attending a live UFC event

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » attending a live UFC event
Amigop
5/26/09 5:44:04PM
there is rumors going around about Ufc 103 in spetember i think might be in arizona so i was thinking about attending. Im asking now cause i need to save up money.
Some questions

What are good seats that are pretty cheap? mY budget is around 300$ or less
Are the wiegh ins open to the public?
Do the fighters do autographs and pictures at wiegh ins?

DCRage
5/26/09 6:15:29PM
$300? Nosebleed if you're lucky.
Yes, weigh-ins are free and open to the public.
They usually do although you probably need to be a Fight Club member for best results.
Kpro
5/26/09 6:25:34PM

Posted by Amigop

there is rumors going around about Ufc 103 in spetember i think might be in arizona so i was thinking about attending. Im asking now cause i need to save up money.
Some questions

Are the wiegh ins open to the public?
Do the fighters do autographs and pictures at wiegh ins?

I won't be attending one until 102, unless they move it again.

But for example UFC 100 has tickets ranging 100-1000.

Fight Club Membership is 83.

So you'd have to decide if you want the 300 ticket or the 283 (200 ticket, 83 membership)

And of course whatever you choose, you add on the $1,275 Ticketmaster convenience charge also.
SpiderSilva
5/26/09 6:52:22PM
When the UFC came to Denver it was a Fight Night and I spen 75 a ticket and 75 for a fight club membership I sat where the fighters walked in met fighter walking around after their fights seats were off the floor so no one could stand in front and to think I could have spent 300 bucks a ticket to sit a little closer
Wolfenstein
5/26/09 6:57:17PM
If you go to the UFC's website, typically they have seating charts, which vary in price from event to event. You can just look at previous shows to get a rough estimate.
grappler0000
5/26/09 7:15:29PM

Posted by Amigop

Is $300 for a single ticket or a pair?

Either way, depending on the size of the venue, you can probably get decent seat(s) for 300. Events outside of Vegas are usually about half the price. As long as it's a decent size venue, floor seats will probably be 400-600 apiece, while the nose-bleeds will probably be about 50.
sclasclemski
5/26/09 8:21:33PM
I went to UFC 96 in Ohio for my batchelor party and I'm pretty sure the tix were around sixty but thats because my best man waited too long and had to get them off of stub hub or one of those ticket sites and paid alot of fees...our seats were pretty far back but I had still had a blast...for my next one I want to sit on the first elevated level off the floor...I understand that gives one of the best vantage points...from the floor the action gets obscured when it goes to the mat...from the first level you don't miss anything and you are not too far away...
kopower
5/26/09 9:52:01PM
I was at 87 and 81. Spent $75 at Vegas and $125 in Minneapolis. Obviously the 125 dollar tickets were better but we were still upper deck. Personally if I go to another I think I'll just get the $75 ones again. It's worth it just for the atmosphere. The UFC fight club is cool because you can get fighter autographs and they have fight club parties the night before the fights where different fighters show up. Rampage and Clay Guida showed up at ours

Be prepared to spend $7 for a hotdog and $9 for a beer.
Amigop
5/27/09 1:02:56AM
Ok thanks everyone for the help :) this is gonna suck though if for some reason ufc 103 isnt in AZ. but ill definatlly look into the fight memeber thing
Aaronno9
5/27/09 5:25:32AM
You'll get a decent seat for $300 in an areana of around 10k. Much bigger and it might not be so good. I paid £150 for mine in Newcastle, which is about the equivilent and my seat was spot on. Perfect veiw.
EvenFlow
5/27/09 9:20:10AM
Most recently 87, and lemme tell ya somethin, dont be upset if you have to buy nosebleed tickets (or the loft) a UFC event is still beyond awesome and you still get a great view regardless of how far away it is. MMA events are the best sporting events I've ever been to or every will.
sclasclemski
5/27/09 12:27:09PM
i thought I read that 103 was going to be in Los Angelas...or maybe that was 104
crushedbacon
5/27/09 6:53:11PM
Man if I were you I'd make the short trip to Vegas.....there's a big difference between watching the fights at the MGM Grand Garden Arena vs an arena designed for NHL or NBA games. Huge Difference! The seating in the MGM is perfect to watch fights, I couldn't imagine watching fights in say the Bell Centre in Montreal.....Just got back from 98 what a great time, I went to 92 too. Met so many fighters man.......Frank Mir and Matt Serra, 2 of the coolest, most humble cats ever.
RNC
6/1/09 1:56:55PM
I just bought tickets for UFC 101. Lower level seats were $300 to $400.