ATTN Mods: Log in Issues

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » ATTN Mods: Log in Issues
wolfman
5/6/08 7:31:18PM
I really enjoy this site and all its great features, however there is one thing that has been bugging me for awhile now and I thought I would post my minor issue. Whenever I log in right away and click on MMA Forums or MMA Videos I get logged out instantly and then have to log in again. It happens every time I log in and click on one of the tabs above, sometimes I have to re-login repeatedly. While not a big problem/issue it is rather annoying! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem and if one of the Mods could help me out here. Thanks!
Copenhagen
5/6/08 7:57:49PM
I have the same problem too.
disorderlyvision
5/6/08 9:48:40PM
i have no problems, i stay logged in though. i dunno if that might help you guys
wolfman
5/6/08 9:58:07PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

i have no problems, i stay logged in though. i dunno if that might help you guys

I have tried that, but still to no avail. However, I don't want to stay logged in as I am not the only one who uses this laptop. Thanks for the suggestion though.
chubbud22
5/7/08 12:56:29AM
I have never heard of this happening to anyone else, but I hope you get it fixed.
Svartorm
5/7/08 1:08:52AM
Thats really weird. I think the site auto-logs you out if you're inactive after awhile and don't have the "Stay Logged In" box checked, but other than that I don't see why it would do that. The only thing I could think of is if your IP was banned for some reason, but I checked and thats all clear. Weird.
wolfman
5/7/08 1:30:03AM

Posted by Svartorm

Thats really weird. I think the site auto-logs you out if you're inactive after awhile and don't have the "Stay Logged In" box checked, but other than that I don't see why it would do that. The only thing I could think of is if your IP was banned for some reason, but I checked and thats all clear. Weird.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I also did notice that when you're inactive on this site you get logged out and have to log-in again.

Strangely enough, the problem seems to have been fixed...I think. I will log off now and then try again to see if I am still having the problem.

EDIT: Cool, looks like my log-in problems have been fixed! I can log-in and click on one of the site's tabs/links right away and not be logged out.
Kpro
5/7/08 1:42:44AM
When I used Internet Explorer I would have to re-log in when accessing the Secondary League.

Firefox didn't make me do this so I now use Firefox when on this site.

Sounds like the same issue that you were experiencing.
wolfman
5/7/08 1:49:35AM
Interesting, I only use Firefox and I also noticed while clicking the secondary league tab I would get logged off immediately, forgot to mention that. I think that tab and the forums/video tabs caused me the most problems. So far so good.
Svartorm
5/7/08 4:39:30AM
I didn't actually do anything other than reply, but being as its working, I'm going to take all the credit for it. You're welcome Wolfman.
DCRage
5/7/08 7:30:36AM
I've never had this problem (maybe because I still use Netscape), but my first thought was it could've been a cookie issue, which probably could've been fixed by just clearing your cookies then re-logging into the site.