where do you think Arlovski will end up?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » where do you think Arlovski will end up?
chubbud22
3/15/08 1:04:12AM
After his tiff with Dana do you think Arlovski will come back to the UFC
bls1919
3/15/08 2:11:47AM
I truely think that AA wil be back in the UFC. Arlovski wants to be on the forefront of MMA which is the UFC. AND the UFC in turn needs Arlovski to return to an anemic HW division. I look for AA to sign a 3 to 5 fight deal with the UFC soon
Jipper
3/15/08 2:35:36AM
I think he'll stay. He seems to want to stay and with Fedor and Randy not under contract to fight and Nog having already beat Tim, AA is the top guy and the UFC will want to keep him.
chubbud22
3/15/08 3:21:20AM
IMO he needs one more solid win before he deserves another title shot,but against Who? Not Sylvia again WAR ARLOVSKI
hails
3/15/08 3:43:46AM
I think he will end up in the waxing salon!!

Then he will resign with the UFC and step up and have a title shot!!!

He could beat Big Nog!!!

He has some serious knock out power in his hands!!!

I want to see him wear the belt again!!!

Dana please let him fight this time rather than keep him on ice!!!
prozacnation1978
3/15/08 11:11:34AM
after dana admitting is wrong doing , i think a deal will be done shortly, i think andre is one win away from a title shot would be nice to see him finally fight mir, but i do think andre could beat big nog
disorderlyvision
3/15/08 11:40:29AM
inside mma also mentioned something about arlovski coaching in the ifl. i dont know whats up with that. anyone else heard anything
NatedawgThaM
3/15/08 11:47:57AM
He needs to stay in the UFC or he'll suck the rest of his career. The UFC is filled with mostly grapplers and wrestlers and he has a good sprawl, so his decent striking can look godly in the UFC ala Chuck Liddell.

If he does not resign he'll go to WVR or DREAM where you have all these K-1 kickboxers going to MMA who will kill him because they can take what and he throws and he sure can't take what they throw.

But in the end I think he will resign, he just needs to get over being thrown on the undercard.
Twenty20Dollars
3/15/08 11:58:25AM
UFC.
SpiderSilva
3/15/08 1:06:39PM
Everyone is going where Fedor isbecause they want to be the top dog and the UFC wasnt letting the go so he is gonna come to them Fedor has his work cut out for him
Aaronno9
3/15/08 1:45:46PM
The ufc would be foolish to let him go. Hes still a pretty big draw and if he just signs a contract im sure he'll be back in title contention within 1-2 fights.
Mayhem13
3/15/08 2:28:28PM
I think he stays... if not I would see him in EliteXC as a second pick
keith-hackney1
3/15/08 2:57:04PM
back in russia or on his back with noguiera punching him in th head !!!
chubbud22
3/16/08 4:22:26AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He needs to stay in the UFC or he'll suck the rest of his career. The UFC is filled with mostly grapplers and wrestlers and he has a good sprawl, so his decent striking can look godly in the UFC ala Chuck Liddell.

If he does not resign he'll go to WVR or DREAM where you have all these K-1 kickboxers going to MMA who will kill him because they can take what and he throws and he sure can't take what they throw.

But in the end I think he will resign, he just needs to get over being thrown on the undercard.

You have to be kidding me yah arlovskis hands suck,he has some of the best hands in mma as a hevy weight,he would probaly go somewhere else; any where else and win a title,and to say "the ufc is filled with mostly grapplers" is moronic.
NatedawgThaM
3/16/08 12:55:16PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

You have to be kidding me yah arlovskis hands suck,he has some of the best hands in mma as a hevy weight,he would probaly go somewhere else; any where else and win a title,and to say "the ufc is filled with mostly grapplers" is moronic.

Ok let's name all the UFC Hw's.

Big Nog= Grappler/wrestler
Lesnar= Grappler/Wrestler
McCully= Grappler/Wrestler
O'Brien= Grappler/Wrestler
Gabriel Gonzaga= Grappler/Wrestler
Fabricio Werdum= Grappler/Wrestler
Brandon Vera= Grappler Wrestler, nobody start with me on this unless you actually look up Vera's history because when you do you will realize he was a wrestler learning BJJ before he ever began kickboxing.

Strikers...
Big Tim
Kongo
Arlovski
Herring
Sanchez

And AA and Tim are the only ones usually in peoples Top 10, so yeah, the UFC is filled with more grapplers the strikers, so it's not moronic it's FACT!!! Lightweight division, Almost all grapplers. Welterweight division all the top 10 are wrestlers except Davis/Alves. Light Heavyweight is mixed, but the Middleweight division is the only division hat's mostly strikers. Sorry but your argument fails.

Outside the UFC you have mostly strikers and AA was only elite when he hits and KO'd fighters before they hit him because everybody knows his chins his weakness and his strength is his well roundedness. I never said his hands suck. I just said he's suck outside the UFC because he's scared and has no fighting spirit so he won't hit first but he will get hit first and by K-1 Level kickboxers over in Japan who will then TKO/KO him. If he was aggressive like he use to be I would actually agree with you, but he's not so I can't see him holding any HW title. I think even Kimbo would KO AA because his boxing is phenominal. You just got to face the fact AA has changed and will never be the same, at least after seeing his last two fights. HE PLAYED PATTY CAKE ON JAKES FACE!!
jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 1:02:32PM

and btw i don't even think AA is a striker. he is a Sambo fighter and kickboxer so imo he is an even ix. every time he has faced a "striker" in a striking battle he has been KOed. in his last 2 fights AA has seemed to have lost some power in his punches; his fight with O'brien looked like he was barely touching him as O'brien was fully mounted and didn't even seem to be taking damage. it kind of mirrored patty cake like NateDawg said. and in his fight with Werdum let's not forget HW he actually slapped him. he seems to have lost some ferocity in his fights but he is still a formidable opponent. and yes, the UFC HW division is filled with more grapplers then strikers. it is a fact and isn't something that can be disputed imo.
ncordless
3/16/08 8:07:17PM
I think that either he is going to end up in the UFC with a fight against Mir, or he'll leave and get matched up with Aleksander Emelianko. In either situation, he gets a shot with either Nog or Fedor by the end of the year.

--MMA Swami
casey64
3/16/08 9:27:51PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Ok let's name all the UFC Hw's.

Big Nog= Grappler/wrestler
Lesnar= Grappler/Wrestler
McCully= Grappler/Wrestler
O'Brien= Grappler/Wrestler
Gabriel Gonzaga= Grappler/Wrestler
Fabricio Werdum= Grappler/Wrestler
Brandon Vera= Grappler Wrestler, nobody start with me on this unless you actually look up Vera's history because when you do you will realize he was a wrestler learning BJJ before he ever began kickboxing.

Strikers...
Big Tim
Kongo
Arlovski
Herring
Sanchez

And AA and Tim are the only ones usually in peoples Top 10, so yeah, the UFC is filled with more grapplers the strikers, so it's not moronic it's FACT!!! Lightweight division, Almost all grapplers. Welterweight division all the top 10 are wrestlers except Davis/Alves. Light Heavyweight is mixed, but the Middleweight division is the only division hat's mostly strikers. Sorry but your argument fails.

Outside the UFC you have mostly strikers and AA was only elite when he hits and KO'd fighters before they hit him because everybody knows his chins his weakness and his strength is his well roundedness. I never said his hands suck. I just said he's suck outside the UFC because he's scared and has no fighting spirit so he won't hit first but he will get hit first and by K-1 Level kickboxers over in Japan who will then TKO/KO him. If he was aggressive like he use to be I would actually agree with you, but he's not so I can't see him holding any HW title. I think even Kimbo would KO AA because his boxing is phenominal. You just got to face the fact AA has changed and will never be the same, at least after seeing his last two fights. HE PLAYED PATTY CAKE ON JAKES FACE!!

chubbud22
3/16/08 11:32:21PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think even Kimbo would KO AA because his boxing is phenominal.

Are you kidding me Kimbos boxing is phenominal He can hit hard but his hands are slow as hell. I have a friend who is a national champion boxer who think Kimbos hands suck, They would probably look phenominal to the average joe. Forest knocked kimbo out sparring.
NatedawgThaM
3/16/08 11:52:08PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Are you kidding me Kimbos boxing is phenominal He can hit hard but his hands are slow as hell. I have a friend who is a national champion boxer who think Kimbos hands suck, They would probably look phenominal to the average joe. Forest knocked kimbo out sparring.

Dude, quit getting the Arlovski's confused. I'm talking about the current one who Floyd Mayweather'd Werdum and was patty caking O'Brien's face when he stopped him. Your talking about the good Arlovski from years ago.

Did you see the Tank fight? His head movement is beautiful and is getting better and better every time out that he trains with Bas Rutten. I'm pretty sure that KO was a several months ago before the training started with Bas. If the AA showed up your talking about, I'd take him definitely. But his chin is weak dude, he was great because he has good power and hit before he got hit, but since he does not hit first and is not that aggressive anymore, Kimbo hits hard and will hit him first and get the KO.

I'd put a Lifetime Avatar bet on that
chubbud22
3/17/08 1:02:53AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Dude, quit getting the Arlovski's confused. I'm talking about the current one who Floyd Mayweather'd Werdum and was patty caking O'Brien's face when he stopped him. Your talking about the good Arlovski from years ago.

Did you see the Tank fight? His head movement is beautiful and is getting better and better every time out that he trains with Bas Rutten. I'm pretty sure that KO was a several months ago before the training started with Bas. If the AA showed up your talking about, I'd take him definitely. But his chin is weak dude, he was great because he has good power and hit before he got hit, but since he does not hit first and is not that aggressive anymore, Kimbo hits hard and will hit him first and get the KO.

I
I will give you the Arlovkis not as good argument,but when I have national champion olympic boxers telling me Kimbos boxing sucks I will go with there Opinion.
cmill21
3/17/08 1:07:10AM

Posted by ncordless

I think that either he is going to end up in the UFC with a fight against Mir, or he'll leave and get matched up with Aleksander Emelianko. In either situation, he gets a shot with either Nog or Fedor by the end of the year.

--MMA Swami

I don't think he'd get past Fedor's little bro lol. Aleks is an iron jawed giant with hands of granite and a good enough ground game not to get subbed. I think AA will leave and go to EXC or Dream, maybe HDNet.
BlazinSaddle
3/17/08 1:32:01AM
so much hate and over analyzation for andrei....typical bandwagon jumping the guy loses by KO (sylvia at 59) for the first time in years and is labeled as having a glass jaw yet stood 3 rounds with rizzo which most of the haters havnt even watched and dosnt furiously go in recklessly and get KO's anymore so hes a weaker striker now....

sick of this blind love and hate for fighters...yesterday gonzaga was the shiz for KOing cro cop now hes a can? then randy TKOing gonzaga now hes retiring cus he isnt getting his picky ways tomorrow it will however gets a big win against a top 10. uggggg the HW division is making me nauseous lately
chubbud22
3/17/08 1:47:11AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

so much hate and over analyzation for andrei....typical bandwagon jumping the guy loses by KO (sylvia at 59) for the first time in years and is labeled as having a glass jaw yet stood 3 rounds with rizzo which most of the haters havnt even watched and dosnt furiously go in recklessly and get KO's anymore so hes a weaker striker now....

sick of this blind love and hate for fighters...yesterday gonzaga was the shiz for KOing cro cop now hes a can? then randy TKOing gonzaga now hes retiring cus he isnt getting his picky ways tomorrow it will however gets a big win against a top 10. uggggg the HW division is making me nauseous lately

NatedawgThaM
3/17/08 1:59:41AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Have you seen the Rizzo fight???? Have you ever seen him fight??? He's not aggressive at all and does not care if he's boring or not. He tears you up with leg kicks the 1st two rounds and usually finishes in the 3rd.

Tim and Rizzo are the only strikers he has faced and what happened? KO'D!!! So yeah, when he faces good strikers, he gets owned

BlazinSaddle
3/17/08 5:50:47PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Have you seen the Rizzo fight???? Have you ever seen him fight??? He's not aggressive at all and does not care if he's boring or not. He tears you up with leg kicks the 1st two rounds and usually finishes in the 3rd.

Tim and Rizzo are the only strikers he has faced and what happened? KO'D!!! So yeah, when he faces good strikers, he gets owned

have i seen the rizzo fight? yeah plenty, all i saw from both fighters was heart until arlovski finally went down in the 3rd, both have monster chins, fighters get better over time man its part of the evolution of skill and life otherwise he wouldnt have a 14-5 record it would be worse, he didnt get owned by sylvia twice tho, i feel that he won the 3rd fight so the sylvia loss by KO was his own fault charging in being reckless has nothing to do with chin, when you move forward into a punch especially a heavyweight your going down, how come nobody realizes the weight differential, the more weight you have behind you the harder you hit, i guarentee nobody in the middleweight (excluding anderson) and welterweight division would KO arlovski or many other heavyweights
chubbud22
3/18/08 9:34:09PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

If Kimbo and Arlovski fight I will take an Avatar bet.: