arm hurts after

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » arm hurts after
justsaygo
9/1/08 6:06:35PM
Alright so a couple months ago me and my friends were hangin out at a club where they have an arcade game that you punch as hard as u can in order to score the most points..I must have hit that thing 30 times and ever since that night my arm right where it bends has been really sore..I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what to do about it..they were hooks if it matters
SmileR
9/1/08 6:47:52PM
if its actually months i'd g the Dr's and get it checked out man. A few guys i train with often get something called a brutus (I'm not sure if thats right or not) elbow or something it happens a lot when your arm isn't set up properly for the impact of repeated punches.
It can stiffen up you're whole arm for months and eventually cause your elbow joints to weaken and break. I'm not really very good at advice so I'd wait for one of the guys with the trainer badges for the real advice but if I'd seriously think about getting it checked out.

Hope it gets better anyway.
Omega
9/1/08 6:48:01PM
It's called tennis elbow. Those machines offer no resistance and you throw your arm out as fast as you can but there's nothing to stop you except your own body mass. Takes about 6 months to fully heal depending upon the damage you've done. Go back to your normal routine it'll be fine.
justsaygo
9/1/08 6:53:08PM
thanks guys appreciate it
bayonetxwork
9/1/08 8:55:39PM
sounds like you just hyperextended it.
Jackelope
9/1/08 9:03:58PM
LOL this is why these damn things have warning labels on them usually.

Omega knows his shit where training is concerned, so I'd heed that post for sure.
Rush
9/1/08 9:07:38PM
If it hurts when you tough the inside of your elbow, that is your MCL and it usually means you sprained it. If it's been hurting for months you either really sprained it bad and/or you reinjured it.
Omega
9/3/08 2:37:51AM

Posted by Rush

If it hurts when you tough the inside of your elbow, that is your MCL and it usually means you sprained it. If it's been hurting for months you either really sprained it bad and/or you reinjured it.

Um...no......I think you've been drinking to much catnip rush. The MCL is in the Knee. I think you mean the ulnar collateral ligament.
Rush
9/3/08 9:17:21AM

Posted by Omega

Um...no......I think you've been drinking to much catnip rush. The MCL is in the Knee. I think you mean the ulnar collateral ligament.

There is also a medial collateral ligament in the elbow.

Similarly, there is an ACL in the knee area and an AC ligament in the shoulder. Only they stand for different things.
Omega
9/3/08 12:02:02PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Omega

There is also a medial collateral ligament in the elbow.

Similarly, there is an ACL in the knee area and an AC ligament in the shoulder. Only they stand for different things.

If there is then the doctor I asked to clarify this post is wrong. I think you may be confusing terms as I did originally.
Rush
9/3/08 12:18:15PM
It may officially be UCL, but medial just means inner, so I don't see anything incorrect about calling it an MCL of the elbow.
Omega
9/4/08 4:06:56PM

Posted by Rush

It may officially be UCL, but medial just means inner, so I don't see anything incorrect about calling it an MCL of the elbow.

Which is what she told me "Medial means inner so he could be referring to as such".
The-Don
9/6/08 11:11:29AM

Posted by Omega

Posted by Rush

Which is what she told me "Medial means inner so he could be referring to as such".

who cares

my advice.. don't do that again.. see a doctor if it is not getting better.. "Tennis elbow" can last a long time... if your training stress proper form.. so you don't agrvate is futher... but see a doctor first incase it is something worse...
haggiswashere
9/10/08 5:13:03PM
I would listen to omega. he always knows his shit. i'm no doctor so i don't know which one of you is right but omega is an actual trainer and a former pro competiter so listen to him about it.