Armbar Questions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Armbar Questions
ninjachicken
9/14/07 5:19:26PM
I sterted BJJ about two months ago, we started grappling the other day. My friend put me into like 3 armbars and before he even started putting the pressure on i was tapping. I have broke my arms so many times before this and i was unable to walk for 18 months i was in a wheelchair and on cruthes. Does anyone no why i tap so easily or if i could streach it out to be able to not tap so soon if there are any ways you no of please tell me.
hotrodttt
9/14/07 5:50:48PM
Armbars are wickidly effective , I tapped my buddy with 1 in 2 seconds
ghosted3
9/14/07 6:01:40PM
Stretching is good, warm up nicely before you roll, and if you have some friends that know how to apply an armbar properly, ask them if they could put you in one and slowly apply and just stretch it out. Also you could have the fear factor down too. Since you have had so many injuries before you might be kind of psyched out a bit, once your body gets use to it everything should be cool.
postman
9/14/07 8:02:30PM

Posted by ghosted3

Stretching is good, warm up nicely before you roll, and if you have some friends that know how to apply an armbar properly, ask them if they could put you in one and slowly apply and just stretch it out. Also you could have the fear factor down too. Since you have had so many injuries before you might be kind of psyched out a bit, once your body gets use to it everything should be cool.

If you are going to let someone put one on you and stretch be sure you trust them. Once they have you in it its over and damage can be inflicted. If I get put in one I usualy tap quick even before it hurts cause you know its going to happen there is no sense in hurting yourself training.
ghosted3
9/14/07 10:34:17PM
Ya, thats why I said friends, because you would expect them to not try to hurt you. Plus explain to them to not really apply too much pressure that you want to find out your limits and your ability to stretch.
loonytnt
9/14/07 11:24:44PM
i teach BBJ and im happy to see you tapin sooner then later, a lot of guys try and be tought and get there arm hurt, the more mat time you get the more bars and chocks will not hurt as much, keep it up
Vendetta
9/15/07 1:50:35PM
It's fine. I wouldn't push it on the armbar, but your training partners should be SLOWLY increasing the pressure of any sub to allow you ample time to tap out anyway.
hado3
10/31/07 1:44:14PM
u said u have broken your arm so many times before that you couldnt walk for 18 months.

do u walks on your hands or something
bayonetxwork
11/2/07 9:52:38AM

Posted by postman

Posted by ghosted3

If you are going to let someone put one on you and stretch be sure you trust them. Once they have you in it its over and damage can be inflicted. If I get put in one I usualy tap quick even before it hurts cause you know its going to happen there is no sense in hurting yourself training.

Thats exactly what I tell people. Tap, restart, and make sure no one gets hurt training.