Arlovski vs. Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Arlovski vs. Fedor
chickmagnet
7/25/08 5:56:45PM
This fight is official, go to mmajunkie to see. This is a dream matchup and i am a huge fedor fan but i am also an Arlovski fan, I want Andrei to win, WAR PITBULL!!!! He has the power and he fought like the old Andrei against Rothwell and I belive he has the ability to beat Fedor.

Thoughts?
Gipper
7/25/08 6:05:34PM
in my mind this is one of the biggest fights in the history of mma. arlovski and couture are my favorite hw's and i have the most respect for fedor then any other fighter ever. i think arlovski has a better chance to beat fedor then couture.
mrkennedy
7/25/08 6:11:37PM
i want arlovski to win but IMO fedor gone a demolish him
Bowen50
7/25/08 6:37:22PM
i think it'll be longer than 36 seconds but Fedor will end up winning
juanez13
7/25/08 6:43:27PM
I think besides Barnett, Arlovski is the biggest threat to Fedor.

Should be a great fight.
mkiv9secsupra
7/25/08 6:45:06PM
I hope to hell Arlovski uses that right hand to KO Fedor but i think Fedor will wear AA down and submit him in the third. But wouldnt it tear up the rankings if AA wins?!
DiabloFreak56
7/25/08 6:46:13PM
it will last longer than tim but end in the first round imo
casey64
7/25/08 6:49:41PM
I would love to see Arlovski win but I dont think he will.
Jason-plata
7/25/08 7:00:40PM
FEDOR by murder in 1st rd.
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/08 7:17:16PM
Arlovski for the win.
postman
7/25/08 7:36:52PM
I think AA could give him a run but right now there is no way I will chalk up a loss for Fedor. I am picking that guy till he losses.
Mchubb316
7/25/08 7:43:56PM
At this point I don't see AA beating Fedor, or any other HW for that matter. Fedor will win this fight in the first, by however he feels like it on that night.
Ordep
7/25/08 11:40:45PM
IMO- Arlovski has more chances than other HWs at Fedor because he is faster than most of the other possible opponents, and as I always said, Fedor's best skill are his explosiveness and speed. Arlovskis migh have good reactions to Fedor attacks but I don't think he'll do good to take the decision or finish him. I'll pick Fedor 2nd Rd. Sub.
masodd
7/25/08 11:57:03PM
Fedor dominates and finishes him in the first
The_Ho_Bag
7/26/08 12:14:51AM
WAR AA

i dont really like fedor, hes great and everything but i like AA better =) WAR any1 who beats fedor =)
jomatty
7/26/08 10:26:55AM
other than some freak knockout i dont see how aa win this one...there is no area that he is better than fedor. maybe he catches him with a big right hand but it would be a huge upset. i wouldnt bet aa at anything less than around +950 or so...
Pitbull09
7/26/08 2:38:03PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I hope to hell Arlovski uses that right hand to KO Fedor but i think Fedor will wear AA down and submit him in the third. But wouldnt it tear up the rankings if AA wins?!

Almost any fighter beating Fedor kills the rankings. Also I think it would be worse if AA did it cause most ppl on here underestimate him and pretty much have labeled him out of the Top 5. Any fit HW is good in my book, they are exciting to see when they destroy guys 30 lbs their size.

Anyway, AA and Fedor both have Sambo backrounds. I see this mostly being bad for AA as Fedor is no doubt better at Sambo. On the other hand, maybe AA will be able to defend better having a similar style and keep it standing. Even from there, idk if AA could out-strike Fedor but thats prob what the gameplan will be
BlueSkiesBurn
7/26/08 7:51:59PM
You know, all this mention of arlovski having possible better standup is a bunch of nonesense, this is like the fourth thread I've read that. Under no circumstances is there even a remote possibility that AA has better standup than Fedor. You all saw what Fedor did to Timmmayyyy! and Sylvia has owned Arlovski which included the standup game. Fedor can knock people out as well as submit them, obviously, both practice sambo. But with Fedor being vastly superior in that area as well. This is a horrible matchup for arlovski, he's basically fighter a way better version of himself. Now, this isn't fighter bashing I love AA and was way excited when he knocked out Big Ben, I thought finally the return of the old AA, but this is just not a good matchup. I'm going to agree with whomever said Fedor will win by what ever way he chooses. I do hope it is a war though and not a 36 second fight like Fedor's last fight.
The-Don
7/28/08 5:22:43PM
Yea I like AA as well.. I am not a huge fan.. but I have nothing against him.. but a good point was made.. Fedor is better then him in every skill set they have and they have basicly an identical skill set.. WHy I think Fedor is so much better is the mental game.. I have yet to see a fighter right before the bell rings to start round one that does not have an experssion on thier face of "What did I get myself into" not that they are all scared but that they realize the bell is about to ring and Fedor is on the opther side.. Choi I think looked down right scared.. Tim seemed to almost be in awe that he was across from Fedor..

A question I want to ask.. Does AA still compete in Sambo and if so have him and Fedor ever faced off in a Sambo match..???

Yea I think Fedor is going to win.. but if AA prepares properly.. I think this might be a damn good fight to watch and not the school yard beat down fedor gave Tim.

If anyone Beats Fedor it is going to be a shake up in the HW rankings... Not saying that person will be #1 but that person would move up far.. Imagine someone like Brock or Kimbo beating Fedor in a fluke win... Think of how that would mess up the rankings.. not that I think either could... I'd give kimbo a -1000 chance of winning and brock a very slim one just due to size and power... skill he is not even in the same league as Fedor.. and I like Brock..
Pitbull09
7/29/08 2:31:57AM

Posted by The-Don
If anyone Beats Fedor it is going to be a shake up in the HW rankings... Not saying that person will be #1 but that person would move up far.. Imagine someone like Brock or Kimbo beating Fedor in a fluke win... Think of how that would mess up the rankings.. not that I think either could... I'd give kimbo a -1000 chance of winning and brock a very slim one just due to size and power... skill he is not even in the same league as Fedor.. and I like Brock..

Thats why they should never be able to fight Fedor. They are not worth to be in the same ring/ cage
sparky
7/29/08 7:58:29PM
both fedor and andrei are in my top ten so this one is very difficult for me i like both of these guys....to be honest i think andrei is the best match up in the world right now for fedor....but i truely believe he isnt gunna beable to handle the last emperor............. i think arlovski will make it to the 3rd!!!!

im goin wit fedor / 3rd rd / ko-tko
SmileR
8/2/08 12:15:35AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You know, all this mention of arlovski having possible better standup is a bunch of nonesense, this is like the fourth thread I've read that. Under no circumstances is there even a remote possibility that AA has better standup than Fedor. You all saw what Fedor did to Timmmayyyy! and Sylvia has owned Arlovski which included the standup game. Fedor can knock people out as well as submit them, obviously, both practice sambo. But with Fedor being vastly superior in that area as well. This is a horrible matchup for arlovski, he's basically fighter a way better version of himself. Now, this isn't fighter bashing I love AA and was way excited when he knocked out Big Ben, I thought finally the return of the old AA, but this is just not a good matchup. I'm going to agree with whomever said Fedor will win by what ever way he chooses. I do hope it is a war though and not a 36 second fight like Fedor's last fight.

You can't be serious.... seriously man, giving Andrei no chance in the stand up is a big mistake. Fedor won a 36 second fight and you think he's seriously able to beat one of if not the best striker in the HW devision!?
Theirs probably CroCop who's better and thats all I can think of. Any others and respond an I'll tip my cap to you. Fedor is without doubt the number 1 HW but you are so one sided it unbelievable Sylvia didn't own Arlovski in any fight, the second he got caught with a sweet upper cut and flopped the third he was winning until he hurt his leg and still could have pulled a spilt decision.
Arlovski has the skills to defend Fedors Sambo on the ground and odds favor him in the stand up.
Andrei is one hell of a dangerous match up for Fedor and I'd say his biggest test since CroCop.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/2/08 2:43:15AM
After re-reading my post I really don't believe that I claimed Arlovski had no stand up chance in the fight, sir. I merely said that Fedor was a better stand up fighter. Sylvia did knock out Arlovski and I thought his stand-up was better in the rubber match. OF COURSE Arlovski has a chance in stand-up and I agree that Cro Cop is the best stand up fighter in the HW division. If we are talking pure striking ability HMC and Semmy aren't bad strikers. I would never say Arlovski doesn't stand a chance in the stand up game but Fedor has been rocked but he has great composure and recovered, obviously. I just think that Fedor has a better stand-up game than AA and a tougher jaw as I've seen AA knocked out several times and NEVER seen Fedor knocked out. I apologize if that came across as a Fedor nuthugger post. I am as excited for this fight as any true MMA fan can be. I just don't believe that he will win. I won't be pissed if he does, though. I want to see AA return to glory and a win over Fedor would CERTAINLY open up eyes. I just don't see it happening.

Cro-Cop is the best stand up fighter in the HW division Fedor has faced, NOT the best stand-up fighter.
bls1919
8/3/08 11:21:18PM
Striking in this one is even, Sambo goes to fedor. I will haved to pick Fedor TKO rnd 2
mrsmiley
8/4/08 5:33:45AM
I think it will be a great fight,but I wish this was AA vs Alexander,and Fedor VS Barnett.Those 2 fights on one card would be killer.

I say this plays out like AA/Rothwell round 2. Fedor on top of AA pounding him into submission.
soundboy1
8/6/08 10:08:10PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This may be the most interesting stylistic match-up for Fedor. I think depending on Fedor's level of respect for AA will determine the length of the fight. I mean AA looked good against Ben Rothwell. Not exactly top level competition.