ATTN: Writers/Bloggers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » ATTN: Writers/Bloggers
emfleek
10/15/10 2:58:02PM
We're currently on the hunt for talented writers to help out (on a volunteer basis) with contributing to the Playground's blog (yes, we have one!) on the main page of the site.

If interested, and if you can contribute on a semi-regular basis, send me a PM with a sample of your work.

For an example of what we're looking for, click on the blog link on the main page to read past blogs. If you have questions, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

- Fleek
BlueSkiesBurn
10/15/10 6:33:09PM
I'm a talented writer, but I don't know what you'd want me to send you as far as what you're looking for. My own blog is a profanity-laced tirade about oddities in life and that's not what we shoot for here on this site, but I can write articles without profanity.

I mean, I'm a graduate student, all I do is write. haha. Let me know what sort of sample you want and I'll shoot you one.
emfleek
10/15/10 6:42:24PM
Obviously we'd want the blog to be related to the sport. I've personally seen enough of your writing to know that you'd be a great contributer. No sample work is necessary. If you want to write something and submit it, just send it to me whenever you're done and we'll get it posted.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/15/10 6:56:16PM

Posted by emfleek

Obviously we'd want the blog to be related to the sport. I've personally seen enough of your writing to know that you'd be a great contributer. No sample work is necessary. If you want to write something and submit it, just send it to me whenever you're done and we'll get it posted.

Oh, for sure, I read our blog, so I knew it needs to be about the sport, I was just asking what you wanted me to submit as a writing sample; research paper, my own blog, reviews I've done for Warglory's website, etc..but you've answered that question already, so
gartface
10/15/10 8:07:37PM
Way to go Fleek!
emfleek
10/22/10 10:47:32AM
Still waiting on submissions! If anyone is interested in contributing an article/blog, contact me directly!
emfleek
11/30/10 3:31:49PM
If anyone else would like to contribute, let us know!
hate4thestate
12/1/10 4:55:24AM
Im down. I have a blog but I gave up on it awhile ago. besides it is filled with fighterbashing and profanity most people would call sickening. but I can easily write at least at college level (i think im better). Ive passed 2 english classes with a's in college so idk. check it tho.

Tokoro's Abortion
emfleek
12/1/10 8:55:59AM

Posted by hate4thestate

Im down. I have a blog but I gave up on it awhile ago. besides it is filled with fighterbashing and profanity most people would call sickening. but I can easily write at least at college level (i think im better). Ive passed 2 english classes with a's in college so idk. check it tho.

Tokoro's Abortion

Obviously you'd have to clean up the language and exclude the fighter bashing, but feel free to submit something.
hate4thestate
12/1/10 5:07:25PM
Alright. Ill take a look at the blog and see the direction I need to head. I have some college papers I have written if you would like to read those.
jjeans
5/6/11 11:01:38AM
Not sure if this is dead or what... But I write small blogs for my friends and things on MMA fights, hype, picks, news etc? Could I join in someway?
emfleek
5/6/11 11:27:53AM

Posted by jjeans

Not sure if this is dead or what... But I write small blogs for my friends and things on MMA fights, hype, picks, news etc? Could I join in someway?

No, it's not dead at all. You're more than welcome to submit something for review. If it passes the "test" it'll be posted on the main page of the site.

We're always looking for solid contributors.
emfleek
6/13/11 3:58:15PM
In case anyone missed it (it was posted a little late), jjeans recently submitted a blog entry. Go check it out if you get a chance.

Also, we'd love to have more people contributing. Contact me if you're interested!
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 1:00:28PM
I have written many lengthy posts on the official Okami campaign. Would any of those posts qualify?
emfleek
8/8/11 1:10:19PM
Not sure. Can you provide links?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read the thread. To answer your question...sorry, but I don't think your posts really qualify.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 1:40:07PM
I would have to recompile all the information I have put into this thread ( Okami Campaign ). It would go something like this>>>

1. Silva vs OKami introduction
2. Recap of Silva vs Okami I
3. Tale of the tape of the fighters and their improvements since fight 1.
4. Recap of Silva vs Sonnen followed by Okami training with Sonnen
5. Majority opinions stating Silva will be too much for Okami
6. Recap of Kimura vs Gracie and how it relates to Silva vs Okami
7. End the article by stating how the ufc could not have better organized event 134 to reflect the legendary match which took place in Brazil back in 1951 between Kimura and Gracie.

I am not saying I would do it but let me know if you are interested...A little interest may spark my inspiration.

emfleek
8/8/11 1:44:43PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I would have to recompile all the information I have put into this thread ( Okami Campaign ). It would go something like this>>>

7. End the article by stating how the ufc could not have better organized event 134 to reflect the legendary match which took place in Brazil back in 1951 between Kimura and Gracie.

I am not saying I would do it but let me know if you are interested...A little interest may spark my inspiration.

We're absolutely interested. It would definitely need to be formatted as more of a blog or article than a forum post, though. ("LOL", "j/k", emoticons and things of that nature shouldn't be used). If you want to throw something together, do so and then PM it to me or one of the other mods and we, as a team, will review it for consideration.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 2:31:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

We're absolutely interested. It would definitely need to be formatted as more of a blog or article than a forum post, though. ("LOL", "j/k", emoticons and things of that nature shouldn't be used). If you want to throw something together, do so and then PM it to me or one of the other mods and we, as a team, will review it for consideration.

How is this for the opening statement?

As we get ready for UFC 134, pandemonium is sure to ensue the streets of Brazil and all of MMA communities as Anderson Silva of Brazil takes on Yushin Okami of Japan in what could be one of the most significant fight in MMA history. Not only is there history between Silva and Okami but there is also history between their respective countries which stems from the legendary bout between two great warriors of two different nations who once did battle in Brazil in 1951.
emfleek
8/8/11 2:40:47PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

How is this for the opening statement?

As we get ready for UFC 134, pandemonium is sure to ensue the streets of Brazil and all of MMA communities as Anderson Silva of Brazil takes on Yushin Okami of Japan in what could be one of the most significant fight in MMA history. Not only is there history between Silva and Okami but there is also history between their respective countries which stems from the legendary bout between two great warriors of two different nations who once did battle in Brazil in 1951.

KungFuMaster
8/8/11 8:58:23PM
I feel I can make more improvements on this but it will take too much time to edit and re-edit.

UFC 134 - Anderson Silva versus Yushin Okami

As we get ready for UFC 134 on August 27, 2011, pandemonium is sure to ensue the streets of Brazil and all of MMA communities as UFC middle weight champion Anderson Silva of Brazil takes on Yushin Okami of Japan in what could be one of the most significant fights in MMA history. Not only is there history between Silva and Okami but there is also history between their respective countries which stems from the legendary bout between two great warriors of two different nations who once did battle in Brazil in 1951.

In 2006, Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami fought for the first time at Rumble on the Rock 8 in what turned out to be an uneventful match as the bout was stopped early due to an illegal up-kick from the current champion, Anderson Silva. Okami may have won the bout due to disqualification but many felt Anderson was winning the fight up until the illegal kick.

Since then, both fighters have taken very different paths to be where they are today. Shortly after fighting Okami, Anderson Silva debut in the UFC in the middle of 2006 to make his mark in the mma world and has been on a tear since then by capturing the middle weight UFC title from Rich Franklin in his very next UFC fight.

Okami would have to wait for his opportunity to fight in the big leagues and was not picked up by the UFC until the middle of 2008 where he faced off against and defeated rising star, Alan Belcher. With an outstanding UFC record since his debut, many would agree Okami is the true number one contender but his title shot has been taken away a few times due to circumstances which he could not control. After a three fight win streak over marquee names such as Mark Munoz and Nate Marquardt, the UFC is forced to grant Okami his long awaited title shot against the champion who he once fought in 2006 which ended in anti-climatic fashion.

One can say it is destiny these two gladiators meet again to, once and for all, erase any doubt MMA fans may have had about their first outing.

After capturing the UFC middle weight crown, Anderson Silva has solidified himself as the best middle weight fighter in the world and is arguably the best fighter in the world according to MMA communities. While Silva enjoys the fruits of being a champion, Okami has had to revamp himself as he struggles to reach the top of the MMA ladder. With losses to Rich Franklin who was considered by many as a world class striker and to Chael Sonnen who is an exceptional wrestler, Okami has refocused his MMA training to further improve his striking and wrestling and showed vast improvements in those departments in his recent fights.

The two fighters will face off again in Brazil on August, 27, 2011. What is intriguing about the setting of this event is the fact legendary fighter and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu founder, Helio Gracie of Brazil and legendary Judo fighter, Masahiko Kimura of Japan once fought here in Brazil in the mid 1900's.

In 1951, Gracie extended an open challenge to Kimura. Kimura graciously answered the challenge but was welcomed with rotten eggs and tomatoes as he arrived in Brazil. The Brazilian crowd booed Kimura and while he made his way to the fighting arena, he noticed a coffin with his name on it. Despite the hostility, Kimura held his cool and dominated the Brazilian fighter. However, no matter how many times Kimura slammed Gracie with Judo throws, he could not knock out the Brazilian. It was later revealed Gracie had patted the mat with extra cushions to prevent himself from being knocked out. In any event, Kimura managed to defeat and humble an entire nation by applying the legendary move we now call Kimura which broke the arm of his opponent, Helio Gracie.

Ever since the Gracie and Kimura fight, Brazil and Japan has been bitter rivals. On August 27, 2011, the memories of the legendary fight between two warriors of the past will resurface in the form of Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami. Silva and Okami will not only be fighting to preserve their place in MMA but also to bring honor to their respective countries as well. As the two fighters get set to go to war on a stage once graced by two legendary fighters, MMA communities will be waiting in anticipation to find out if Yushin Okami will make history repeat itself or will Anderson Silva finally bring an end to what has plagued Brazil for the past 6 decades. The UFC could not have better organized this event for what is seemingly - history in the making.

Written by KungFuMaster
KungFuMaster
8/18/11 1:13:39PM
Wow, there are more grammar mistakes than I have anticipated.