Your Avatar - What/Why?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your Avatar - What/Why?
Next Page »
Kpro
10/28/11 6:54:27AM
This hasn't been done for a few years if I remember right, so let's go for another go round.

I've been rolling with Larry Merchant since I joined the site about 5 years ago. He's been an HBO boxing analyst for the last 33 years. I'm extremely fond of his long rambling and generally incoherent sentences that leave you not knowing if what he said was profound or Parkinson's.

What is your avatar? Why did you choose your avatar?

And if you rotate avatar's all the time; Why did you choose your username?

My username has no exciting story. My name starts with a K, I wanted a short username, and pro was the first short word that came to mind. EDIT: I just googled and KPRO is an AM Christian radio station in Riverside, California.
BeeR
10/28/11 7:20:16AM
megadeth has been kicking all kinds of ass for a long time.
One of the top artists on my playlists,
Great albums, killer live shows and they give the fans what they want.

Name, well, Im really not a big drinker there was an empty can of Guiness on the table when I registered, so it was the first thing that came to mind. I should have picked psycotron, or head crusher or something.
prophecy033
10/28/11 7:40:56AM
AV- I've always had a intrigue about the way that James Dean died. The mystery of it. Plus I think the world, at that time, lost one of the greatest actors of it time way too early. Damn "lil Bastard"

USERNAME- prophecy came from the first nba street video game. I wanted to think of a good street baller nickname and prophecy was the best. The 033 is because 3 has been my basketball number since junior stars back in 1992. Plus I needed a longer username for xbox live so prophecy033 stuck
postman
10/28/11 7:42:34AM
AV Well I got sick of everyone speculating on the sive differance of GSP and Anderson.

Name I work in the mailing indusrty and I am posting on a fourm seemed like a good fit.
kopower
10/28/11 7:58:31AM
I signed up right before an event I believe. I wanted to get my picks in, so I just thought of something mma related. I'm not too creative when it comes to picking screen names.

As far as av's go, I like using comical, or ones that have some nostalgia; hence the sonic mortal kombat one, and DBZ before that.
emfleek
10/28/11 8:08:49AM
Av = prior to the launch of the MMAPlayground Interview Series, I rotated avs all the time. My avatars now are pictures of the guys being spotlighted in each interview we do.

Name = I love the band EMF and I'm a huge fan of leeks.
Kpro
10/28/11 8:11:12AM

Posted by postman

Name I work in the mailing indusrty and I am posting on a fourm seemed like a good fit.

Every time I see your screen name, I get the song "Some Postman" by The Presidents of the United States of America stuck in my head, haha
gartface
10/28/11 8:32:29AM

Posted by emfleek

Av = prior to the launch of the MMAPlayground Interview Series, I rotated avs all the time. My avatars now are pictures of the guys being spotlighted in each interview we do.

This.

My username has been my AIM username/Email name since about 1998 when we got the internet at my house. When my brothers were young, they used to use the word dart in place of dick to get around our parents. I always said gart, and I didn't know this until recently that the reason I would say gart is that I couldn't pronounce dart, I guess. It's probably the longest running inside joke in my family.

Anyway, I thought it was a funny screen name on AIM back in the day, and it's stuck.
Shawn91111
10/28/11 8:35:12AM
Die hard Yankee fan so wanted a Yankee one and thought the skull looked different

My user name is something I had way back in 1997 when Webcrawler was around and excite chat gave me the 91111 on the end of my first name.
scoozna
10/28/11 9:02:08AM
I change my av a lot, but I have a thing for Judo pictures. Currently, I have a picture from a quirky movie from the mid-80's called The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzaii - Across The Eighth Dimension. It's not as funny to me now as it was back then, but still pretty funny.

"scoozna" is a nickname my oldest daughter had for her favorite stuffed animal when she was 2 or 3. I wanted something I would remember, was short, and was unique - cause I hate picking usernames.
Budgellism
10/28/11 9:21:45AM
For my AV, it's Eddie Alvarez doing a backflip off the cage after his win over Greg Loughran (Bellator Debut). I have this because Alvarez is my favourite fighter and I like the picture.

As for my username, it's pretty obvious if you know me outside of the playground. My last name turned into an ism. I've used this as a screen name for all kinds of websites and have since I was 13.
grappler0000
10/28/11 10:29:40AM
AV - my first avatar on the site was the Thundercats logo, since well, Im a child of the 80's. I rotate though. My current one is in honor of Halloween and the movie Trick 'r Treat.

UN - I've actually used the the username 'grappler' for nearly 20 years now...longer than some member have been alive, no doubt. I was actually using it pre-internet. For anyone old enough and geeky enough to remember, I used to use BBS's before the internet became readily available to everyone in the early 90's. I was a high school wrestler when I came up with it, which obviously explains where it came from.
Theoutlaw08
10/28/11 10:56:06AM
I have a no Avatar all the time cause I cant win a damn Avatar bet....but Im cool with it. My Avatar at first was Hardy, cause hes my favorite fighter, then it was a picture of my Australian Cattle Dog Roscoe.

My name is the outlaw, because i love dan hardys nickname. the 08 is because the number 8 has been my number in any sport i have ever played since i was in 6th grade
Khaos
10/28/11 11:01:41AM
Av: (was Ricco rodriguez for a long time, as he is a fav of mine) currently my av is generic_white_male from an episode of MSNBC's To Catch a predator.

Name: Name comes from a type of Monster energy drink that I liked when I was 15 and made the account, not really a fan of my own user name nowadays haha
Budgellism
10/28/11 11:18:15AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

the 08 is because the number 8 has been my number in any sport i have ever played since i was in 6th grade

I played baseball for 8 years and soccer for 3. 8 was also my number
emfleek
10/28/11 11:25:25AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Theoutlaw08

the 08 is because the number 8 has been my number in any sport i have ever played since i was in 6th grade

I played baseball for 8 years and soccer for 3. 8 was also my number

#14 and #42 FTW!!!

Aether
10/28/11 11:41:38AM
My avatar changes now and then, right now it is a picture of Bilbo Baggins enjoying a bowl\ of the shire's finest pipe weed.

My name I've been using for well over a decade as my video game handle. The word has many definitions, but the basic idea is that Aether is the substance that the universe / heaven is made of.
Poor_Franklin
10/28/11 11:45:01AM
I've been a fan of Rich Franklin since I started watching MMA in 2005.

ScreenName- I was drunk when Anderson KO'd him the 1st time & when my friends asked me how i was after seeing him get KO'd, all I could say was "Poor Franklin...." When the second Anderson fight came about, I didn't remember what I said the first time around, but my friend did, so after he got TKO'd by Silva, my buddy just looked at me & said "Poor Franklin...." This has also been uttered after his fights w/ Hendo, Belfort & Griffin & every time he gets injured.

AV- Rich has plenty of pics of him injured to keep the AV swapping interesting, but I'm a huge fan of the pink pillow & eye patch.
FastKnockout
10/28/11 12:17:13PM
Avatar: Michael Myers. It's October and "Halloween" has always been one of my favorite horror movies. Just watched the documentary on the making of the movie and it's crazy to think Halloween was made in two weeks with low movie budget.

Username: I've always enjoyed quick knockouts. Dynamic, dominate, and entertaining. To be honest, I don't like it. When I first found The Playground I just wanted to try the site out and didn't think I'd end up staying here, so I didn't put a lot of thought into the nickname. Wish I could change it.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/28/11 12:31:09PM
I'm a GSP fan. (it's been exactly 3 years since my last post)
Twenty20Dollars
10/28/11 12:51:20PM
Avatar changes, but I have a pumpkin b/c it's halloween month and it looked funny and not racist at all.

Username is basically my name Twenty Dollar = Tony Dollar
emfleek
10/28/11 1:00:43PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Welcome back, man. Hopefully we see your name in the forums on a regular basis!
kopower
10/28/11 1:05:53PM

Welcome back; and premium to boot!
grappler0000
10/28/11 1:26:32PM

Welcome back!
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/28/11 1:49:12PM

Posted by kopower

Welcome back; and premium to boot!

Tbh, I was premium. Just don't think they've fixed it. If I can find the time to stay active on the site, I'll renew
Chael_Sonnen
10/28/11 1:59:41PM
As I was registering, I wanted my username to represent the greatest MW of my generation, so I paid homage to Chael_Sonnen.

Avatar = changes rapidly due to my constant OCD/ADD
BlueSkiesBurn
10/28/11 3:10:04PM
My AV's are usually various pictures of me or some funny or nostalgic .gif I've found (Mega Man & Voltron).

My current AV is me tailgating in Pasadena before heading into the Rose Bowl for the USC-Illinois BCS game in 2008.

As for my screen name, there was a band around for only a minute called BlueSkiesBurning. I normally hated bands with names like that, but I actually happened to like this band. I've generally rotated between some variation of their name and the Nightwish song "She Is My Sin." I changed the Nightwish song to ASinForHer and I use that for most other things, but I felt like people always screw that one up and interpret it as something else so, when it came time to pick my name for the PG, I opted to use the BlueSkiesBurn name instead.
prophecy033
10/28/11 3:22:36PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

My AV's are usually various pictures of me or some funny or nostalgic .gif I've found (Mega Man & Voltron).

My current AV is me tailgating in Pasadena before heading into the Rose Bowl for the USC-Illinois BCS game in 2008.

As for my screen name, there was a band around for only a minute called BlueSkiesBurning. I normally hated bands with names like that, but I actually happened to like this band. I've generally rotated between some variation of their name and the Nightwish song "She Is My Sin." I changed the Nightwish song to ASinForHer and I use that for most other things, but I felt like people always screw that one up and interpret it as something else so, when it came time to pick my name for the PG, I opted to use the BlueSkiesBurn name instead.

Hey BsBx was that Sanchez's last game as a Trojan or was Barkley already behind center?
BlueSkiesBurn
10/28/11 3:25:40PM

Posted by prophecy033

Hey BsBx was that Sanchez's last game as a Trojan or was Barkley already behind center?

Sanchez hadn't even assumed control yet. He'd played that season after John David Booty broke his finger in the Stanford game, but that was Booty's last game. Sanchez took over the following season and USC went back to the Rose Bowl against Penn St. That was Sanchez's last game.
shaneTpain
10/28/11 3:31:24PM
I usually have a favorite fighter from the upcoming event as my AV, most recently GSP, but after he got injured I thought Id spice things up with something halloween related. I googled "UFC Halloween" & BLAM!!! a pic of Kimbo dressed as a soup can.

My username is my first name & my last initial "Shane T" . I was gonna leave it at that but it seemed bland so I wanted to throw in something badass & MMA related sooo being creative as hell I typed "Pain" & hit ENTER. Not long afterwards I realized it looks as if I'm a big fan of auto-tune rapper T-Pain (which I am not at all) & now I hate it / wish i could change it.
Pages: [1] 2