cig (I smoked at the time). All of a sudden I felt a rush of cold air on my wang. I look down to see that not only is my zipper down, but my flap on my boxers was wide open as well.

I asked a couple of people who were there later if they had seen anything... they said they hadn't noticed but I don't believe them.
dannyfrank
12/2/08 8:09:05AM
the most awkward thing for me is when it looks like someone is waving to me so i wave back, but then realize they are waving at the person behind me that one always makes me feel like a tool
cowcatcher
12/2/08 8:13:07AM

Posted by dannyfrank

the most awkward thing for me is when it looks like someone is waving to me so i wave back, but then realize they are waving at the person behind me that one always makes me feel like a tool

dude, i am with you on that one
Aaronno9
12/2/08 8:58:15AM
One time in college i had to do a presentation, and at one point i noticed pretty much the whole class laughing, I had no idea what was going on. Then i noticed this one kid starring right at my crotch so i knew straight away my fly was low. I decided to just have a laugh with it though, stopped the presentation and asked everybody what they thought of my boxers without them even knowing i knew it was down. Then i made some jokes about the kid starring being gay, and just got on with the rest of the presentation without fastening up. Ended up being pretty fun.

Its weird, i think back to that, and i could do a presentation by myself, fly down, in front of 50 people, and stroll through it. Now in university I get up to do a presentation with a who group infront of 30 or so people and i choke every time. I get dry mouth, and even i can hardly understand what im saying my voice is so trembly. Its annoying.
Bowen50
12/2/08 12:05:43PM
it's always awkward when you're the only person in a public bathroom taking a leak and some guy walks in and decides to use the urinal right next to you when there are about 6 other ones he could use.
SeanSalmonisGod
12/2/08 2:17:08PM
It's not really a public situation, but back in like middle school i would fall asleep with the TV on usually watching South Park, and every once in a while I would forget to set the sleep timer, so when my mom would come in to wake me the Girls Gone Wild infomercial would be on. idk it just felt kinda akward
gartface
12/2/08 2:44:20PM

Posted by SeanSalmonisGod

It's not really a public situation, but back in like middle school i would fall asleep with the TV on usually watching South Park, and every once in a while I would forget to set the sleep timer, so when my mom would come in to wake me the Girls Gone Wild infomercial would be on. idk it just felt kinda akward

On that note, I was watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall with my mom. I hadn't heard about the movie since it came out in theaters, and for some reason I thought it was rated PG-13...and for those of you who haven't seen that movie...Jason Segel shows his shlong in the first 5 minutes of the movie.
iwannabesedated
12/2/08 2:44:24PM
Pissing at the Urinal Trough...Nothing worse than having to piss at a concert or sporting event and having to pee bumping elbows with the dude next to you..I dunno but at the county fairgrounds here they actually have a circle trough..that has to be the worst invention ever.

It also sucks when you bang a chick and then not talk to her afterwards and then you see her out in public like at the bar or something.Thats alittle awkward.

One day at work an older lady was walking by and she had a trail or Toliet Paper hanging out the back of her pants..I guess she must've had a serious case of the mud butt and it got stuck in her anus and this dude i work with ran over to her and was like..hey you got some shit paper creeping out the back of your pants.Luckily a lot of ppl didnt see her...so now everytime i get done droppin a deuce at work i always make sure i aint got tp or those paper seat covers caught in my pants.
emfleek
12/2/08 2:47:44PM
Sweat pants + boner...though it's a great way to claim your personal space, it can be quite embarassing.

Hot chicks + farting...it's happened to me quite a bit. I'll let one fly and a hot chick will come around the corner and walk through my cloud of toxins.

"Hey...I'm moving tomorrow. Do you think I could get you to help me?" - the question that NO ONE wants to hear. How many times have you tried as fast as possible to think of an excuse for not being able to do it? I know I've done so both successfully AND unsuccessfully in the past.
emfleek
12/2/08 2:49:10PM

Posted by gartface

On that note, I was watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall with my mom. I hadn't heard about the movie since it came out in theaters, and for some reason I thought it was rated PG-13...and for those of you who haven't seen that movie...Jason Segel shows his shlong in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

cmb19932
12/2/08 2:57:04PM
when u say a chick(katy perry)is wicked hot then everyone else says not at all idk kinda makes me feel like
SpiderSilva
12/2/08 5:51:09PM
I was in high school and it was me and 3 othe people in a truck well my firend was driving, another friend in the middle me by the window and the drivers girlfriend sitting on my lap.......... well I couldn't help in but when my other brain has a hot chick riding on him hes gonna want to come out and see what going on. boner right in here ass couldn't do anything but wait it out

turned out I would do the chick in between them being broke up for a few months
jiujitsufreak74
12/2/08 6:13:21PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by SeanSalmonisGod

that's nothing man, i watched Superbad, Knocked Up, Stepbrothers and the 40 year old virgin with my mom. hell, the only reason i was able to get into Superbad was because she was with me

cmb19932
12/2/08 8:16:07PM
same thing and it sucks 2 go with ur mom maybe a dad but a mom no way damn devorces
Wolfenstein
12/2/08 8:33:13PM
Crowded rooms. It sucks when you can't stare in any one direction without it seeming like you're staring at someone. No I'm not looking at you jerk-off, I'm just tired of swiveling my head.

When your phone goes off in front of your mom and the ringtone is "Oh me so horney" by 2 Live Crew...which wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't locked the keypad...and weren't having a brainfart on how to open it. Just smile...smile! Yeah I changed that ringtone.

Elevator rides. They have those damned mirrors everywhere so if I look straight ahead I'm looking at you, turn around I'm looking at you. If we start a conversation canI leave once it's my floor or do I have to say "see ya later" and finish the conversation?
dannyfrank
12/2/08 9:32:41PM
when you poop your pants and vomit while taking the SAT. now thats awkward

that didnt actually happen to me, just somebody that my teacher told me about. how sad
cowcatcher
12/3/08 8:22:15AM

Posted by dannyfrank

that didnt actually happen to me, just somebody that my teacher told me about. how sad

in my defense i just ate a huge burrito, and when i looked at the dots i filled in it had made a picture of rosie odonnell naked.
warglory
12/3/08 6:09:35PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by dannyfrank

in my defense i just ate a huge burrito, and when i looked at the dots i filled in it had made a picture of rosie odonnell naked.

Wow, then you have quite the imagination!
Pages: [1] 2