Arlovski's gonna do some traing at Team Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Arlovski's gonna do some traing at Team Jackson
StorminYourman
10/9/09 6:33:47PM
Andrei Arlovski is set to visit Greg Jackson’s MMA Academy in Albuquerque, N.M., for a 10-day training camp in the coming weeks.

The former UFC heavyweight champion will be joined by his jiu-jitsu instructor Dino Costeas and will continue his primary training under the Team Pitbull moniker out of Chicago. However, the former sambo champion is hoping to pick up some new skills from Jackson, his staff and his formidable stable of athletes to rebound from back-to-back knockout losses.

more here
prozacnation1978
10/9/09 7:34:32PM
i don't know how many skills he can pick up in 10 days only
but i do think say a 6 week camp with him might help
BustedKnuckle
10/9/09 8:24:46PM
Andrie is moving in the right direction, and i personally am pumped to see him fight MMA again. Glad to seeing boxing is in his rearview mirror. But i agree 10 days isnt much time to absorb a lot. Can you imagine if he trained with Jackson extensivly!!?? The master of gamplanning could keep him out of trouble standing improving his footwork and the sky would be the limit. sorry for the rant i'm a bit of a AA nuthugger
postman
10/9/09 9:13:57PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i don't know how many skills he can pick up in 10 days only
but i do think say a 6 week camp with him might help

You would be suprised these guys know so much that picking new stuff up comes pretty easy. It will be small things little adjustments.
KoldKhaos
10/9/09 9:24:35PM
He's still not gonna get back to the AA of old so what does it matter.
Gogoplatapus
10/9/09 11:06:02PM
No sparring with Leonard Garcia, would hate for AA to get KTFO in training.
warglory
10/10/09 1:51:15AM

Posted by KoldKhaos

He's still not gonna get back to the AA of old so what does it matter.

The AA of old? You mean that guy that had Fedor's card earlier this year, and then beat two of the IFL's best prior to that? Come on man. Arlovski now would destroy the Arlovski of "old." Many speak like you, but the opinion you hold is a myth.
jae_1833
10/10/09 2:39:13AM
Fedor shut him down for sure but AA has improved his game definately. I think moving camps is exactly what he needs, and he needs to do it permanantly if he wants to see lasting results!
EliasG
10/10/09 3:29:39AM
He is an outstanding athlete. He fought too soon after gettting KO'd and concussed by Fedor. In MMA fighters often fight hard fights too soon. AA needed to fight someone without KO power, build his ocnfidence and then learn how to use his jab and head movement.