The Assassin’ Returns on April 2nd

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Assassin’ Returns on April 2nd
RMFG_187
2/25/08 1:41:02AM
With two spectacular wins over Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara, Houston Alexander was the breakout star of 2007. Now, after suffering the first loss of his UFC career last November to Thiago Silva, ‘The Assassin’ is on the comeback trail and he will look to get back in the win column on April 2nd when he takes on James Irvin on Spike TV’s latest UFC Fight Night card.

Web Link
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/25/08 1:46:05AM
I know anything can happen, but if I was Dana I would already have that knockout of the night bonus check made out to Houston Alexander lol. He really has been exciting to watch and I hope he keeps it up.
Kpro
2/25/08 3:56:11AM
I'd also have the freak accident of the night bonus check made out to James Irvin in advance.
Svartorm
2/25/08 4:18:05AM
Only because Joe Riggs isn't on the card.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/25/08 7:52:10AM
i like alexander in this fight, but love how no one is giving irvin a chance....big opportunity for the upset
brutalbones
2/25/08 9:46:48AM
This should be a really good fight. It's hard for me to pick a winner because I like both these guys, but I would probably give the nod to Irvin because he seems to be the more well-rounded fighter. Either way, it should be fireworks.
gartface
2/25/08 4:19:33PM
I think they intentionally gave Houston a fight that fits right into his style. Irvin will probably try and stand and bang with Houston, and most likely get KTFO.
jrmmaclassics
2/25/08 7:50:27PM
Look for Alexander to make a big return into the win column after his loss.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
jakeiceman
2/29/08 6:31:50PM
There is nothing impressive about Alexander other than his power....really what else does he have??? And then again I have never been impressed by Irvin either so I guess I dont have an opion...sorry ha ha