ARLOSVKI MOVES TO 2-0 AGAINST IFL'S BEST

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ARLOSVKI MOVES TO 2-0 AGAINST IFL'S BEST
MMAcca
10/5/08 6:39:19AM
Following his exit from the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Andrei Arlosvki is now 2-0 against the best of the best of the IFL’s former heavyweights as he knocked out Roy Nelson at CBS-EliteXC Saturday Night Fights.

The first round saw Arlovski deal with Nelson’s ground game as the Las Vegas native took the fight down and moved to side mount, but he couldn’t capitalize on the position.

It was apparent early on that Arlovski had a considerable speed advantage over his opponent, but Nelson stuck around with great heart and tenacity.

Nelson tried to employ a similar gameplan in the second round of the fight, pressing Arlovski against the cage, but he seemed to lose steam as time went on. A huge uppercut rocked Nelson. Arlovski followed that up with a big right hand that sent his opponent crashing to the mat, ending the fight.

Arlovski struggled at points against Nelson, but for the biggest parts of the fight he succeeded where he needed to and pulled off another impressive win over a top quality opponent in Roy Nelson.

LINK
Bloodhound
10/5/08 7:05:00AM
i would like to see Arlovski fight Antonio Silva
MMAcca
10/5/08 7:06:37AM

Posted by Bloodhound

i would like to see Arlovski fight Antonio Silva

Maybe, if his ban is overturned that is.
mrsmiley
10/5/08 7:54:20AM
Man seeing AA fight last night just really makes me wish him or Barnett would fight Fedor.

Regardless,Bigfoot vs AA I think would prove to be a pretty interesting match.I think AA would take it,but I don't think it would be a walk in the park for him.
gartface
10/5/08 11:20:59AM
Anyone else think it was bull that Roy was in side control working a kimura and got stood up?
Arlovski destroyed him once they were on the feet, but I still think it was premature to stand them up, especially when he was in such a dominant position.
MMAcca
10/5/08 11:51:55AM

Posted by gartface

Anyone else think it was bull that Roy was in side control working a kimura and got stood up?
Arlovski destroyed him once they were on the feet, but I still think it was premature to stand them up, especially when he was in such a dominant position.

AA will be fighting for the UFC HW title this time next year
Twenty20Dollars
10/5/08 12:15:49PM
AA is on a tear and dana is prolly hurting on this for letting him go.
McBee
10/5/08 3:10:12PM
I do not think Roy Nelson is top 20 and am glad he got KTFO considering all the crap he was talking against the UFC and everything, you do not belong with the Elite.
CwB
10/5/08 8:17:41PM
when watching both the rothstein fight and the nelson fight it makes me believe that if aa fights ether barnett or fedor that he will lose if it goes to the ground...

if fedor had a dominate postion like side mount on aa like nelson did i believe fedor could have easily finished it

and barnett is such a strong wrestler

if aa's next oponent is either of these guys he will need to focus more on his good ground skills to make them great

other then that his standup looks awesome i believe it might be the best in the hw division.

WAR AA
prozacnation1978
10/5/08 9:24:09PM
the pitbull is back
i want afflication to fold so dana can bring back arlovski
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/5/08 9:27:19PM
wow, everyone in this thread seems to already be looking past the Barnett fight... wich IMO AA will lose.
McBee
10/5/08 9:53:05PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

wow, everyone in this thread seems to already be looking past the Barnett fight... wich IMO AA will lose.

If Barnett ever fights again, man thinks he is made of gold and no one is paying. It would be awesome if the UFC goes to Japan and brings him on because of his Japan ratings pull.
Bloodhound
10/6/08 12:20:43AM
i don't think Arlovski's ground game is bad nor is it great, but hes very skilled in Sambo and he has never been submitted
cmill21
10/6/08 12:30:53AM
I will say it here and now, Fedor would beat AA standing.
dmfp
10/6/08 6:00:53AM
What is a mediocre sambo fighter like AA gona do against world champion mma and sambo fighter.
I cant see AA going past the 2nd round.
RMFG_187
10/6/08 7:31:59AM

Posted by cmill21

I will say it here and now, Fedor would beat AA standing.

Standing Fedor has the advantage and on the ground, Fedor has the advantage.

Fedor would win in round 1.