arlovski vs vera....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » arlovski vs vera....
POLL: Who would win?
Vera 47% (20)
Arlovski 53% (23)
xchickox
7/30/07 8:06:24PM
.....if it happens what does everyone think?

i think vera would take this, he is way too quick for arlovski
warglory
7/30/07 8:16:16PM
Brandon Vera will eliminate Arlovski fairly easy I think, IF Vera has no ring rust.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/30/07 8:23:09PM
Vera....i dont really think its the quickness,as Arlovski is just as quick if not quicker,but i think Vera is just all around more well rounded and has a wide range of tools he can use against Arlovski.Vera's reach and explosiveness will give Arlovski problems also IMO..Similar to when he fought Sylvia the 3rd time,but possibly Vera stopping him.

Arlovski is a 1 trick pony and fighters are aware of that.....no way a fighter as smart as Vera will get caught by that overhand right by Arlovski.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/30/07 8:25:55PM

Posted by warglory

Brandon Vera will eliminate Arlovski fairly easy I think, IF Vera has no ring rust.

If xchickox voted Vera...and i voted Vera....why is it 2 vera and 1 Arlovski?

or did he not vote?
xchickox
7/30/07 9:14:58PM
i voted vera
peachfuzzz1305
7/30/07 9:15:41PM
VERA ' S QUICKNESS ????????

Arlovski is the fasest heavyweight there is

And I think AA would knock Vera OUT

THANKS

DYLAN
junkie1
7/30/07 9:51:51PM
KTFO
JWils
7/30/07 9:57:59PM
Man, this fight will be awesome.... IF we see the old explosive Arlovski

He just hasn't fought the same since Sylvia caught him during their 2nd fight.

IMO, Vera is a more well rounded fighter and I think his Muay Thai skills will be the difference.

Looking forward to this one though. I'm a fan of both guys.
MMA
7/30/07 9:59:07PM
Arlovski is not a one trick pony. People are getting caught up with the hype surrounding Vera and the bad performance Arlovski had against Werdum. Vera has yet to fight an opponent as dangerous as Arlovski.
Twenty20Dollars
7/30/07 10:02:12PM
I dont see any hype on Vera besides that he is undefeated, but hasnt been tested with any opponents.
k_lup07
7/30/07 10:04:33PM
Im on vera's dick
the-james
7/30/07 10:22:27PM
Well Vera"s chin has never been tested before so i think Arlovski could catch him and put him to sleep, but Vera is a very crafty fighter and if Andrei expects to come out with his normal double jab straight right combo he throws over and over mixed in with a few leg kicks and doesnt mix it up Brandon will probably punish him with combos and knees, but with that being said we have never seen Vera against top competition and Arlovski is surtainly that. Plus its hard to tell how Vera will come in to competition after a year lay off he could come in real timid and not want to mix it up or maybe he will come in too anxious and step in to a Arlovski haymaker and make it a short night, and we dont know how seriously he has been training over the past year and if he he will be in shape or will be forced to get back into shape wich could hamper his performance. One thing we do know is that Arlovski will most likely come in hungery to impress after lossing a title shot oppertunity because of his timid perfromance against Werdum and if Vera comes looking to push the pace it wil be a fight to remember. So with all that said im undecided on who would take this fight it could go either way, im just hoping this fight happens.
cmill21
7/30/07 10:26:15PM
Arlovski won't be able to be tentitive, and I think he'll be able to capitalize on vera's ring rust.
Kastro
7/31/07 1:23:34AM
Would be a great fight, I like Vera I think he has a good chance of coming out on top but Arlovski is a beast and Vera does have ring rust.. cant underestimate Vera though he is a solid striker.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/31/07 1:32:05AM

Posted by MMA

Arlovski is not a one trick pony. People are getting caught up with the hype surrounding Vera and the bad performance Arlovski had against Werdum. Vera has yet to fight an opponent as dangerous as Arlovski.

What hype?? I just know a good fighter when i see one.....i dont need the media to tell me how good Vera is.

Arlovski is not a 1 trick pony?... he didnt even try for a takedown in the Sylvia fight even though he knew he was behind and getting picked apart on the feet.,so im not just judging him on 1 bad performance with Werdum

I like Arlovski,but i dont see him beating a well rounded striker like Vera.

Stickan
7/31/07 1:40:30AM
Vera by submission after getting hurt, then hurting Arlovski back with strikes (probably knees). Probably a basic finishing submission like the RNC or the guillotine.
Scott_Revels
7/31/07 2:24:31AM
This is one of those fights, that i'm not looking forward too, because I personally don't like either guy. Andrei in my opinion is a boring fighter, and the Werdum fight didn't help that belief. Vera on the other hand, can be fun to watch, but he's a moron. Beat someone like Andrei, and then a Sylvia/Cro Cop/Nogueira, and then come talking for that kind've money. I don't think there will even be a splash in the UFC Heavyweight Division, with a win from either one in this one. Both will still be looked at as a "Top" guy, but most likely won't be seeing a title shot.
ac_gi
7/31/07 2:43:32AM
Arlovski will be a different test for Vera. This isn't Fabiano Scherner that Vera will be fighting here. Arlovski has speed and quickness that will push Vera the way he hasn't been pushed in a fight to date. That is, if Arlovski comes to fight.

Vera is undersized for a HW and I think that will be his demise in this fight. I believe Arlovski will bully Vera with his size and athleticism. I can see Vera geating beatdown then announcing he is moving to LH.
waylon_o
7/31/07 10:21:21AM
I'm going with Arlovski in this one IF it's the wild bushy beard and chest-haired Arlsovski. If it's the shaved, suit-wearing Arlovski, he's going down. The Animal Arlovski is absolutely one of my favorite fighters. The metro-sexual Arlovski is not.
MMA
7/31/07 1:00:44PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder
What hype?? I just know a good fighter when i see one.....i dont need the media to tell me how good Vera is.

Arlovski is not a 1 trick pony?... he didnt even try for a takedown in the Sylvia fight even though he knew he was behind and getting picked apart on the feet.,so im not just judging him on 1 bad performance with Werdum

I am not sure of the exact details but I think Arlovski hurt his leg early one in the 3rd fight with Sylvia preventing him from shooting for the TD and using his effective footwork, etc.

You are saying there is no hype surrounding Vera, are you serious? I am not a Vera hater and I love watching his fights, but the fact still remains that he has no wins over any top fighters in the heavyweight division (Mir is not a top fighter).

Again, Vera has never been tested yet so I don't know why everyone is making him out to be this great fighter (hell, I even heard some people say that Vera could take on Fedor in a year). If Vera fights Arlovski and beats him, then I will take back what I said, but not until then.
Mastodon2
7/31/07 1:06:21PM
This is a really tough one, I wouldnt be able decide definitively until I saw Arlovksi walking down to the ring. If he has that fire in his eyes, he would destroy Vera, The Pitbull is absolutely devastating, he would shred Vera!

However, Arlovski is looking more "Poodle" than "Pitbull" atm, so given Arlovski's current shakey state, I think that Vera could just take him down and submit him. However, If this fight happens, it will be some way off yet, Arlovski has plenty of time to try and get his edge back.

I voted Vera, because if they fought tomorrow I think Vera could win, as long as his time out hasnt given him bad ring rust, but given another 4 or 5 Months Arlovski could become a monster again.
pv3Hpv3p
7/31/07 2:48:12PM
Vera will be looking for a TD this whole fight... He will not want to stand with Andrei... AA seems to be settling into the "counterpunchers" role, and if Vera came in aggresively, it's lights out for Brandon... Not only is Vera smaller and weaker than Arlovski, he doesn't have a speed advantage either like he would with other large HVY's...

As for Andrei's ground game vs Vera's, he's a combat Sambo champ and while he doesn't use it much his ground game is more than respectable.

Arlovski by brutal right hand KO, and Vera moves to LHW
CornishMMA
7/31/07 2:56:09PM
This fight should and hopefully will be the #1 contender fight, cos Nog wasnt impressive enough to get the next one really, and even if CC beats Kongo he would still have to beat another top guy to get that shot

I dunno i kinda feel like picking Vera is frowned upon as tuf noobishness but they are both really fast and being smaller im calling Vera as being faster, and he is more dynamic with those sick kicks, the only worry is ring rust but im pretty sure id pick and wager on Brandon
Aries2343
7/31/07 2:58:09PM
Arlovski knock out Vera could win though
kaduey
7/31/07 2:59:44PM

Posted by the-james

Well Vera"s chin has never been tested before so i think Arlovski could catch him and put him to sleep, but Vera is a very crafty fighter and if Andrei expects to come out with his normal double jab straight right combo he throws over and over mixed in with a few leg kicks and doesnt mix it up Brandon will probably punish him with combos and knees, but with that being said we have never seen Vera against top competition and Arlovski is surtainly that. Plus its hard to tell how Vera will come in to competition after a year lay off he could come in real timid and not want to mix it up or maybe he will come in too anxious and step in to a Arlovski haymaker and make it a short night, and we dont know how seriously he has been training over the past year and if he he will be in shape or will be forced to get back into shape wich could hamper his performance. One thing we do know is that Arlovski will most likely come in hungery to impress after lossing a title shot oppertunity because of his timid perfromance against Werdum and if Vera comes looking to push the pace it wil be a fight to remember. So with all that said im undecided on who would take this fight it could go either way, im just hoping this fight happens.

Vera chin has been tested against Assuerio Silva. Silva wobbled Vera befire he got caught with the Guillotine. I think everyone is falling for the hype that Vera has built up for himself. Personally I think Vera looked impressive in one performance, and that was a very fat Frank Mir. Arlovski will finish him within 3 minutes of the first.
slapshot
7/31/07 2:59:53PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by MMA

Vera is so well rounded they cant find any fighter in the top ten to fight him so he has been stuck fighting cans right? AA would take him to school. all in all he's beat a few good fighters but thats about it.
cowcatcher
7/31/07 3:02:57PM

Posted by CornishMMA

This fight should and hopefully will be the #1 contender fight, cos Nog wasnt impressive enough to get the next one really, and even if CC beats Kongo he would still have to beat another top guy to get that shot

I dunno i kinda feel like picking Vera is frowned upon as tuf noobishness but they are both really fast and being smaller im calling Vera as being faster, and he is more dynamic with those sick kicks, the only worry is ring rust but im pretty sure id pick and wager on Brandon

i think if we dont hear something about there being a #1 contender match it means that the ufc is banking on having fedor face the randy/GG winner. it wouldnt surprise me at all to see fedor in attendance, and come into the octagon to be announced as the next opponent for the winner. then again the last time they announced a match as a #1 contender match they had to retract it due to the poor performances by AA and werdum.
mkiv9secsupra
7/31/07 3:42:26PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Arlovski is a 1 trick pony and fighters are aware of that.....no way a fighter as smart as Vera will get caught by that overhand right by Arlovski.

so basically being a sambo champ and an even better kickboxer means hes a one trick pony? wow i guess Shogun is too since hes only a great muay thai and bjj practicioner.....oh wait dont forget gsp, and nogueira, and rampage, etc....
papercut
7/31/07 3:55:04PM
Arlovski would take this one brandon's good but, he's not ready for Arlovski. Vera will get KTFO
SpiderSilva
7/31/07 6:50:09PM
this fight would end with AA KOing Vera in the 2nd rd