So I asked a girl out today at work...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » So I asked a girl out today at work...
Next Page »
warglory
6/5/12 8:04:19PM
...and I thought it was pretty smooth, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

I have been flirting with this girl at work, but I won't bore you with the details of girl meets boy. I finally felt the time was right today to ask her out on a date, but for some reason didn't want to just "ask" like I have in the past. I really like this girl, so I wanted to make an impact.

My plan consisted of going retro, back in elementary/middle school, with those little notes you leave folks you liked that asked if you wanted to be bf/gf, and they had a check box for yes or no. I thought this was clever as hell, but was a little nervous obviously since it was "really" putting the girl on the spot, at least with the way I intended on doing it.

So I walk up to her desk after creating the note, and I ask out of no where, "do you want to see something old school?" She was in a good mood and said yes. I then responded with a "are you sure?" to which her interest was sparked a bit more.

So I pulled out the note, and placed it on her desk without saying a word. She burst out laughing. The result? See for yourself.

Sorry, it got cut off for some reason. The original message says "Do you want to go to dinner with me?" Clearly, if she wasn't interested, I gave her little recourse for a way out. The box she filled in btw, was one she created. I only had the first two as options.
prophecy033
6/5/12 8:08:49PM
keeper

P.S. Smooth
P.S.S. Keith Smooth
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
KungFuMaster
6/5/12 8:17:42PM
That was pretty smooth. I have a smooth story to tell as well but I'll wait until this thread gets rolling. I don't want to hijack it right now.
BossHog
6/5/12 8:24:11PM
Ballsy move with the options haha
pmoney
6/5/12 8:35:52PM
Well done, sir!
prophecy033
6/5/12 8:41:35PM

Posted by BossHog

Ballsy move with the options haha

the best part was she made her own box for all of the above....all the above what....the knees
george112
6/5/12 8:45:46PM
Really clever.
Aether
6/5/12 8:49:37PM
Pretty slick.

On another note, we should re-name this forum section to "Relationship Discussion".
kopower
6/5/12 9:07:43PM
Very slick. Good luck with the gal
Pskinner_mma314
6/5/12 10:10:46PM
smoother than a newly shaved...........face........haha

well done sir
Shawn91111
6/6/12 8:01:26AM
Old school is if you chiseled the message in a tablet and gave her the required tools to reply
scoozna
6/6/12 2:48:28PM
Well done. It's only corny if it doesn't work.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/6/12 6:42:23PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Old school is if you chiseled the message in a tablet and gave her the required tools to reply

Something tells me you've thought this through....
Pookie
6/6/12 11:28:18PM
Shoulda grabbed her butt afterwards. Let everyone at work know that you're king.
prozacnation1978
6/7/12 12:12:52PM
I have mixed feelings with dating with co workers
Hendo67
6/7/12 12:30:03PM
That's awesome! - I love how she made her own box at the bottom! - That's some good stuff right there...

My last date came over a game of beerpong, haha. I told her "Hey, if i beat you - We're going to dinner!" - Then she said "And if i beat you?" I replied "I'll pay for it!" - 90% of the time i ask a girl out i'm in beer mode, which isn't bad for liquid courage, but it's also bad when you do it when you're too drunk.

Either way she was stuck with me, I did end up winning - But obviously still paid for it, haha.

I remember one time a last month i apparently told a girl, who's my friend that i'd take her to dinner and a movie - She was so excited apparently, but i was so drunk when i made that offer that i forgot until 10 mins before dinner the next night... I got a call "So are you on your way?"... I said "For What?" ...She says "Are you kidding me... the dinner and a movie!? ...."Uhhh oh, yeah, i'll leave now!"

I was so haggard.
warglory
6/14/12 10:33:03PM
So you want to know why dudes generally don't do what I did? Because they usually get fucked, that's why (and not in the good way).

It turns out, after accepting my date, she got back together with her ex and didn't tell me. I had to find out from a Facebook message on her wall. How fucked up is that? Such a waste of a good way to ask someone out. Bah!

It's funny how it's always ladies bitching about there not being enough quality men in the world, yet there are plenty of cunts too, ya know? I don't usually use that word, but I can't think of a better word to describe someone who would leave someone hanging like that.

I am not even upset, just incredibly disappointed in this person's character flaws. I thought I was a better judge of character. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
prophecy033
6/14/12 11:16:00PM

Posted by warglory

So you want to know why dudes generally don't do what I did? Because they usually get fucked, that's why (and not in the good way).

It turns out, after accepting my date, she got back together with her ex and didn't tell me. I had to find out from a Facebook message on her wall. How fucked up is that? Such a waste of a good way to ask someone out. Bah!

It's funny how it's always ladies bitching about there not being enough quality men in the world, yet there are plenty of cunts too, ya know? I don't usually use that word, but I can't think of a better word to describe someone who would leave someone hanging like that.

I am not even upset, just incredibly disappointed in this person's character flaws. I thought I was a better judge of character. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I'm sorry to hear that bro, chicks suck like that. They play games because they want every guy to want them
warglory
6/14/12 11:21:24PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by warglory

I'm sorry to hear that bro, chicks suck like that. They play games because they want every guy to want them

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me all that much besides being disappointed in her. This guy was abusive in the past, so she is one of those ladies who is attracted to abusive relationships (and probably one of those ladies who says there are no good guys left, haha) apparently. I am 28, going on 29, so I have been burned in the past, and will probably be burned in the future. Luckily, age kinda brings emotional competence with this kind of shit. I am really more pissed that I sullied a date line that I was proud of. heheh
warglory
6/14/12 11:23:29PM
Quick, someone create another good relationship story to get the Off Topic forum out of the relationship funk!
prophecy033
6/14/12 11:34:27PM

Posted by warglory

Quick, someone create another good relationship story to get the Off Topic forum out of the relationship funk!

I'm 28 gonna be 29 Saturday and I've been burned pretty bad also. I just stay away from the weird indecisive chicks
Bubbles
6/15/12 12:24:43AM

Posted by warglory

A couple years ago, when I was 21, I dated this chick who was 25. We went to see Piranhas 3D (her choice btw) and she got ID'd while I just walked right through
Kpro
6/15/12 12:27:26AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

A couple years ago, when I was 21, I dated this chick who was 25. We went to see Piranhas 3D (her choice btw) and she got ID'd while I just walked right through

Reminds me of about a year ago when I was 28 and dated this chick and we went to an R-rated movie.

I walked straight in and she got ID'd. Ummm, so anyways we left because she wasn't 18. Wait, this just got weird.
KungFuMaster
6/15/12 1:04:47AM

Posted by warglory

I thought I was a better judge of character. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Sorry it didn't go well for you. But anyway, I could have told you that^^^. You tend to misinterpret me.
KungFuMaster
6/15/12 1:08:40AM
I think I'll open a Dr. Phil thread.
Pookie
6/15/12 1:51:44AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

Reminds me of about a year ago when I was 28 and dated this chick and we went to an R-rated movie.

I walked straight in and she got ID'd. Ummm, so anyways we left because she wasn't 18. Wait, this just got weird.

You should have said she was your daughter.
MMAcca
6/15/12 6:52:24AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Sharing ?

I have one experience of dating a co-worker 7 years ago.

She gave birth to our baby boy 4 months ago and we marry on March 6th next year.
warglory
6/15/12 7:03:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by warglory

I thought I was a better judge of character. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Sorry it didn't go well for you. But anyway, I could have told you that^^^. You tend to misinterpret me.

KFM, I think you are the most passive aggressive person on this board.

1. You don't know me, so don't joke like you do.
2. This thread isn't about you, or even specifically about my judge of character, so why take that out of context and relate it back to previous conversations we've had on a message board? I'm sure you're mainly joking, but you thought enough about it to actually post something about yourself, which is kinda lame dude.
warglory
6/15/12 7:03:55AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by prozacnation1978

Sharing ?

I have one experience of dating a co-worker 7 years ago.

She gave birth to our baby boy 4 months ago and we marry on March 6th next year.

Nice dude, that's excellent!
grappler0000
6/16/12 12:09:32AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

I walked straight in and she got ID'd. Ummm, so anyways we left because she wasn't 17. Wait, this just got weird.

Fixed...and even weirder.
Pages: [1] 2