Arod tested positive for steroids in 2003

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Arod tested positive for steroids in 2003
Shawn91111
2/7/09 12:19:31PM
LINK

As a Yankee fan and someone who supported Arod its a bit unnerving, but at the sametime it seemed almost all players have done them during this era. Maybe except Griffey Jr.
higdon10
2/7/09 12:27:16PM
I'm not that suprised. And you are right about Griffey Jr. He is a sure fire first ballot hall of famer as he dominated the game the right way in an era where the other stars were doping. I have no idea what there is to dislike about Ken Griffey Jr. He played by the rules and was at the top of the mountain while doing it.
cmb19932
2/7/09 1:01:55PM

- war sox

true dat about griffey
kris_ericson
2/7/09 2:13:26PM
can they do something now because they know about it?
evan9eleven
2/7/09 2:45:55PM
haha everyone knows Aroid was on the juice
Shawn91111
2/7/09 2:53:20PM

Posted by kris_ericson

can they do something now because they know about it?

No because there was no suspension or penalty in 2003 when he so called took it.
Shawn91111
2/7/09 2:55:36PM

Posted by evan9eleven

No they didnt know. People (sox fans haha) wanted to think so but there was a lot of talk of him being clean. He ripped it up in Seattle before any of this was going on.
cmb19932
2/7/09 6:45:43PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by evan9eleven

No they didnt know. People (sox fans haha) wanted to think so but there was a lot of talk of him being clean. He ripped it up in Seattle before any of this was going on.

well who was right we were sox fans hell ya
evan9eleven
2/7/09 7:37:56PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by evan9eleven

I can't remember who it was but a reporter totally aired Arod out without naming him from his Seattle days. All of the sudden Arod ballooned up and had visible side effects from the juice. I will see if I can find it somewhere but this is like 3-4 years ago.
Jackelope
2/7/09 7:57:54PM
I don't know why people don't understand how in today's sports world 70% of pros are on the juice. Especially the ones at the top of the game. This applies to almost all sports.

Just because you don't test positive doesn't mean you weren't on the juice
IriShame
2/7/09 9:20:39PM
A-Rod is the definition of what is wrong with professional sports. Quite simply, the worst thing to happen to baseball since the strike. He should be ashamed of himself and publicly apologize to every fan who has ever paid to see him play. Being from the Seattle area I have a special disdain for Alex but before this is was all in good fun. Now, I am genuinely disgusted with this cheating, arrogant, cowardly excuse for a baseball player. No wonder Jeter and him don't get along.

Also, Griffey is and always will be the ****.
FrankTheTank1181
2/8/09 4:42:32PM
Ever since they have cracked down on the steroid use in baseball, the games have become painfully boring.
tberg420
2/8/09 6:47:49PM
I usually say throw all the cheaters to the lions but there's something going on that no one is talking about. All of the test were suppose to be anonymous. 104 players tested positive and no one else's name has come up during this at all. Seems like SI is singling out A-Rod and for the 1st time ever, I'm defending a cheater. Damn, I feel nasty.

Griffey was great in Seattle but ruined plenty of Cincinnati Reds teams with his arrogant and selfish attitude. His throat slashing gesture to Jeff Brantley in Houston was distasteful and won't soon be forgotten. Good thing that the Reds got rid of him. It's not that the Reds will be better but it's that they finally might have a chance to develop some young talent without the cancer on the team.
bls1919
2/8/09 9:45:05PM
WOW its great that almost 70 % of the players in AMERICAS PAST TIME are on the JUICE. Makes me want to shite myself. BOO AROD, BOO AROD.
roadking95th
2/8/09 9:55:10PM
People care about baseball? Who knew.

Actually, I use to like Baltimore until Davey was fired.

I think the thing that stinks most about AROD is that he publically stated he never did them.
Shawn91111
2/8/09 11:18:29PM

Posted by roadking95th

People care about baseball? Who knew.

Actually, I use to like Baltimore until Davey was fired.

I think the thing that stinks most about AROD is that he publically stated he never did them.

More for me is that Arod, Clemens and Bonds are so gifted in their sport before the so called juicing. Clemens had a boat load of Cy Young awards before doing this. Bonds was the only person to hit 400 HR's and have 400 Stolen Bases. Arod was so young and gifted and to just do this after it all seems so greedy to me. You are already the best, the top tier in your job of which not many of us can say and you want even more. Its selfish
ncordless
2/9/09 12:30:29AM
Alex Roidriguez has never struck me as a classy guy. Is it just a coincidence that these gifted players with personality defects like Bonds and A-Roid are the ones juicing?

For me the more interesting story is that of the legalities behind the leak. Someone is committing a crime letting this leak. I wonder if more names will come out and if anyone is going to face some charges.
tberg420
2/9/09 12:21:16PM

Posted by ncordless

Alex Roidriguez has never struck me as a classy guy. Is it just a coincidence that these gifted players with personality defects like Bonds and A-Roid are the ones juicing?

For me the more interesting story is that of the legalities behind the leak. Someone is committing a crime letting this leak. I wonder if more names will come out and if anyone is going to face some charges.

The guy and girl who broke this story where on the Dan Patrick show today and they talked about how the players union failed to destroy the paperwork. The two said that the courts actually got the paper as it was mixed in with other test results. It's simply an error on part of the Players Union and ultimately has ruined their relationship with those respective players. That's why A-Rod said go talk to the Players Union because he knew that the crap was about to hit the fan. Also, the two writers said that the other names could be brought up in an upcoming court hearing and thus leaked to Joe Q. Public.
Hendo67
2/9/09 2:15:41PM
hahaha, A-Rod is such a skid...I'll always say that Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball.
tberg420
2/9/09 2:49:31PM

Posted by Hendo67

hahaha, A-Rod is such a skid...I'll always say that Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball.

Until you find out that he tested positive in '03 as well. A-Rod has admitted to using the drug from 01-03 and will have an interview on SportsCenter at 6pm EST on ESPN tonight.
cmill21
2/11/09 4:56:42AM
Still don't know why anyone cares. Doesn't help you hit a 100mph slider. Is it really cheating if everyone does it? Also aren't you guys pissed that your paying for all of these guys to sit and be asked questions by a panel of old men? If the Canadian gov't spent time on something like this I would be pissed! Free Barry!
Shawn91111
2/11/09 5:32:59AM

Posted by cmill21

Still don't know why anyone cares. Doesn't help you hit a 100mph slider. Is it really cheating if everyone does it? Also aren't you guys pissed that your paying for all of these guys to sit and be asked questions by a panel of old men? If the Canadian gov't spent time on something like this I would be pissed! Free Barry!

I agree to a point. I dont know much about the PED's and I dont know how long they have been around, but if they had been around in the 30's and 40's and such and available im sure they would have been used as well. Players in the 60's and 70's took speed, greenies and such.

The game has evolved so much in the past 30 years with different things such as. First, pitchers throw harder, allowing for more distance when players make contact. Second, fields are smaller, allowing for more homeruns. Third, because of expansion, the pitching is extremely watered down and allows for good players to pad their stats against weaker competition. Fourth, bats design is 100% different than just 30 years ago. They are lighter, harder, and much easier to whip through the zone. Fifth, the balls are wound tighter, allowing them to travel further. Sixth, players make more money, they don't need offseason jobs, concentrate more on physical conditioning and honing their swings, and they players have better mechanics than 30-40 years ago. Seventh, video tape/DVD/Computer technology allow players to view instant pitch charts, instant swing analysis, etc,etc, etc.
Aether
2/11/09 7:57:48AM

Posted by Hendo67

hahaha... you said poo holes.
pv3Hpv3p
2/11/09 9:13:08AM
I think he did the right thing in standing up and admitting to his wrong doings... I think it's pretty clear to see... If you look at the "culture" of baseball back then (a lot of users) and the fact that he was a 19 y/o 1st overall draft pick; which is a position that'll come with a whole heap of pressure... It's really not too surprising...

I always think of myself as a 18, 19, 20 y/o kid and the mistakes that I made... It's part of being a man, and just because you're a good baseball player doesn't make you exempt from that aspect of maturing into an adult... IMO
emfleek
2/11/09 9:29:35AM
I don't even care anymore. A good chunk of players were on the juice. A good chunk of players are STILL on the juice. It's not going to change. There will always be something that can't be detected and players will always try to stay one step ahead. I'm fine with it. I pay to be entertained. Bring it.

However...spare me the apologies AFTER you're outed. He's not sorry he did it. He's sorry that he got caught.