After arrest, Brett Rogers gets rare second chance at Bellator 75

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After arrest, Brett Rogers gets rare second chance at Bellator 75
grappler0000
10/3/12 11:04:23AM
The police report paints an ugly picture. To read it is to put yourself there, in suburban Minneapolis, at 12:35 a.m. on June 29, 2011, by which point Brett Rogers has already done the things that will cost him his job, his self-respect, and, at least for a little while, his freedom.

You read it and you see Rogers – all 6-foot-4, 260 pounds of him – drunk and slurring his words as he talks to police officers in his driveway. You keep reading, and you see Tiuana, his wife of seven years, dazed and disoriented as she stumbles down the street in the dark, only to be picked up by officers who will later describe the "golfball-sized" bump above her left eye, the blood smeared on her face, the missing tooth. You see the couple's children, who will later tell a neighbor that they're scared to go home...

Full Story
BuffaloDave
10/3/12 11:15:39AM
I think this story is a little late, considering Rogers has already had a fight with Bellator since his arrest...
tcunningham
10/3/12 1:41:18PM
after what he arrested and convicted of i will never be a fan (not that i ever was) and will hope to see him get KTFO until he retires.
Poor_Franklin
10/3/12 2:04:39PM

Posted by tcunningham

after what he arrested and convicted of i will never be a fan (not that i ever was) and will hope to see him get KTFO until he retires.

yup
JLS1980
10/3/12 3:00:57PM

Posted by tcunningham

You get your chance in 2 days. Looks like he's got a pretty tough opponent in Alexander Volkov. This fight will start off the Main Card at Bellator 75.
frizzzlecake
10/3/12 4:04:06PM
I would never put my hands on a women or child, but I think everyone deserves a second chance. I don't know his background or his wife's, but i will not judge a man at his worst.
Chael_Sonnen
10/3/12 8:25:05PM
Looks like after this fight, he'll be changing tires again....real quickly.
prophecy033
10/3/12 8:28:43PM
Rogers can eat shit for all I care
941_Florida_Boy
10/4/12 1:10:26PM
although i don't care for Rogers his fights are exciting