Average number of bouts for UFC events

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Average number of bouts for UFC events
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/6/08 6:35:54PM
It was 9 for the longest time. 5 main, 4 under. Then lately its been fluctuating between 10 and 12.

So far the next UFC event has 11, and the next two after that also seem to have 11.

Is 11 the new number...
juanez13
4/6/08 6:44:42PM
seems like it, 11 has been the standard for the last few events, with the odd 12 in there, with the expansion of MMA more and more promising fighters are coming out, and the UFC is signing people like crazy, so more fightera, gotta put them somewehere, thats the reason there has been more fights lately.
seanfu
4/6/08 7:18:04PM
I like that but I think if they need fighters to go somewhere they should set up more live cards, or, of they don't want to oversaturate the market (lol yeah, not the UFC!) theyshould put more of the lower fighters in the WEC and build that into a bigger organization. I do like the WEC but why not just turn it into UFC- the less talented edition. It would be a better business decision I think.

It would have more drawing power. All I know is that I'm pissed I'm missing 7 undercards instead of 4.

rice118
4/6/08 11:33:18PM

Posted by seanfu

I like that but I think if they need fighters to go somewhere they should set up more live cards, or, of they don't want to oversaturate the market (lol yeah, not the UFC!) theyshould put more of the lower fighters in the WEC and build that into a bigger organization. I do like the WEC but why not just turn it into UFC- the less talented edition. It would be a better business decision I think.

It would have more drawing power. All I know is that I'm pissed I'm missing 7 undercards instead of 4.

like baseball MLB = UFC and AAA = WEC good point
prozacnation1978
4/7/08 7:07:42PM
i say 10 to 11 might be to long to sit at but with say 11 it would be nice to have 6 main cards now instead of 5. they need to have the 11 with all the fighters they have under contract i just don't understand how still some of the main cards suck with so many options to choose from
casey64
4/8/08 10:07:29AM
The more the better IMO