Arlovski - Obrian fight a prelim?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Arlovski - Obrian fight a prelim?!
SmileR
1/29/08 10:46:30AM
I'v been reading it is!
Is this true? Or just some sick joke made up by those crazy people over on sherdog forums!

If it is what a mistake on UFC's part. You can see by the interviews and his training he's hungry to get back!
cowcatcher
1/29/08 10:47:59AM
if the ufc brass thinks this is AAs last fight for them i can see them doing this to keep his exposure to a minimum before he goes elsewhere.
SmileR
1/29/08 10:53:08AM

Posted by cowcatcher

if the ufc brass thinks this is AAs last fight for them i can see them doing this to keep his exposure to a minimum before he goes elsewhere.

They had best be joking! How can a top 5 HW (Yes top 5) nt make main card?! I know his last fight wasn't to entertaining but he won!
Now Werdum's getting a title shot and AA isn't even main card!!

Please someone tell me this isn't true and its all rumors!
JWils
1/29/08 10:57:59AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Agreed. Plus, he really hasn't had an exciting fight in the last couple of years. IMO, he's never been the same since Sylvia KO'ed him.

tuvok500
1/29/08 11:02:10AM
Well, The UFC don't have a lot of new fighter every events to fight in the prelims like the others organization.

I mean, almost everybody in card are well known and it is normal to have some big name fighting in the prelims.
If Koscheck and Fitch are in the prelims, it is perfectly normal to have AA there too.

i see the main card like that :

Silva / Hendo
Kongo / Herring
Sanchez / Bielkheden
Okami / Tanner
Leben / Sakara

So , basically, a lot of big name will eventually be in the prelim no matter how they set-up the card.

Fitch , Koscheck , AA , have to win by quick KO or Sub and they will probably have the time to show their fight on the PPV part.

I would prefer to see Fitch in the main card than Sanchez and some would prefer to have AA instead of Leben or Okami, hard to make eveybody happy.

Boo_Radley21
1/29/08 11:12:03AM
That's stupid. Arlovski was the champ and is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC. If they want him to stay why don't they just treat him better.
NatedawgThaM
1/29/08 11:26:23AM
GOOD!!!!

It's going to be a boring fight anyways. It's either going to be scared Arlovski backing up and running or Jake will win with 3 rounds of GNP.

If they put this on the card they would hide great fights like the Diego and Fitch fight. Props to the UFC!!!
cowcatcher
1/29/08 11:31:42AM
it is kind of a shame if true because AA is extremely popular and obrien is an undefeated HW that before his fight with HH had won 8 of 9 fights by KO and should probably get some exposure as an up and comer by the UFC. i guess there may just be too many questions about obriens health, and his last "boring" performance and which AA will show up.
loonytnt
1/29/08 11:49:22AM
a lot of fans dont no there are undercard fights anyway so they are doing AA wrong imo
kevietre
1/29/08 11:54:45AM
That would be disappointing considering Andrei was one of the faces of the UFC at one time and single handedly carried the HW Division. I hope its not boring because Jake O Brien is one of the most boring fighters ever so hopefully Arlovski will KO him.
Ordep
1/29/08 12:48:35PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

GOOD!!!!

It's going to be a boring fight anyways. It's either going to be scared Arlovski backing up and running or Jake will win with 3 rounds of GNP.

If they put this on the card they would hide great fights like the Diego and Fitch fight. Props to the UFC!!!

you're just freak out because its one of you favs. but remember his last performance and the fact that this might be his last fight, start praying or something for one of the fights to end quick and see if they air the AA one (hopefully not).
Leland
1/29/08 12:50:02PM
dont think prelim would be good for sales. If UFC has any business sense, Andrei sells. He will get them buys. NOT if hes in the prelims! They need his face being advertised on the commercials.
DCRage
1/29/08 1:35:17PM
If he was on PPV he'd likely be in the first match. The prelims won't be lacking star power though, Kos vs. Hazelett will be a prelim as well. Because of the main event being a title match they'll likely go with 4 PPV matches, and I see the likely 4th one being Fitch-Wilson leading off (the other PPV fights are Kongo-Herring and Okami-Tanner according to ufc.com).
jiujitsufreak74
1/29/08 2:26:12PM
i want to back it up for a second, is it true that werdum gets a title shot? because if he does that it ridiculous. what did he do? lose a fight with AA and then beat an overrated GG that he had already defeated? i mean in the two sentences i just listed what did he do to warrant a title shot? i have no problem with AA's next fight being a "prelim" as you say but if werdum is getting a title shot then i am definitely not ok with it. AA should get his shot before werdum because he did beat him after all, however if werdum doesn't get the shot then i don't mind AA not getting it either ; at least not right away.
loonytnt
1/29/08 4:45:51PM
werdum was losin that fight with GG, lost to AA he should not fight for the title, give him CC, imo CC wins by KO, then CC can fight for the title
postman
1/29/08 6:04:57PM
wouldn't Kongo be ahead of CC
jgordon85
1/30/08 3:32:22AM
i am happy to see that arlovski is fighting. i think this will be a good fight for him too. he has to patch up his relationship with the ufc by putting on a good fight i think he will do that. arlovski about to beat that a$$$ yyyaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
KYGUY07
1/30/08 8:26:53AM
I dont think it matters if the fight is shown its gonna be boring all obrian fights are boring, and arlovski hasnt been impressive in a while
UFCjunkieX
1/31/08 3:36:44AM
GOOD NEWS: Not true it is on the main card is good news...

NEWS NEWS: O' Brien will win the fight.

BAD NEWS: Potential to be very boring AA avoids TDs and O' Brien little after getting them. FUN FUN
jgordon85
2/5/08 11:32:23PM
so does this mean that arlovski did not re-sign with the ufc and he is just fighting his last fight on his contract?
Kracker_Jap
2/5/08 11:44:17PM
The card is pretty stacked someone has to be in the prelim