Arlovski Vs Werdum, what do you think?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Arlovski Vs Werdum, what do you think?
« Previous Page
hippysmacker
3/17/07 5:18:00PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

The following is taken from extremeprosports.com!

'after a submission loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, a match that he was clearly winning before hitting the canvas with the Brazilian, Mirko Cro Cop severed ties with then grappling coach Mike Bencic and began training with Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Black Belt, Fabricio Werdum. Since then, his ground game has clearly improved ten-fold.'

No doubt Werdums stand-up has improved significantly aswell! I think hes gonna be a top-contender in the division, but i still dont see the UFCs strategy in giving him Arlovski in his debut fight!

I agree. Unless their plan is to have the winner of this fight go up against the winner of Cro-cop/Randy. Cro-cop still has to beat Gonzaga, which I think he will, and remain uninjured. If Cro-cop should win and get injured, this gives the winner of this fight a chance to still fight Randy. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, but I think they should showcase Werdum more to the casual fan.
kerazzle
3/17/07 5:26:35PM
arlovski by UD
johny_rotten
3/17/07 6:07:09PM
Werdum by submission in the 2nd maybe 3rd. Fabricio ground game is on level the UFC's HWs have never seen. For most of the fight he was controlling the ground game against Big Nog.
ryderstrong69
3/17/07 11:17:14PM
im looking forward to this fight
randyleprechaun
3/18/07 10:21:47AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree. Unless their plan is to have the winner of this fight go up against the winner of Cro-cop/Randy. Cro-cop still has to beat Gonzaga, which I think he will, and remain uninjured. If Cro-cop should win and get injured, this gives the winner of this fight a chance to still fight Randy. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, but I think they should showcase Werdum more to the casual fan.

I agree. What i dont get is if in a few months Cro Cop wins the Title, and Werdum defeats the top contenders, we'll have a situation, where the no1 and no2 guys wont fight as they are training partners!
johny_rotten
3/18/07 11:17:14AM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree. What i dont get is if in a few months Cro Cop wins the Title, and Werdum defeats the top contenders, we'll have a situation, where the no1 and no2 guys wont fight as they are training partners!

That may not be true. During the OWGP last year, that both Cro Cop and Fabricio were a part of, Werdum went to Brazil and trained with out Cro Cop. Just in case they faced each other.
randyleprechaun
3/18/07 3:44:19PM

That may not be true. During the OWGP last year, that both Cro Cop and Fabricio were a part of, Werdum went to Brazil and trained with out Cro Cop. Just in case they faced each other.

I didnt know that! I highly doubt they'll fight anyway, unless the public, and more importantly the UFC wants it to happen!

Out of curiosity has the UFC ever had two non-americans compete in a title match? I know for a fact it hasnt happened in recent years! The tournaments dont count!
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/18/07 4:10:24PM
Werdum doesnt train with CC anymore and is willing to fight him.
somethingclever
3/18/07 5:53:11PM
AA by KO.

WAR Arlovski!!
jaba
3/19/07 1:40:51AM
Arlovski needs too work on stuffin the takedowns, shuvin off the clinch, and just lettin his hands fly.
hathcock32
3/19/07 3:56:28AM
Arlovski- 1 rd devastating KO
tomp6581
3/19/07 6:14:53AM
Im really looking forward to this fight, which is by far the best fight (on paper) of the night.......both ranked HW fighters.........great striker V great grappler.......even though I wouldnt be suprised if Arlovski won....I have picked Werdum. He has trained with Mirko so should be prepared for a big striker.......but it is really close.
shogunassassin
3/19/07 6:34:31AM

Posted by Stickan

Good match-up. I think Werdum takes it by sub.

Absolutely.

I can see it now - arlovski backing away, trying leg kicks, eventually gets pinned to the fence in a clinch. taken to the ground, his game plan rendered useless.

Werdum gets arm bar.
sinister_16
4/8/08 10:04:11AM
it would be a good fight hard to say who would win
npayant
4/8/08 11:06:18AM

Posted by sinister_16

it would be a good fight hard to say who would win

This fight happened a LONG time ago.... you must have gone back pretty far to find this thread...

why is this happening a lot this morning???
Pages: 1 [2]