With Australian debut looming, UFC signs countrymen James Te Huna

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With Australian debut looming, UFC signs countrymen James Te Huna
emfleek
10/20/09 8:29:16AM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its Australian debut in February 2010, and in anticipation of the event, the promotion has added a countrymen to the roster.

Australian MMA veteran James Te Huna has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC.

LINK
EvenFlow
10/20/09 9:36:19AM
Dont know anything about Te Huna except he was on the card for Soa Palelei's comeback fight in Australia. Even though Soa didnt look good against Sanchez I think they'll give him another chance on the undercard at least.
higdon10
10/20/09 11:49:55AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Dont know anything about Te Huna except he was on the card for Soa Palelei's comeback fight in Australia. Even though Soa didnt look good against Sanchez I think they'll give him another chance on the undercard at least.

I expect to see Palelei on the card as well.
prozacnation1978
10/20/09 7:32:37PM
as long as they don't bring back elvis
Jimbo
10/20/09 9:12:59PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

as long as they don't bring back elvis

I hope they do, sure he is 8-11, but hes had one of toughest runs in UFC history.

Horn (which he won via triangle armbar, which is impressive against Horn) Ortiz, Tanner, Babalu, Griffin, Sakara, Bisping.

Plus hes a really nice guy and always puts on a decent fight.

Also he is rumored to be fighting Rampage.

mentalcase
10/20/09 9:59:01PM

Posted by Jimbo

i really doubt that, i think that was just a joke

Jimbo
10/21/09 7:14:30AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Jimbo

i really doubt that, i think that was just a joke

like i said, rumor, not fact

LINK

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Jimbo
10/21/09 7:22:12AM
double
MiniMan
10/21/09 8:52:15AM
I am hoping to see Elvis, He has bad head movement which hurts him, BUT he is a great fighter and also nearly submitted bisping after a thrashing! I am looking forward to this show real bad!!!
cowcatcher
10/21/09 9:04:49AM
elvis is the godfather of aussie mma and i think it would be nice if he were on this card, but they would have to find the right matchup, i mean its not like they can hand him a contender and feel good about that, maybe a TUF guy from this season that drops to 205.