Attended UFC 127 weigh-ins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Attended UFC 127 weigh-ins
Malaussie
2/26/11 4:30:55AM
I just wanted to share with u guys my first ever UFC weigh-in.
I was lining up to get in then I see TRAVIS LUTTER I just shook his hand and said "OMG its TRAVIS LUTTER and I was talking to him for a bit. He has put on on some weight. I was with my friend and when we walked away my friend asked who that was. I almost snapped it. I said "You don't know who Travis Lutter is? He fought Anderson Silva for the title in 2007!!!!!"
The actual weigh-ins were awesome. The crowd went crazy for Mark Hunt, James Te Huna, Anthony Perosh, Chris Lytle, George Sotiropoulos, and all 4 fighters in main event and co-main.
Almost lost my voice cheering for my fave fighter George. Bisping and Rivera almost came to blows during the staredown. Crowd went ballistic for BJ Penn.
I'm not going to sleep tonight because im so excited to attend my first ever UFC.

Would also like to read other people's stories of attending UFC's or weigh-ins
Rabi
2/26/11 7:36:46AM
I live in the UK and try and get to as many UK events as possible, Ive been to approx 8 events, my best story to date is at UFC 93 in Dublin I got to have a drink with Chris Lytle in a bar, he stayed with us for approx and hour, he was such a nice bloke.
FastKnockout
2/26/11 12:04:33PM
Cool story, man. I've never been to a weigh-in or event.

I've heard BJ Penn has a huge fan base over there. Wasn't surprised to see them cheer for him. I was watching the live stream, but the sound wasn't any good. Did Bisping actually get cheers?
BlueSkiesBurn
2/26/11 6:17:09PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I've heard BJ Penn has a huge fan base over there. Wasn't surprised to see them cheer for him. I was watching the live stream, but the sound wasn't any good. Did Bisping actually get cheers?

Bisping's reaction probably went a little something like this
Malaussie
2/27/11 2:48:48AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeh BJ is well loved over here. Bisping also has a large fan base over here thats why he got a lot of cheers. I'm jus so bummed george lost still cant get over it. Crowd jus went dead in between his fight and the bisping fight.
Was the experience of a lifetime. Will definantly be attending any ufc that comes to Australia from now on.