Arlovski Title Shot?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Arlovski Title Shot?
Lay_N_Pray
4/18/07 5:06:58PM
According to Dana White the plan is to have Arlovski get a title shot if he beats Werdum?

I just dont see why a heavweight contenders match would take place right now with a heavyweight title fight still in the waiting. I think if Arlovski wins the layover will be to long for him. I would rather this match be a rankings match and whoever wins this could possibly fight the winner of Nog/Vera if that is going down.

What do you think?
AchillesHeel
4/18/07 5:38:58PM
I noticed that White didn't say that the winner of Arlovski-Werdum will get a title shot, only that Arlovski will, if he wins. My guess is that they would give him a "can" for a warmup fight.
methodman_90
4/18/07 6:37:30PM
Werdum should have at least 1 more fight before a title shot if he wins and Arlovski could be made a star again if he wins or possibly winning the title again. I think Arlovski derserves it and also the fact that alot people wanna see Crocop vs. Arlovski or Randy vs. Arlovski, so it will pull PPV buys.
Mastodon2
4/18/07 6:43:06PM
I dunno is AA is totally ready for another title shot yet, but if he beats Werdum he should prove his worth. I doubt he will get it again though, at least not until CC / Fedor retire (assuming that fedor probably will join UFC) because I dont think AA will ever be good enough to hang with those two guys. Id give him a better chance against Nogueira, but I think Nog could still sub him.
hook_tothe_body
4/18/07 6:47:11PM

Posted by methodman_90

Werdum should have at least 1 more fight before a title shot if he wins and Arlovski could be made a star again if he wins or possibly winning the title again. I think Arlovski derserves it and also the fact that alot people wanna see Crocop vs. Arlovski or Randy vs. Arlovski, so it will pull PPV buys.

Exatly. I hate when any fighter comes in an their first or second fight is for a title. It just doesn't seem right.

Randy/Arlovski would be a really good fight. Arlovski is a lot bigger than Randy and just as fast if not faster. I think Arlovski might even be able to get the TKO. But you can never count Randy out, of course. Would be a good fight.

Arlovski/Cro Cop would just be a stand up war, until someone got hit flush with a punch and goes down. I think Cro Cop would land the shot first, but Arlovski has punchers chance.
JBatch
4/18/07 7:18:33PM
If Arlovski wins and is granted a title shot after CC/Gonzaga winner gets his he would need a fight in the interim, unless he is busy with filming the Movie "Never Submit".

I would love to see Arlovski vs. Couture/CC/Gonzaga all would be great but overlooking Werdum could be very costly, he needs 100% focus on this fight.

CC vs. AA has been one of my top 3 fights I've wanted to see since I started watching and following MMA seriously.

#1 fight I would like to see if Shogun vs. Liddell
hippysmacker
4/18/07 9:19:58PM
IF Arlovski beats Werdum, and it's a 50/50 shot to me, than I'm fine with it. If Werdum beats Arlovski, I'm fine with him getting a shot as well. However, I would like to see Cro-cop/Arlovski more than most other dream matches. 2 fastest HVY'S IMO.
awechet
4/18/07 11:54:36PM
AA vs CC would be sweet but where does Big Tim fit into this? Tim beats AA twice, then Jeff, then loses to Randy . AA loses to Tim twice beats Cruz and if he beats Werdum gets a title shot. Kinda dont seem the logic in that other than big PPV buys. Dont get me wrong I'm not a huge Tim fan but he really is gettin the shaft in this. Tim should fight Big Nog and that winner should get a title shot. But like I said AA vs CC would be sweet thats if CC beats the next two opponents
MMA117
4/19/07 12:31:07AM

Posted by awechet

AA vs CC would be sweet but where does Big Tim fit into this? Tim beats AA twice, then Jeff, then loses to Randy . AA loses to Tim twice beats Cruz and if he beats Werdum gets a title shot. Kinda dont seem the logic in that other than big PPV buys. Dont get me wrong I'm not a huge Tim fan but he really is gettin the shaft in this. Tim should fight Big Nog and that winner should get a title shot. But like I said AA vs CC would be sweet thats if CC beats the next two opponents

+Dana hates tim he wont make it easy for him to win they want an exciting champ not someone who fights to keep a belt, AA is way mor marketable thats what it all falls on
poll77
4/19/07 12:31:09AM

Posted by awechet

hell yeah let him fight big nog then he'll get smoked again and may be out of the picture for a while
JBatch
4/19/07 1:44:20AM
I thought there was a rumour that Big Tim is fighting Frank Mir next??

And I think they may give Nog a guy like Tom Murphy or Jake O'Brien first. I would love to see Nog work on O'Brien a guy with hardly any stand-up. O'Brien would have to choose if he would rather be KO of the night or submission of the night.
methodman_90
4/19/07 4:59:01PM

Posted by JBatch

I thought there was a rumour that Big Tim is fighting Frank Mir next??

And I think they may give Nog a guy like Tom Murphy or Jake O'Brien first. I would love to see Nog work on O'Brien a guy with hardly any stand-up. O'Brien would have to choose if he would rather be KO of the night or submission of the night.

Dana said himself that Nog will not have a easy fight for his 1st appearence. There is still rumour of Vera fight Nog which would be a great fight. Me 2 would like to see Nog bang up on O'brien lol