ATTN Members: Props per day doubled.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ATTN Members: Props per day doubled.
nate22
8/27/07 11:30:04AM
Lets try and make the most of them and spread the love for insightful posting.
loonytnt
8/27/07 4:43:21PM
yeah give me some props if you like the simpsons!!! lol
Ydoc
8/27/07 5:14:57PM
What was the old limit in 24 hours? Because I never reached it.
nate22
8/27/07 7:14:31PM
I personally wanted it doubled, because I move people's threads alot and I find it courteous to let them know why i'm doing so in the form of props to relieve annoyance or people thinking i'm being a tosser.

I think props were set at five a day, although i'm not sure, but the more they are spread the more of a community spirit is created for all of us fools who buy into the prosoect of props.
DoTheMMAth
8/27/07 10:36:43PM
They were at 6 per 24 hours initially.

As we learned when we had the wagering system set up as player vs player, anything that can be abused will be abused.... we'll see how things go with 12 per day now
Ydoc
8/27/07 10:49:07PM
While The Leader is out and about answering questions, how long before you can prop again after you've already propped someone?

And do you get a top poster badge after 1,000 posts?
nate22
8/28/07 6:45:02PM
Tell us now old wise guru!!!
Svartorm
8/28/07 7:30:54PM

Posted by Ydoc

While The Leader is out and about answering questions, how long before you can prop again after you've already propped someone?

The "Top Poster" badge is given out for forum members who pass the MMA Playground test. This includes arm wrestling, the steeplechase, memorization of PI to two hundred digits, hand-to-eye coordination, culinary, and quilting exams which are scored by a panel of judges. After this test is concluded, the two people with the highest score must engage in a fight to the death using toothpicks. Then its a simple MRI, personality test, drug test, and colonic to earn your "Top Poster" badge.
szucconi
8/28/07 7:38:47PM

Posted by Svartorm
The "Top Poster" badge is given out for forum members who pass the MMA Playground test. This includes arm wrestling, the steeplechase, memorization of PI to two hundred digits, hand-to-eye coordination, culinary, and quilting exams which are scored by a panel of judges. After this test is concluded, the two people with the highest score must engage in a fight to the death using toothpicks. Then its a simple MRI, personality test, drug test, and colonic to earn your "Top Poster" badge.

I am down for everything listed except for the colonic. I would ace the quilting part. I have PI memorized to 300 digits so thats no problem. I play a lot of Wii to stregthen my right arm for arm wrestling (I look like a fiddler crab now). I have a personality. I can fit in the MRI tube. I got it all nailed.
Svartorm
8/28/07 8:03:47PM
No, the personality test is to make sure you don't have a personality. If you do, you might make friends offline, and we can't have that. Sorry bro.
DoTheMMAth
8/30/07 5:12:38PM

Posted by Ydoc

Off the top of my head I think the number is 10? But I'm not certain without looking in the coding.

Posted by Ydoc

One of the suggestions we got was to give out more accomplishment badges to people, so we made up a new badge in an attempt to keep it fresh around here... basically just gave one to each of the current top 10 posters on the site. Then I realized I counted wrong and actually wound up giving out 11 because I'm smart like bacteria.

Eventually I'm sure that there will be many many people with over 1k posts, so we probably won't just give that to everyone who hits the mark, that way it's reserved for more special milestones and/or for becoming an internet cult of personality. The milestone in this case being "among the first to reach the 1,000 post mark on The Playground".

If you can think of any more noteworthy achievements to hand out some e-awards for, I'm all ears.
DoTheMMAth
8/30/07 5:14:48PM

Posted by Svartorm

You forgot the part where you have your eyelids stapled open and are required to read every SICKRICK post out loud while punching yourself in the face...
Ydoc
8/30/07 6:58:01PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth
If you can think of any more noteworthy achievements to hand out some e-awards for, I'm all ears.

At some old forums I was at they'd give awards for forum related stuff, like Poster of The Month, Best Thread (within the month), and Quote of The Month as decided by the admins and mods. Those would make for good badges.

Nice job allowing multiple badges to be shown now. Its funny how something as simple as a little image under your name drives you to collect them.
CornishMMA
8/31/07 9:43:05AM
I think i deserve more props for doing such kickass looking ufc threads with the fighters pics and posters etc

Whoops i kinda broke the playrgound commandent - thou shalt not ask for props - well ......... i wasnt asking ...... just making a statement
zephead
9/3/07 11:52:36AM

Posted by CornishMMA

I think i deserve more props for doing such kickass looking ufc threads with the fighters pics and posters etc

Whoops i kinda broke the playrgound commandent - thou shalt not ask for props - well ......... i wasnt asking ...... just making a statement

NO PROPS FOR YOU, 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hippysmacker
9/4/07 3:35:46PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Ydoc

After reading this I have to say I stole mine when the boss was outta the office, ala Sam Hoger
keith-hackney1
9/5/07 6:13:43PM
Hackney's gonna hand out props to anyone who can master the nut cracker. ( like i did to jo son in ufc 4 ) ... Any takers ????

On a serious note, props to nate22 for making props an everyday part of this site !!!