Andrei - Decision 4% (2)
Big Nog - Decision 6% (3)
Andrei - Submission 0% (0)
Big Nog - Submission 46% (23)
Andrei - T(KO) 36% (18)
Big Nog - T(KO) 8% (4)
chickmagnet
3/3/08 12:36:44AM
This should be the Nogs first defense for the Undisputed title, I personally would rather see this fight than Couture vs. Nog....Anyway I think Andrei deserves a title shot the most, he's won his last three and two by t(ko), he would be a huge test for Big Nog because if Andrei dropped Nog he wouldn't let up like Herring did....

I think Andrei would take this by KO in the late 3rd or early 4th...
cmill21
3/3/08 12:39:52AM
Nog round 1 sub. He would out box AA, then take it down and finish him with a choke, Anaconda more then likely.
NatedawgThaM
3/3/08 12:42:43AM
Big Nog would beat him badly IMO. His boxing is better so I think even this scared to bang Arlovski would have problems with Nog's longer reach, so even taking a step in could be fatal. Big Tim really only did well against Nog because of height and aggressiveness and without that height and the weak chin, Big Nog might actually score a KO win here.

His ground is definitely better and would sub AA in 2-3 rounds, but if it stayed on the feet, I would go Big Nog by 4th or 5th KO when AA gets aggressive and runs into a punch that drops him once he realizes he's behind on the card from getting outboxed.

But I do agree he is the most clear contender right now if he stayed since he has 3 straight wins and a win over Werdum who the UFC said was the top contender. It's also good for AA to stay since it's mostly dominant strikers outside the UFC which is scary for a scared AA with a weak chin.

chickmagnet
3/3/08 12:45:38AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Big Nog would beat him badly IMO. His boxing is better so I think even this scared to bang Arlovski would have problems with Nog's longer reach, so even taking a step in could be fatal. Big Tim really only did well against Nog because of height and aggressiveness and without that height and the weak chin, Big Nog might actually score a KO win here.

His ground is definitely better and would sub AA in 2-3 rounds, but if it stayed on the feet, I would go Big Nog by 4th or 5th KO when AA gets aggressive and runs into a punch that drops him once he realizes he's behind on the card from getting outboxed.

But I do agree he is the most clear contender right now if he stayed since he has 3 straight wins and a win over Werdum who the UFC said was the top contender. It's also good for AA to stay since it's mostly dominant strikers outside the UFC which is scary for a scared AA with a weak chin.

Nog has been dropped badly in both of his UFC fights, Andrei does have power, if he caught nog then he wouldn't stop like Heath did.
NatedawgThaM
3/3/08 12:55:50AM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Nog has been dropped badly in both of his UFC fights, Andrei does have power, if he caught nog then he wouldn't stop like Heath did.

He didn't drop either Werdum or O'Brien in his last two fights so I don't think he'd drop Nog who has the best chin in MMA besides maybe Hunt. Tim like I said, only was good on the feet with height and aggression. Herring just happened to throw a lucky head kick Nog didn't see coming. So a non aggressive glass chin'd AA, I don't think would drop him.

But shit it's MMA right? Anything can happen.
loonytnt
3/3/08 2:06:49AM
nog 4th sub, AA beats him up for 3rounds then sub him

its nog thats how his fights go
Jackelope
3/3/08 2:58:21AM
I actually gotta give this one early to Nog if it were to happen. His boxing is crisp and clean through and through. It's not always what the Doctor ordered in the Octagon/Ring.. but technically his boxing is pretty sound. I think Arlovski goes down 2nd rd via dazing into submission. Kind of like how Hendo got taken out. Nog will daze him on the feet and finish it on the ground.
ufcboss
3/3/08 7:41:31AM
I think Arlovski is gone, So we can only "DREAM " to see him again.
They keep saying it isnt so but I dont really believe it all.
How the flying fu@# was the koscheck fight put on instead of the AA fight, That should of been on the main card anyways.

Then I watched Arlovski's fight today, And theres Joe Rogan kinda badmouthing him. He goes on and on about how its never boring and its a chess match and all that stuff, But as soon as AA "Isnt" doing much, He starts saying how he has lost the will and his been stopped before and bla bla, Dont quote me hear, But he was saying that stuff on purpose, It pissed me off a little too, I 99% of the time admire Rogan but he went too far with that stuff IMO.

Anyways, The UFC messed up, They hoped Arlovski would lose, And had Joe talking bad about him to get most "Newer" Fans to agree, And kiss him goodbye.
Now he won, I dont see that keeping him around. Ask yourself this, If you where AA, The Pitbull, The former HW Champ, Where you happy with your prelim fight, And did Koscheck deserve the last match on the PPV instead of you?

BIG NO, AND A BIGGER NO.
SmileR
3/3/08 8:00:01AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'll give you the ground game but their is no way Big Nog has the striking!
AA is probably the best striker in the HW devision now Cro Cop has left.
I'll go with the ts on this an say Andrei late 3rd early 4th.

Nog isn't scared to stand and i think it would be a mistake with Andrei.
If it went to the ground theirs a chance also that AA could tie Nog up in his guard and get the fight stood up again.

Don't forget Arlovski's over head right is the most devastating punch in the UFC HW devision right now! So far its floored anyone who's felt it.

Also Nog got tooled in the stand up with Big Tim and AA has faster hands and was winning the 3rd fight until he hurt his leg and lost a lot of mobility.

Tim worked the jab a lot and followed up a quick flurry but lacked KO power.
AA has the speed and power to easily do what Tim did and land with more force. Also their is hardly any reach advantage for either.
AA is 6-4 and Nog is 6-3 with only 0.5 inch reach advantage going to Nog.

This fight would be a war! I'd give the stand up easily to AA and the Ground game easily to Nog.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/08 8:40:32AM
I actually thinks AA tko's his in the late first or early second and fends off the takedowns and Big Nog usually stands up for the first round and AA finishes what big tim and herring couldnt do.
disturbed_fighter
3/3/08 8:56:08AM
arlovski would win convincingly
fullerene
3/3/08 10:36:23AM
A mix of opinions in this thread which points out that this would be a good fight without a clear-cut conclusion. I'll take Nog because he fights well and fights hard against his best opponents while Arlovski can get complacent when things don't go well for him right away. But I could see either guy winning.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/3/08 1:29:37PM
Arlovski late KO

too much power
& i guess lack of Arlovski has made folks forget about his stand-up & ground game
jiujitsufreak74
3/3/08 3:25:08PM
AA stand up does not impress me in the least. he chin is a big weakness and i really don't think he is a top striker. the only KO victory that speaks to his victory is Cabbage. all of the others are not technical strikers. the competition he faced during his reign weren't even close to top 10 even at the time. When he faced Rizzo he got outclassed badly and was eventually KOed in the 3rd. i think that big nog has faced better strikers then AA, particularly CC, Sylvia (yes Sylvia is a better striker then AA), Fedor (Fedor is a better striker as well), Henderson, Schilt, Sapp and i also believe Herring has better striking as well. AA's striking is one of the most overrated aspects in MMA today. a chin is a big part of the striking game and AA seems to have a weak one. yes he does have KO power, but he is not an elite striker like people make him out to be. i believe AA's strength is in his well roundedness not his striking. and in this fight i see big nog getting the submission in the 2nd. don't get me wrong AA is definitely a top 5 HW but i just don't think his striking is as good as a lot of people say it is.
NatedawgThaM
3/3/08 4:40:14PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

AA stand up does not impress me in the least. he chin is a big weakness and i really don't think he is a top striker. the only KO victory that speaks to his victory is Cabbage. all of the others are not technical strikers. the competition he faced during his reign weren't even close to top 10 even at the time. When he faced Rizzo he got outclassed badly and was eventually KOed in the 3rd. i think that big nog has faced better strikers then AA, particularly CC, Sylvia (yes Sylvia is a better striker then AA), Fedor (Fedor is a better striker as well), Henderson, Schilt, Sapp and i also believe Herring has better striking as well. AA's striking is one of the most overrated aspects in MMA today. a chin is a big part of the striking game and AA seems to have a weak one. yes he does have KO power, but he is not an elite striker like people make him out to be. i believe AA's strength is in his well roundedness not his striking. and in this fight i see big nog getting the submission in the 2nd. don't get me wrong AA is definitely a top 5 HW but i just don't think his striking is as good as a lot of people say it is.

gsquat
3/3/08 5:10:29PM

Posted by ufcboss

How the flying fu@# was the koscheck fight put on instead of the AA fight, That should of been on the main card anyways.

Then I watched Arlovski's fight today, And theres Joe Rogan kinda badmouthing him. He goes on and on about how its never boring and its a chess match and all that stuff, But as soon as AA "Isnt" doing much, He starts saying how he has lost the will and his been stopped before and bla bla, Dont quote me hear, But he was saying that stuff on purpose, It pissed me off a little too, I 99% of the time admire Rogan but he went too far with that stuff IMO.

Anyways, The UFC messed up, They hoped Arlovski would lose, And had Joe talking bad about him to get most "Newer" Fans to agree, And kiss him goodbye.
Now he won, I dont see that keeping him around. Ask yourself this, If you where AA, The Pitbull, The former HW Champ, Where you happy with your prelim fight, And did Koscheck deserve the last match on the PPV instead of you?

BIG NO, AND A BIGGER NO.

Agreement on some but not all. I think Arlovski will stay around becuase there is huge demand for him (because of his image). I'm sure he's seen how reckless Nog is and thinks he can finish him off, which he may. Arlovski still has a lot of fight in him. He's only 30. I think he's much improved even from the Sylvia fights. I agree with you that his fight or Diego's fight should have been televised as opposed to Kos's. We'll see more Arlovski and probably a title (interim) shot soon.
Pookie
3/3/08 5:15:21PM
I think Nog would take it, he has the ability to pepper him with his long reach, and arlovski is a puncher... the only time nog was close to being out was against a kick of herrings. I dont see a punch catching nog just like i cant see a punch catching rampage...

Arlovski has never fought a bjj fighter the caliber of Big nog, nor one that could stand adequately with him. Big Nog's stand-up is alot better than werdums.
babytater03
3/3/08 6:00:22PM

Posted by ufcboss

BIG NO, AND A BIGGER NO.

props for you sir
jiujitsufreak74
3/3/08 6:08:52PM

Posted by gsquat

Agreement on some but not all. I think Arlovski will stay around becuase there is huge demand for him (because of his image). I'm sure he's seen how reckless Nog is and thinks he can finish him off, which he may. Arlovski still has a lot of fight in him. He's only 30. I think he's much improved even from the Sylvia fights. I agree with you that his fight or Diego's fight should have been televised as opposed to Kos's. We'll see more Arlovski and probably a title (interim) shot soon.

i think it was fine to have Koscheck's fight on the PPV. it was an exciting match which saw fast paced stand up and some good ground work pus had an exciting KO. i don't know if you guys saw the AA fight but it had to be the most boring thing i have ever seen. all it was was O'brien shooting on AA, missing the takedown and the fight going back to the feet where O'brien shot again to no avail. both AA and O'brien did nothing in that fight and i am glad they didn't show it. and when AA got mount it was like he was slapping him and the referee stopped it because he got bored. AA wasn't unloading bombs or anythimng, he didn't rock Jake on the feet and pretty much all he did was sprawl and gain mount where he won the fight with mitten slaps. don't get me wrong he won hands down but it was not exciting at all. i can see an argument for Diego's fight being on the PPV but Koscheck's fight was the most exciting of the under cards imo.
tylerlee123
3/3/08 6:12:09PM
Arlovski would KO him on the ground
tdietel01
3/7/08 11:46:07PM
imo, Nog may be a bit overrated. but i have only seen 2 of his fights (herring and tim) i am amazed at how he can take a beating and still win but.. i dont think that would work agaist AA. he might be able to submit him, but if he takes a hard shot, i would be suprised if AA would let up long enough for nog to regain his composure. i say AA in rd 3 by tko
emfleek
3/7/08 11:56:17PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by gsquat

i think it was fine to have Koscheck's fight on the PPV. it was an exciting match which saw fast paced stand up and some good ground work pus had an exciting KO. i don't know if you guys saw the AA fight but it had to be the most boring thing i have ever seen. all it was was O'brien shooting on AA, missing the takedown and the fight going back to the feet where O'brien shot again to no avail. both AA and O'brien did nothing in that fight and i am glad they didn't show it. and when AA got mount it was like he was slapping him and the referee stopped it because he got bored. AA wasn't unloading bombs or anythimng, he didn't rock Jake on the feet and pretty much all he did was sprawl and gain mount where he won the fight with mitten slaps. don't get me wrong he won hands down but it was not exciting at all. i can see an argument for Diego's fight being on the PPV but Koscheck's fight was the most exciting of the under cards imo.

Agreed. I'd give you props, but I gotta spread the love, plant the seed, etc.
BlazinSaddle
3/8/08 1:25:23AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He didn't drop either Werdum

he dropped werdum in the 1st round but didnt pounce cus of werdum's BJJ, rewatch that fight
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 1:32:06AM

Posted by tdietel01

imo, Nog may be a bit overrated. but i have only seen 2 of his fights (herring and tim) i am amazed at how he can take a beating and still win but.. i dont think that would work agaist AA. he might be able to submit him, but if he takes a hard shot, i would be suprised if AA would let up long enough for nog to regain his composure. i say AA in rd 3 by tko

Dude that happens in every Nog fight. Freakin Bob Sapp WWF piledrived him and he still came back and won.

Yeah AA did drop Werdum, guess the boring and cowardness of Arlovski running made me forget
bls1919
3/8/08 1:18:47PM
If this fight were to happen i think it would be fight of the night. With AA's stand up and his knowledge of sambo i think it could be a bad match for Nog. That is if AA would come at this fight like it was do or die
cmill21
3/8/08 1:42:28PM
I think Nog would KO him lol. I like Nog's boxing more, and I think AA's chins a little suspect. As for Nog being TKO'd or KO'd, I really don't think that would happen, since AA's GnP is simply not good enough to inflict enough damage on the ground and his reach isn't big enough and his boxing isn't any better then Nog's so a KO from the feet would be tough to get. I think AA of old could win via UD, but now I'd take Nog via KO/TKO or UD, but a KO would be nicer so I picked that
Pitbull09
3/8/08 2:30:18PM
AA def needs a title shot soon. He been getting screwed lately, give him a contender fight at least.

As far as the fight goes however, unless Andrei's stand up actually can beat Big Nogs, I see this fight ending 2nd or 3rd by sub. Theres always a chance though with AA