Attention long time playground members!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Attention long time playground members!!
Next Page »
Jackelope
5/7/08 2:22:10AM
Where have you all gone? I feel like I'm being left all alone in the MMA Lounge and UFC/Pride FC forums. Some of the stuff being said in there is mind boggling (or bottling if you're a will ferrel fan)

I keep reading posts and thinking "Okay, so and so is going to come in here and tell this guy he's full of hot air" But to no avail. It seems like it's been months since I've seen certain names posting intelligent topics/replies. Don't get me wrong, the playground still has a ton of great posters, I'm just wondering what has happened to certain names that I won't mention. If you are still reading and aren't posting for some reason belly up and tell your local shrink what's going on

BTW, as a side note don't take anything that might get posted in this thread too personal. If mods want to delete it simply based on a possible controversy that's cool. I'm just wondering where everyone has gone
Pookie
5/7/08 2:25:37AM

Don't Worry, Pookie is still here to save the day.
loller90278
5/7/08 2:26:27AM
i'm an oldie, but ive never had a post where i say anything intellectual. don't worry jackelope, they're just hibernating
DCRage
5/7/08 7:32:25AM
I've actually seen the opposite lately, seems like members who have been here since day 1 are just now starting to make posts in the forums. I can usually tell by their career pick records. The only other thing I've noticed is that it seems a couple of former mods here are now either inactive or have left the site.
disorderlyvision
5/7/08 8:20:17AM
they probably got banned, or were ran over by a semi truck and are in intensive care away from computers, what else would keep them away from the playground
Twenty20Dollars
5/7/08 9:08:03AM
there still here.
rameydl8
5/7/08 9:12:00AM
im not the most intelligent poster...but ive been here for a whle
emfleek
5/7/08 9:55:36AM
I love lamp.
SpiderSilva
5/7/08 10:35:26AM
I like to think I have been around a while as there is like 5 times as many people sense I started
Kpro
5/7/08 10:44:32AM

Posted by emfleek

I love lamp.

Are you just looking at random objects in the mmaplayground and saying you love them?
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/7/08 10:53:49AM
I love desk
mrsmiley
5/7/08 12:32:08PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

I love lamp.

Are you just looking at random objects in the mmaplayground and saying you love them?

LOL.

I killed Dana White with a Trident!!!!!

I notice this on other boards too.I was a member of the KMC forums forever,but rarely post now,due to the fact a lot of the topics are just rehashed threads of the same thing over and over.That's the great thing about MMA though!it always changes!
loller90278
5/7/08 12:34:23PM
me, kpro and jackelope are the only true OG's in this thread.

on another hand, i can't believe i have 136 props.. what fool would respect the things that i say!
hippysmacker
5/7/08 1:06:13PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

I love lamp.

LOL.

I killed Dana White with a Trident!!!!!

I notice this on other boards too.I was a member of the KMC forums forever,but rarely post now,due to the fact a lot of the topics are just rehashed threads of the same thing over and over.That's the great thing about MMA though!it always changes!

Well, In my case ,and in the case of a few of the other mods I have spoken with, we are just tired of the same old arguments. He's right , rehashed threads, and similar arguments just bore me, I also feel that there will always be a large number of people that really don't want to hear what others have to say. I just feel they are trying to convince others to agree with them, and are amateur propagandist . The predetermined agendas just started to grate on me, as I don't like discussions with people incapable, or unwilling to objectively see both sides of an argument. It's not just new members restating already discussed topics either. It's also long time people just rehashing the same stuff like political spin doctors looking to change votes through repetition ,and subliminal brain washing. As if a idea is repeated often enough, true or not, that others will buy into their agenda. So I haven't posted much in the last 3 months, , and when I have it's usually about non-mma( locker room-football, music, etc.) stuff. Also, when I log on I usually have a lot of stuff to deal with. If I log on 4-times a day, and spend an hour or 2 of those times cleaning up/ updating the site it just takes away from any other mma time I might have. Last but least, there have been less big MMA cards than there were awhile back IMO. It seemed that for awhile there was a card of some consequence weekly. With some of the upstarts( IFL, M-1,HDNET ) scaling back/failing/ re-organizing/ or not being able to sign the fighters they expected there has been less MMA to talk about anyway IMO.
Mastodon2
5/7/08 2:30:28PM
I just havnt had as much time as I would like to post here, with University exams, getting back into music and most importantly spending time with my girlfriend. I'm still here and I'm always lurking, mostly there hasn't been much interesting debate about MMA since some pretty uninspired match choices are turning up. I'm sure when we start getting some really interesting matches on the go again I'll have more to talk about.

Jerome Le Banner vs Cro Cop has got me relaly excited though, Jerome deserves a chance to add another name to his list.
Jackelope
5/7/08 2:41:02PM
I definitely agree that there are a lot of people who have been in the background always before and they are finally starting to post threads/reply.

Looks like hippysmacker touched on it pretty well. I mean these are the things I was figuring were contributing to it. I find myself not getting quite as hyped up about card anymore, either. Even Wand/Liddell had so much B.S. surrounding it that it seemed to steal something away from the actual fight I couldn't get into it the same.
pv3Hpv3p
5/7/08 2:42:28PM
I actually have to do more work now that I'm in a new division... And the GF keeps wanting me to do stuff with her... And by stuff she doesn't mean watch TUF or sweet PPV's... she means more like eat dinner with her parents and watch an "artsy flick" (or nap time as I like to call it)

But I'm still here, and I'll make it my personal mission to call out dumbasses on a more regular basis
iwannabesedated
5/7/08 2:55:05PM

Posted by loller90278

me, kpro and jackelope are the only true OG's in this thread.

on another hand, i can't believe i have 136 props.. what fool would respect the things that i say!

Im OG....
george112
5/7/08 4:15:06PM
Ive been around since the beginning of mmaplayground and for a while i was fedors number 1 defender..but i post every once in awhile.like now..but expect to see more of me
jiujitsufreak74
5/7/08 4:34:01PM
i haven't been here too long, but i believe i represent the new blood well and try to post with reason. lately i have a lot of schoolwork so i wont be posting as often as usual.
mk1630
5/7/08 5:27:15PM
When was the playground started? I'm not sure how long ive been here compared to the long time members.
wolfman
5/7/08 5:37:07PM

Posted by mk1630

When was the playground started? I'm not sure how long ive been here compared to the long time members.

Started in 1/07.
mk1630
5/7/08 5:43:35PM
Thanks. So im close to an OG lol, even tho i have no where near the amount of posts or intelligent replies haha.
george112
5/7/08 6:21:43PM
if OG means that youve been here since the beginning then i guess im an OG
blkssncpt
5/7/08 8:26:14PM
i was here a couple months before i registered i guess since the beginning, but when i registered i would post more because i had access from my job but the county blocked this site out along with youtube and a couple other sites. y they would block this one out i have no idea , anyways when that happened i stop posting for a while then i got back in here but i only read most of the time i'v recently started to post again. but lik it's been said there has been a lose of good discussions in here and a lot of topics that have been covered over and over again.

-Rob
teddythetuna
5/9/08 4:39:32PM
OG here! usually dont post unless its a topic i care for. or i have something funny to say.
Manfred
5/9/08 11:21:03PM
I''m pretty OG. I was on business travel for 5 months so I had more time to post before. Now I'm back home for 2 months and was super busy with the house, wife, kids... oh, and work.

Things are getting better time-wise, but like Hippysmacker said, it gets old doing the same topics over and over. I also don't post much in the upcoming match-ups threads b/c I prefer to keep those opinions within my camp.
zephead
5/10/08 9:13:20PM
OG here. I'm the Stokey Carmichael of the boards. I use to participate alot in threads, but now it's the same old stuff. So I pretty log on everyday, check the PM box, edit, delete or ban members and then sign off. OG doesn't have time to sit and chit chat
hippysmacker
5/11/08 3:11:44AM

Posted by zephead

OG here. I'm the Stokey Carmichael of the boards. I use to participate alot in threads, but now it's the same old stuff. So I pretty log on everyday, check the PM box, edit, delete or ban members and then sign off. OG doesn't have time to sit and chit chat

Hey now Stokey, we won't have nun of that there Black Powa talk round here!
tberg420
5/11/08 2:49:44PM
I use to post all the time but then got into stupid flame wars and got burnt out on it. Recently got engaged and bought a house so that consumes my time now-a-days.
Pages: [1] 2