attn Chael_Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » attn Chael_Sonnen
POLL: will Chael P Sonnen fight next week?
yes 59% (22)
no 22% (8)
Don King ate my birthday cake. 19% (7)
SpiderSilva
8/7/13 10:31:35PM
Come on dude. There's a ton of money ridding on you. You need to get on the their ass to hurry up!
jae_1833
8/8/13 1:54:09AM
You can do it! Easy 11 points for me if they do!
sparky
8/8/13 4:45:19AM
Shogun is going to murder Sonnen
pmoney
8/8/13 5:34:37AM

Posted by sparky

The same Shogun who barely beat Brandon Vera? Oh Sparky, you're a gem
SmileR
8/8/13 6:53:22AM

Posted by sparky

I will Av bet the shit out of this!!
Chael_Sonnen
8/8/13 9:01:22AM
**UPDATE**

Chael Sonnen just announced that he is willing to step in for himself next Saturday at UFC Fight Night on Chael Sports 1.
jae_1833
8/8/13 11:22:07AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

**UPDATE**

Chael Sonnen just announced that he is willing to step in for himself next Saturday at UFC Fight Night on Chael Sports 1.

Ha! Dork...
sparky
8/8/13 1:06:14PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sparky

I would of but Bubbs already took that bet
State_Champ
8/8/13 2:14:11PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sparky

I'll take Shogun, You take Sonnen.
Cool ?
SmileR
8/8/13 3:34:09PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sparky

I'll take Shogun, You take Sonnen.
Cool ?

I'm your huckleberry.
Bubbles
8/8/13 11:58:07PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sparky

I would of but Bubbs already took that bet

Webbie
8/9/13 3:54:52AM
Am I the only one who thinks Shogun could pull out a submission on Sonnen?

I mean, the guy doesn't have the greatest history defending submissions, and Shogun is pretty slick on the ground.
jjeans
8/9/13 8:58:37AM

Posted by Webbie

I mean, the guy doesn't have the greatest history defending submissions, and Shogun is pretty slick on the ground.

Chaels never been KO'd so personally I'm more thinking he gets rocked and Shogun catches him in an RNC or something more than Shogun gets the KO.

Off his bottom though we saw from Forrest that it is possible to use his weight to sit on top, yes Forrest was swept but Chaels focus is to stay in the guard. Staying in the guard is what he's good at and we haven't seen Shogun win via a real sub since '06. And that was a Heel hook, not a triangle or Armbar beggining off his back.

That may have contradicted what I just said. But what I'm saying is Shogun won't get the sub after the takedown (IMO) it's more likely he'll get a sub when Chaels rocked
Webbie
8/9/13 2:16:44PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Webbie

Chaels never been KO'd so personally I'm more thinking he gets rocked and Shogun catches him in an RNC or something more than Shogun gets the KO.

Off his bottom though we saw from Forrest that it is possible to use his weight to sit on top, yes Forrest was swept but Chaels focus is to stay in the guard. Staying in the guard is what he's good at and we haven't seen Shogun win via a real sub since '06. And that was a Heel hook, not a triangle or Armbar beggining off his back.

That may have contradicted what I just said. But what I'm saying is Shogun won't get the sub after the takedown (IMO) it's more likely he'll get a sub when Chaels rocked

*kneebar

I was going to props you for this post since I mostly agree, but I've gotta spread the love first

I don't see Shogun getting any takedowns either, so I agree that if he gets a submission it'll mostly likely be after dropping Chael and then jumping on him, probably with a RNC.

Still, if Shogun can't do that I think there's still a chance he could lock something up from the bottom. The triangle that Anderson had on Chael was barely locked on. I mean, had Chael not tapped out I believe he would've already been out of the choke and at least remained conscious. Chael just seems flustered when people are trying to submit him. His first fight against Paulo Filho was another good example of this. Even the armbar that Jeremy Horn got on him before that wasn't fully locked on.

Chael Sonnen and submissions just do not mix, but we'll see what Shogun has left in the tank.
prozacnation1978
8/9/13 6:51:22PM
A takedown machine vs a guy who gets taken down a lot.
5 rounds of lay and pray coming up