Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Arlovski
POLL: Who would win?
Arlovski 79% (31)
Herring 21% (8)
SpiderSilva
3/7/08 11:22:19AM
So if the UFC resigns the big double A why not through Heath Heirring at him this could be a fight some might want to see what do you guys think?
waylon_o
3/7/08 11:26:50AM
I think that would be a great fight...I think Heath Herring is about to turn over a new leaf. He's always been a good fighter, but I think he's hungrier now than he's ever been and I'm really expecting him to turn it up. AA is one of my very favorite fighters...I will be bummed if he leaves the UFC, but I can't really blame him. Dana's stronghand tactics won't work on everyone. AA is definitely a crowd favorite. If the UFC loses AA, I really think the fans will be missing out on one of their favorites. I think Dana knows that and will resign Arlovski.
SpiderSilva
3/7/08 11:29:06AM
I think AA wants a peice of Fedor and this is why he might leave but now with Fedor back as a FA this mighthelp the UFC if they land Fedor
waylon_o
3/7/08 11:31:24AM
That would be F***ing spectacular
Twenty20Dollars
3/7/08 12:03:07PM
I dont want to see AA vs herring. I'd rather see herring vs lesnar or sylvia.
Rich78
3/7/08 12:04:11PM

Posted by waylon_o
He's always been a good fighter, but I think he's hungrier now than he's ever been

Dam straight he is, he's piled on the pounds since coming to the UFC!!!

But yeah, this would be a great fight.

12 months ago, I'd have given it to AA hands down, but they have been heading in different directions recently, and I could see Herring getting the decison win.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/7/08 12:38:45PM
damn good fight & herring would stand a very very good chance, but i got AA winnning this
bullettdodger
3/7/08 1:06:25PM
Herring Round 2 Submission in my book. AA's sambo doesn't seem to be as much a part of his game plan these days, AA is just looking to bang em out, and I think Herring can weather whatever storm AA puts up in the first round. Who knows, Herrings's power could surprise AA and he might shoot for a take down lol. Im not really trying to compare AA with Kongo here though as they're completely different fighters
tylerlee123
3/7/08 1:12:43PM
Arlovski would take this hands down
SmileR
3/7/08 1:21:05PM
Arlovski would tool Herring!
He's the better striker so he wins the stand up.
He is vastly under-rated on the floor and i would happily give this to AA.

Their isn't a place that Herring could take this fight where Andrei wouldn't dominate!

Andrei by 2nd tko
bullettdodger
3/7/08 1:37:46PM

Posted by SmileR

Arlovski would tool Herring!
He's the better striker so he wins the stand up.
He is vastly under-rated on the floor and i would happily give this to AA.

Their isn't a place that Herring could take this fight where Andrei wouldn't dominate!

Andrei by 2nd tko

MMA doesn't deal in absolutes my friends, and im well aware that AA is also your favorite fighter... All im saying is i think Herring has power and Herring HAS a chin, i don't think anyone thinks AA's Striking is NOT better than Herring's because it definitely is! But lately, and maybe its just me, but AA always looks scared to get hit, or at the very least tentative in his striking. Without his "balls to the walls" pace that he use to run people over with, i just see this going to the mat and Herring pulling off an arm lock or something when AA isn't paying attention in transition. I also see Herring being able to pull of a UD or SD win.... But, that doesn't mean i can't see an AA TKO/KO win... i just think i'd put my money on Herring. If this fight comes up im going to be placing a heavy wager on Herring if the odds are what i think they'll be.
whardin19
3/7/08 3:29:44PM
This would probably be the smartest move if the UFC does resign Arlovski. Herring vs. Arlovski would generate alot of buzz and could be a co-main event.
d_block07
3/7/08 3:40:11PM
would be a good fight. AA takes it tho. He has TD defense and would win a solid tko later in the fihgt. Like the obrien fight but more standing.
waylon_o
3/7/08 3:44:14PM
AA's takedown defense was excellent in his last fight...he looked super athletic and in great shape
loonytnt
3/7/08 4:59:44PM
i wanna see AA fight anyone in the ufc just get him back in there
Pookie
3/7/08 5:31:01PM
Bad style match-up, herring is incredibly hard to finish and arlovski gets knocked out by a gentle breeze.

I would take herring by tko.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 5:58:21PM

Posted by Pookie

Bad style match-up, herring is incredibly hard to finish and arlovski gets knocked out by a gentle breeze.

I would take herring by tko.

lol i can tell by your avatar you make correct decisions, i'll make an avatar bet with you pookmeister, give you a worse one than that,